Line Combos: Possible future line ups

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
5 years? Everyone on our team except Dubi, Clarkson, Foligno, and Saad would be expired/need extended from their current deals. So I will assume it would be something like

Milano-Johansen-Saad
Rychel-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Dubinsky-Jenner
Bittner-Karlsson-Anderson
Clarkson, Sherwood

Murray-Savard
Werenski-Heatherington
Carlsson-JJ
Goloubef

Bobrovsky
Forsberg

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
5 years? Everyone on our team except Dubi, Clarkson, Foligno, and Saad would be expired/need extended from their current deals. So I will assume it would be something like

Milano-Johansen-Saad
Rychel-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Dubinsky-Jenner
Bittner-Karlsson-Anderson
Clarkson, Sherwood

Murray-Savard
Werenski-Heatherington
Carlsson-JJ
Goloubef

Bobrovsky
Forsberg

A LOT of potential in those lines. :amazed:

thebus2288*

Jenner-Johansen-Bjorkstrand
Saad-Dubinsky-Rychel
Foligno-Tynan-Atkinson/Calvert
Bittner-Chaput-Anderson

Murray-Savard
Werenski-Johnson
Heatherington-Prout

My "future lineups" from the past are pretty bad.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jenner-Johansen-Bjorkstrand
Saad-Dubinsky-Rychel
Foligno-Tynan-Atkinson/Calvert
Bittner-Chaput-Anderson

Murray-Savard
Werenski-Johnson
Heatherington-Prout

My "future lineups" from the past are pretty bad.

Forgot Wennberg and Milano. Although I am sure one was one purpose

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It's hard to do these because of trades and whatnot but here goes nothing.

Saad-Johansen-Bjorkstrand
Milano-Wennberg-Jenner
Calvert/Rychel-Dubinsky-Clarkson
Anderson-Chaput-Kolesar

Murray-Savard
Werenski-Paliotta
Johnson-Goloubef

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Two last post with lineup includes Chaput to fourth line. I don't even know...
His current status RFA. In my opinion FO would give him one-year two-way contract and it will be the last chance of former MVP Memorial Cup in our team.

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Milano -Johansen - Saad (no comments about this, young, skilled 1st line, the best in CBJ history)
Rychel - Wennberg - Foligno (young guns alongside Foligno, great mix of character and skills)
Bittner - Jenner - Bjorkstrand (reunion of Bittner and Bjorkstrand)
Anderson - Dubinsky - Kolesar (tough and character 4th line with some offensive upside)

Werenski - Savard (maybe another drafted RHD to replace Savard, with top line potential)
Murray - Heatherington (Murray in second pair 'cause his injuries)
Carlsson - Collins (3rd big and shut down pair with some offensive upsides)

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo
Dansk

There is no 2nd and 3rd line, but two 2nd.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Don't leave out Wild Bill

Milano -Johansen - Saad (no comments about this, young, skilled 1st line, the best in CBJ history)
Rychel - Wennberg - Foligno (young guns alongside Foligno, great mix of character and skills)
Bittner - Jenner - Bjorkstrand (reunion of Bittner and Bjorkstrand)
Anderson - Dubinsky - Kolesar (tough and character 4th line with some offensive upside)

Werenski - Savard (maybe another drafted RHD to replace Savard, with top line potential)
Murray - Heatherington (Murray in second pair 'cause his injuries)
Carlsson - Collins (3rd big and shut down pair with some offensive upsides)

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo
Dansk

There is no 2nd and 3rd line, but two 2nd.

These two guys are going to make it into the NHL... remember our GM is a Finn
Bill Karlson C - Swedish prospect we received from the Ducks for Wiz.. said to be the best prospect in the Ducks system.. Vaino(Sp?) the Swedish puck mover will factor into our future as well

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
These two guys are going to make it into the NHL... remember our GM is a Finn
Bill Karlson C - Swedish prospect we received from the Ducks for Wiz.. said to be the best prospect in the Ducks system.. Vaino(Sp?) the Swedish puck mover will factor into our future as well

Sorry but thay has no bearing on whether or not they will make it. That's up to Richards, and themselves. Jarmo may put the team together, but he's not the one who is in control of who plays and who doesnt.

Karlsson was one of Anaheims top prospect but he wasn't their top one. And after this draft I don't think he's even in our top 5. And Vaino is more of a project than anything.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
blah blah blah

Sorry but thay has no bearing on whether or not they will make it. That's up to Richards, and themselves. Jarmo may put the team together, but he's not the one who is in control of who plays and who doesnt.

Karlsson was one of Anaheims top prospect but he wasn't their top one. And after this draft I don't think he's even in our top 5. And Vaino is more of a project than anything.

You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Mine is Jarmo is a hell of a lot more likely to be around in 4-5 years than Richards is. I hope that Richards is still the coach and that we have been a contender every year.. but bottom line your speculation is no better than mine. Both those two kids can play & I hope they do, I have always liked the good European players & I hope we are lucky to find our Forsberg, Naslund, or Zetterberg.

Just as an aside where is the origin of the 8 players we took in this draft? What if we do that for 4 more drafts? I think Jarmo is looking for the BPA in drafts, but is more willing to put stock in the European players than many of the other GM's. This could be a huge advantage in the long run for the CBJ. My .02.

https://youtu.be/6N16Uger9gA

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
You have an opinion, I have an opinion. Mine is Jarmo is a hell of a lot more likely to be around in 4-5 years than Richards is. I hope that Richards is still the coach and that we have been a contender every year.. but bottom line your speculation is no better than mine. Both those two kids can play & I hope they do, I have always liked the good European players & I hope we are lucky to find our Forsberg, Naslund, or Zetterberg.

Just as an aside where is the origin of the 8 players we took in this draft? What if we do that for 4 more drafts? I think Jarmo is looking for the BPA in drafts, but is more willing to put stock in the European players than many of the other GM's. This could be a huge advantage in the long run for the CBJ. My .02.

Im willing to bet Jarmo or Richards could care less where a player is from. All Jarmo is worried about is getting the best players to give Richards and from there Richards job is to motivate them and use them where they can succeed. Im sure Jarmo likes Euros for the fact they usually come defensively responsible but his last 2 high picks have been American because at that pick skill outweighs Nationality

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

That very well may be the case, but it's still not his job to decide who makes the team or not. I dont have anything against Karlsson or any of the Euro players I just don't think he or anyone in the system is a real lock to be on the team 5 years from now. Or **** anyone on the entire roster for that matter.

I think we'll see Jarmo being pretty active over the next 5 years, especially if he thinks we could end up similar to Chicago(cap wise). Look at all the moves they have had to make. Nobody is safe.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Im willing to bet Jarmo or Richards could care less where a player is from. All Jarmo is worried about is getting the best players to give Richards and from there Richards job is to motivate them and use them where they can succeed. Im sure Jarmo likes Euros for the fact they usually come defensively responsible but his last 2 high picks have been American because at that pick skill outweighs Nationality

As mentioned earlier - I have heard him say BPA. We draft the BPA. I don't doubt that for a second, but player evaluation is subjective & he certainly has better ties to the Euro leagues than other GM's.

I'm not sure how this has digressed away from Karlsson and Vaino being potential NHL players in 4-5 years. I'n rooting for them to make the CBJ & I say this because both players are above average skaters/ hockey players - Oh, and Bob Mckenzie says the same thing at about 1:38 of the Dano draft video.

https://youtu.be/6N16Uger9gA

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad