Possible Free NHL Center Ice & NHL GCL

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
It appears iN DEMAND will allow free 'NHL Center Ice' for 2013

The NHL intends to offer Center Ice free of charge if they can make agreements with the cable/satellite carriers.

in DEMAND is the USA cable partner for distribution of Center Ice which is owned by Comcast, Cox Communications, Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks.

Comcast is leading the charge for a free season in the hope that people will get hooked and buy next year. Comcast will make it available for free on their systems.

This does NOT include DirecTV at the moment but the NHL has sent signals that NHL GameCenter will be free for this season.

below is a quote from the DBS satellite forum

user Lord vader

According to a CSR with whom I just spoke, I was told that CI would be at no charge this year; however, you must agree to a renewal for next season at the regular, full price.

Now, I am NOT saying this is what's going to happen; rather, I'm just telling you what the CSR told me. I laughed and said, "That's bulls--t. I'm not going to be tied down to a sports package at its regular price just to get it for free now."

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=206707&page=12

I'm trying to find a true solid link, however the above spoke to her provider Directv and got the news.

Tomorrow between 9am-12pm noon the schedule will be released. I would expect between tomorrow and Mon, will start seeing NHL CI orders being available for purchase.

So once someone sees a true link that NHL CI is going to be free or at a discount price will post it in here.

Then will get a moderator to remove the POSSIBLE

SgtJoseph*

That would be awesome ! As long as MSE gets to do the before game lead ins !

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
id love to get GCL for free this shortened season, but ill beleive it when i see it.

im more inclined to belevie they will still want to charge full price for 1/2 a season.

hell before if u cancelled GCL they still charged you for the full season anyways. basicly making it pointless to cancel if your not happy..

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Not exactly free since you are going to pay for CI the following year

well lets see regular price is what 178

so that's next year full games plus 1st 2 rds of playoffs

plus your getting this year free 24 games plus first 2 rds of playoffs.

breakdown normally 178 / 26 weeks = 6.85 a week for NHL CI not bad add this year for free worth it

also if you also notice

MLB extra innings are on the same channels and with hockey ending in june.

thres a chance we will get the first half of MLB for free then just sign up for the half price deal in july for those that want MLB.

so

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
Not exactly free since you are going to pay for CI the following year

That is bull. There's always gotta be some crappy catch. If they really want to sacrifice and give back to the fans there would be NO attachment to subscribe at all. There not losin anything because their gonna gain so many subscriptions and it's not like it costs money to send a signal. cable companies are a joke as it is, but this is a bigger one. And when i think of how insulting this is i picture and hate
Bettman even more.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
That is bull. There's always gotta be some crappy catch. If they really want to sacrifice and give back to the fans there would be NO attachment to subscribe at all. There not losin anything because their gonna gain so many subscriptions and it's not like it costs money to send a signal. cable companies are a joke as it is, but this is a bigger one. And when i think of how insulting this is i picture and hate
Bettman even more.

If this is for real and they're only giving it but forcing us to buy it next year, I'm not going to bother. It's like their goal is to continue pissing off the fans.

Yukon Cornelius*

Doubt they could give away gcl for free. Their serverscouldn't handle the demand

Completely agree. On busy nights (Thursdays & Saturdays) their server would slow to a crawl. I'd be happy with a significant discount, somewhere along the lines of 29.99-39.99 for the season. As a Canadian, I can only imagine how many games will be blacked out because of TSN2 which I have to believe will carry at least 1 game per night.

tserberis*

Completely agree. On busy nights (Thursdays & Saturdays) their server would slow to a crawl. I'd be happy with a significant discount, somewhere along the lines of 29.99-39.99 for the season. As a Canadian, I can only imagine how many games will be blacked out because of TSN2 which I have to believe will carry at least 1 game per night.

Would be great!!!

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
I'm just saying they shouldn't act like their hookin it up. Like their given back or some shiz. I know they don't owe anybody anything but Bettman should pay for it just for being the little freak weirdo he is. I shouldn't be insultin' him tho. could turn into a conspiracy. If nobody hears from me again, you know what happened. save yourselves. As much as I'm complaining tho i'd tear that up. I watch NHL network like a mental patient. I've watched the blues, kings series like 8 times in the last 3 weeks.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
It's a fair promotion but it's a slap in the face for them to offer something free this year in exchange for full price next year and act like it's this awesome deal. They know they're taking a hit this year cause of the shortened season they're using this "gift" as a way to recoup what their going to lose next year.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I'm just saying they shouldn't act like their hookin it up. Like their given back or some shiz. I know they don't owe anybody anything but Bettman should pay for it just for being the little freak weirdo he is. I shouldn't be insultin' him tho. could turn into a conspiracy. If nobody hears from me again, you know what happened. save yourselves. As much as I'm complaining tho i'd tear that up. I watch NHL network like a mental patient. I've watched the blues, kings series like 8 times in the last 3 weeks.

trust me, if anyone signs up for the free Center ice yeah they will want you to auto renewal for next season.

but look at it this way, sign up get your free hockey then in late September / October call and cancel the NHL CI, if they give you a problems, say I'm canceling my account how about that. Trust me they will take it off right away, they won't risk losing a customer.

if you do choose to keep the NHL CI, you'll get the early bird price in too.

plus as a bonus with Comcast or Verizon or any that use indemand for mlb EI youll get that cause they use the same channels as NHL CI.

so its up to you, but trust me they won't force you into a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad