Rumor: Possible Deal for Clarkson

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We'd still have to pick someone off Columbus's roster, I think Clarkson's ineligible for the draft because he's injured. I believe the deal would be: Clarkson+ 1st+Prospect + whomever Vegas picks in the expansion draft.

If we come out of Columbus with Milano, Korpisalo and a defenseman picked at 24, then that's a pretty good deal for just taking on Clarkson's contract.
Part of the deal would almost certainly be that Columbus dictates who Vegas picks (or doesn't pick).

So it'd be Clarkson + Milano + 1st for future considerations (Vegas takes Scott Harrington).

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
:( I'd rather we get Dustin Brown if we're thinking of taking on a big, long-term salary; at least that way we get a longtime captain with a ton of Stanley Cup experience and still hard-hitting, hard-working play and secondary scoring. With MAF in net, competing now seems to be the strategy. To take MAF and Clarkson would be to go in two different directions at once, hence nowhere fast!

Brown does bring leadership, no doubt about it. But he is basically a checking line centerman, kind of guy who can provide good locker room work ethic and presence but who comes with that overpaid contract.

I like the guy as a professional who works his butt off and all that too. Just have a hard time picturing him bumbling around and falling all over the ice for a "speed" team that Vegas is professing to be. The compensation package, if that happens, will be stout.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Brown does bring leadership, no doubt about it. But he is basically a checking line centerman, kind of guy who can provide good locker room work ethic and presence but who comes with that overpaid contract.
:facepalm: Guys! Stop the "overpaid" criticisms!!! This is an EXPANSION club without any threat of hitting the cap ceiling and with a billionaire owner who will gladly drop a few tens of millions here and there to ice a competitive team sooner rather than later.

A player that the Chicago Blackhawks should NOT acquire (due to salary considerations) might be great for Vegas to pick up (because money paid in the next few years means squat to the potential competitiveness).

The only downside to getting Dustin Brown is the loss of potential in selecting elsewise. Brown brings a lot of upside to the table and whatever downside considerations you see, salary shouldn't be one of them!!!!

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Liljegren fell to #16 on MacKenzie's list.

I think picking up a mid-first round pick for Clarkson would be worth it for this reason alone for Vegas.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Vegas would need to trade up 6-9 slots from 24, but they will have plenty of assets to get that done. Liljegren + top prospect would be a huge success after dropping 3 spots in the lottery.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Vegas would need to trade up 6-9 slots from 24, but they will have plenty of assets to get that done. Liljegren + top prospect would be a huge success after dropping 3 spots in the lottery.

Columbus's 1st is 24th, if they deal with them and Nashville (30th) we'd have 24, 30, and 34 to potentially move up. With how this draft is rated we could be missing out on a lot of steals if we move up, but if you like a guy like Liljegren it could be worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->