NFL: Possible Player Movement Discussion

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
i

"Tom Brady to the Bears, Chargers, or Colts?
Philip Rivers to the Bucs, Colts, or Panthers?
Jadeveon Clowney to the Giants, Raiders, or Ravens?
Cam Newton to the Chargers, Dolphins, or Raiders?
A.J. Green to the 49ers, Colts, Raiders?
Melvin Gordon to the Bucs, Skins, or Texans?
Trent Williams to the Browns, Dolphins, or Pats?
Chris Harris Jr to the Chiefs, Jets, and Texans?" ESPN: Serving sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.

Talk about possible player movement here. Rivers is a FA.

Last edited:

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I think the Chargers will look to draft a QB rather then sign one. I've thought this since they signed Tyrod last season since despite having a rough time in Cleveland there would've still been teams he could've joined with a far better chance of starting then sitting behind a HoF QB who never misses a game.
They recently signed Lynn to an extension despite having a terrible year my guess is they'll let him continue with his guy as the system he wanted to install never fit Rivers.

If I were a betting man I'd guess that the Chargers two QBs going into the season will be Tyrod and Justin Herbert.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

@Blackhawkswincup thoughts?
Didn’t know this was a thing..

The Mack trade turned out to be a bust for Chicago because the plan didn't work. They made the trade with the expectation their young QB would be blossoming at the same time Mack was dominating. Instead, they're in a position where they need a new QB, don't have any picks, are watching Mack turn 29 this month, and will see Mack's cap hit explode this season.

I guess they could try to find a free agent QB, but the price would be very high. There also aren't exactly a lot of them to choose from.

Trading Mack could bring back some picks to help their rebuild cause, but they're going to be stuck waiting until next year to see if they can tank their way to a good QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Mack trade turned out to be a bust for Chicago because the plan didn't work. They made the trade with the expectation their young QB would be blossoming at the same time Mack was dominating. Instead, they're in a position where they need a new QB, don't have any picks, are watching Mack turn 29 this month, and will see Mack's cap hit explode this season.

I guess they could try to find a free agent QB, but the price would be very high. There also aren't exactly a lot of them to choose from.

Trading Mack could bring back some picks to help their rebuild cause, but they're going to be stuck waiting until next year to see if they can tank their way to a good QB.
Mack won’t return what the Bears gave up for him. 2 years older and the cap hit.

As hard as it was to see the raiders trade him they knew they wouldn’t be able to rebuild the team in time to take advantage of his prime years.

everything has to go right for you to have a defence carry the team all the way to a Super Bowl. If you have injuries you’re not going to get by.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019

Philip Rivers to Chicago to erase the decade long stench of Jay Cutler and Mitch Trubisky.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
Rivers isn't even an upgrade on Mitch at this point

Bears have enough problems as is so bringing in a *****ebag who's is beyond his expiration date is not direction to go

Did Rivers kill your dog or something? Yes he's getting old and looked bad this past season he's also only a year removed from a 12-4 season where he posted some of the best numbers of his career.
He can still win in the right situation. I personally hope he goes to Indy.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Did Rivers kill your dog or something? Yes he's getting old and looked bad this past season he's also only a year removed from a 12-4 season where he posted some of the best numbers of his career.
He can still win in the right situation. I personally hope he goes to Indy.
I think it's a big and expensive gamble to take a 38 year old coming off of a bad season and hoping that plugging him into a whole new system will see him get better.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The one argument for Rivers is that he was playing behind one of the worst OLs in the league so he never had a chance. However, he's also a statue back there and doesn't help himself against pressure. I wouldn't trust him at his age and go into next season with him pencilled in as the starter.

The Chargers OL is also the main reason why Brady should be careful. He shouldn't sign there unless they upgrade.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
I think it's a big and expensive gamble to take a 38 year old coming off of a bad season and hoping that plugging him into a whole new system will see him get better.

I don't have any problem with fans being wary of bringing Rivers in to be their QB. I'm just curious to why this guy hates Rivers on such a personal level.

Kel Varnson

Oct 31, 2017
The one argument for Rivers is that he was playing behind one of the worst OLs in the league so he never had a chance. However, he's also a statue back there and doesn't help himself against pressure. I wouldn't trust him at his age and go into next season with him pencilled in as the starter.

The Chargers OL is also the main reason why Brady should be careful. He shouldn't sign there unless they upgrade.

Only reason I could see the Chargers even thinking about pursuing Brady would be an attempt to try and lure some fans over.
I think they'll ultimately look to the draft to find their QB.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

With how Mahomes won the Super Bowl this past season and how Watson has turned out to be an pro bowl quarterback, the Bears pick of Trubisky really blew up in their faces.

Bears management hoped he would be on the lines of Watson/Mahomes type level by now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

That's cool but the most important question is, how will this impact Taysom Hill? Will the Saints be able to retain the next Steve Young?

Reactions: sigma six

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
There's a rumor the Raiders are offering Brady $60M for 2 years.

Burrows is saying he has leverage. Would he pull an Eli and refuse to go to the Bengals?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Hollister earned the right to stay and will be cheaper so I hope this isn't at his expense. I do like Olsen of course.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hollister earned the right to stay and will be cheaper so I hope this isn't at his expense. I do like Olsen of course.
Teams carry 3 TE normally. Dissly is coming off 2 serious season ending injuries to his knee and Achilles. Who knows how good he will be going forward. Olsen is a short term solution.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad