Possible for Crosby to make the U20 WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

target

Sep 10, 2002
nova scotia
Visit site
Tuomo Ruutu's Ego said:
:joker: Please don't generalize, I don't want to see this 16 year old flopping around out there in December. He has no place in this tournament, he wasn't even the top scorer at the U-18, why would team Canada be criticized for not taking Crosby if they lost? We all know that since he couldn't do dittle squad at the U-18, that he will impress at the U-20 if he is selected to go. Watch out, all the U-20 records are in jeopardy of being smashed with this kid around! :lol:
"Couldn't do dittle at the U18" Crosby was top scorer for Canada as a underage, and finished top 5 in the entire tourney. No place in the tourney... what are you talking about.having an opinion is one thing, but you opinions sound more personal than anything...Hmmm

Triple Klutz

Further to Canada's junior reps in the 1970s. They would send the Memorial Cup champion to the world juniors the year AFTER they won the Memorial Cup, so the best players from the championship team would usually have moved on to the NHL or minors. Also, the '78 team with Gretzky on it was the only true Canadian all-star team from that era. The national team program didn't begin until 1982.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Pwk said:
Crosby = Daigle
Bravo, you win the price for most useless post of the day. Here is your prize....

sport2.jpg

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego

reffree said:
you probably forgot who win the last gold medal game between the two... and probably forgot than if we exchange Fleury and Medvedev in goal Canada look out of place... I have the game on tape if you want to have an other chance to see it...you look to miss something

and hmm don't think I said Crosby was the best player in Canada...I say he is one of the top 12 forward... and YEAHHHH Fleury is right now a lot better than Crosby great affirmation... but I simply don't know how it affect Crosby presence in the team :dunno:

Canada's only chance was Fleury? Haha, right. Please lay off the pipe. Medvedev is no slouch, he is almost as good as Fleury in my opinion. Fleury might have stolen a game or two, but others came through big as well. It wasn't just Fleury and a bunch of no-namers.

And way to backpeddle. You said, in your broken english all be it, that Crosby is the best player in Canada. Not that he is one of the top 12 forwards. I was giving examples of players better than Crosby that will make the U-20 team. If you don't have a clue about the things you put in your posts, maybe its best you just don't post at all. You said Crosby was the best player in Canada, I said Fleury was better. I never said Fleury making the team would have an effect on Crosby making the team. :rolleyes:

Genghis Keon

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Tuomo Ruutu's Ego said:
And way to backpeddle. You said, in your broken english all be it, that Crosby is the best player in Canada. Not that he is one of the top 12 forwards. I was giving examples of players better than Crosby that will make the U-20 team. If you don't have a clue about the things you put in your posts, maybe its best you just don't post at all. You said Crosby was the best player in Canada, I said Fleury was better. I never said Fleury making the team would have an effect on Crosby making the team. :rolleyes:

Let's recap:

reffree said:
it's pretty simple, take the best player in the country and Crosby is one of those, that's it !

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego said:
But how do you know that Crosby is one of the best players in the country? You must be a professional scout or something, because the average fan wouldn't be stupid enough to claim someone was good enough without seeing all the competition he is up against. I can say I am the best player in Canada, doesn't make it true. You can say Crosby is the best player in Canada, that's just ridiculous. Staal, Horton, Fleury, Coburn, etc. - Crosby is better than all these players? Please tell me you were joking...

So reffree says that Crosby is one of the best players in Canada (his present stats are empirical evidence of his league dominance right now, and the scouting reports which describe his talent are appeals to authority that says his numbers aren't a fluke), and you twist his words into saying that he is the best player in Canada. Then, when reffree rightly said that he never called Crosby the best in Canada, you accuse him of backpeddling and say that he doesn't have a clue about things he puts into his posts. It appears that you don't have a clue what he's putting in his posts, or you feel you need to make strawmen to make your point.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Van said:
I would respect your opinion if you actually bothered to elaborate.

Since you didn't....

:lol:
Maybe my Kung-fu Skate Kick of Undeniable Death scared them away...for that I would apologize, but then again...maybe not.

Hitman*

Tuomo Ruutu's Ego said:
And way to backpeddle. You said, in your broken english all be it, that Crosby is the best player in Canada. Not that he is one of the top 12 forwards. I was giving examples of players better than Crosby that will make the U-20 team. If you don't have a clue about the things you put in your posts, maybe its best you just don't post at all. You said Crosby was the best player in Canada, I said Fleury was better. I never said Fleury making the team would have an effect on Crosby making the team.

You gave about 5 examples of players that are "locks" to make the team provided they don't make their NHL clubs or are released for the tournament. Are there only 5 players on the team now? Out of the 13 forwards that go, you think that Crosby isn't better than any of them? Is Jeremy Colliton better? Johnathon Filewich? Should we take role players (like last year), or the best players (like the drive for 5 days)?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pwk said:
Crosby = Daigle

spoken by someone who has never seen him play IMO. I have seen Daigle play many times as Ottawa played here before and of games I have seen in Ottawa, also I seen him play in the lock out year of the NHL and Digle played for Victoriaville for half that year and played two games here in Halifax. I have also seen Crosby play countless times and though Daigle had talent which you could see, his drive was not there or dedication on the ice, Crosby has more talent IMO and is very dedicated to being better and to being the best he can be. Your assumption is way off, seems like some people just don't like to give credit where it is due :dunno:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
canucksfan said:
I know that it isn't as bad as the early 90's but it is really bad right now.

The fact of the matter is in the 90's the RSL was so underfunded it almost went bankrupt. This equals poor player development and no WJC golds for a while.
Now the RSL is very economically stable to the point where some RSL players earn more than NHL players. Because of this, player development has improved and they've won 3 out of the last 5 WJC golds.

Pwk

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
slats432 said:
Bravo, you win the price for most useless post of the day. Here is your prize....

sport2.jpg

Ha ha... I'm just sick of the Crosby post. You would think he's the only prospect on this board some days. You would whipe his @ss if given the chance I bet.

BCCHL inactive

Pwk said:
Ha ha... I'm just sick of the Crosby post. You would think he's the only prospect on this board some days. You would whipe his @ss if given the chance I bet.

I swear sometimes that some people have no concept whatsoever of good taste.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pwk said:

so why not post about a different prospect yourself then, instead of reading into Crosby posts which seem to be bothering you???????????????? :dunno:

It is funny how some people think as Sidney is on track to possibly being one of the best prospects to come along since Mario Lemieux and you are sick of seeing his name on this PROSPECT post board?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad