Possible cheap partial solution to defense

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Probably not much since it wouldn't be a cheap solution.

Gillis wants to get him signed to a 4.5m deal and he seems to want 6m, so he may end up walking and then we could get a chance at him without giving up anything for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong :

Vancouver needs a 3rd line C who could slot in the 2nd line C spot while Kesler is out and a player for the defense to replace the empty spot by edler, yes?

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Probably not much since it wouldn't be a cheap solution.

Gillis wants to get him signed to a 4.5m deal and he seems to want 6m, so he may end up walking and then we could get a chance at him without giving up anything for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong :

Vancouver needs a 3rd line C who could slot in the 2nd line C spot while Kesler is out and a player for the defense to replace the empty spot by edler, yes?

I'm thinking getting a youngish defenseman a part of a Luongo package. Then trading Edler for a young forward preferably someone who could take over from Kesler in a couple of years, when we trade him because I have a feeling he won't resign and will test UFA and take the most money possible. Edler is a stud though. I'd like to get him signed, but would rather not let him walk for nothing.

LEIFey

Context Matters!
Jun 28, 2007
Ann Arbor, MI
Well they probabyl aren't trading with us anyways so why not look to raise the price of him to have the Rangers in more cap hell

That could lead to some blowback. GMs generally don't make moves just to sabotage their rivals; unless we earnestly want to sign MDZ to a figure like that, I don't think Holmgren is going to make that move.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
As long as he's only playing until we're healthy I really don't care, but if foster is playing for an extended period of time, this team is in trouble.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think you guys are gonna like Foster much. He definitely brings some pros. He did improve our PP upon his arrival. when he arrived in December of last season I think we gave up more shorthanded goals while on the PP than we did while on the PK. I think we may have even scored more on the PK than we did on the PP at that time of the season. He wil bring some points, but many times he'd give it right back when play returns to even strength. We had a thread about how he needed to go on our board. There was one stretch where he was on the ice fo like 9 of 11even strength goals against or something like that.

Overall he'd be okay for a year, and we gave up two players that belonged in the AHL, that were getting NHL ice time, when we traded for him. So I don't regret trading for him initially at all. He's a liability defensively in his own end though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad