Positivity thread

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames are currently in 3rd place overall (19 pts) in league standings (bechind the Preds (22 pts) and Tampa (19 pts but have played 2 fewer games). The Flames are also tied for 1st place when it comes to Goals For at 52 goals.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Arcana

Oct 21, 2018
Calgary
c2a962002729880092df0c2c5f812123--pizza-recipes-good-ideas.jpg

Woohoo!!

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Sam Bennett is projecting to be Gary Roberts 2.0.
That will finally happen just as soon as Mark Jankowski becomes Joe Nieuwendyk 2.0 and one of Mikael Frolik, Garnet Hathaway, or Austin Czarnik become Hakan Loob 2.0.
Bank on it happening, it's just a matter of time.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Can not remember the last time I was excited about a California road trip

Anaheim is so unbelievably bad this year, I'm really hoping we completely stomp them in their own barn now that the curse is lifted.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Someone on CP made a post (which is apparently true 'cause someone else did the math) that said that if Smith got 5 consecutive shut outs with an average of 27 saves, he'd still only be the league average for SV %.

He is dead last for every goalie in the league right now in SV%. Only 6 goalies have a worse GAA, but most have half the amount of games played sans Jake Allen.

On a positive note, I am watching Canada's Worst Driver and I am still mind=blown at how bad some of these drivers are. Like Calgarians can't drive for shit at all, but f*** me sideways.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
I'm very pleased to see Hamonic rebound after a very meh season last year. I think he's fully justifying his trade value if this is his continued level of play.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
In positive news, San Jose and Vancouver lost tonight as well. No one wants this division, which is great for us. We're a part of that storyline, which is not great for us.

Also, I really liked what I saw from the Flames skaters tonight, for the most part. Silly mistakes gave them two goals, and poor composure at times wasted several great chances, but the systems were working well.

If this team can find a way to get more than 1 PP each game, they'll be fine.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
No, they will not be fine no matter what until they find a capable goalie.

No team is going to win allowing a couple free cheap goals every night

As for positive, Mike Smith is a step closer to lose his job so we can start finding a new goalie.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Not necessarily a bad thing for smith to struggle, means we won’t resign him and we get to see what we have with Rittich

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
In positive news, San Jose and Vancouver lost tonight as well. No one wants this division, which is great for us. We're a part of that storyline, which is not great for us.

Also, I really liked what I saw from the Flames skaters tonight, for the most part. Silly mistakes gave them two goals, and poor composure at times wasted several great chances, but the systems were working well.

If this team can find a way to get more than 1 PP each game, they'll be fine.

Pacific division is indeed shit this year.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I just hope we take Edmonton to OT. I'm not ready for McDavid and Kassian, because somehow this guy always scores on us

Gumbyman2

Sep 12, 2018
It's the drugs.
Spark 'em up, Doobey-doobey Doo man! Smoke-screened glasses and air and smiley-emogies bouncing in the brain cells since the 'Legalization Day' just might have a positive effect? Who knew?

It is supposed to be a positive thread man
+'vely spoken

The Calgary Flames are an abomination to the sport and should be ashamed of themselves.

Just send the team to Houston already, it's over.

6bb.gif
Happy, happy,happy...this is the part where i leave...happy. Bye-bye

I'm really impressed with Andersson lately. He has a great shot but he doesn't just fire it off with reckless abandon. Looks like everything he does is calculated, waiting for the screen or for the lane to open up. Incredible play yesterday to hold the line and set up that tying goal. He's making huge strides each and every night.
Yes, Andersson is truly ahead of Michael Stone now, imo. And with Valimaki,pretty solid for two rookie defensemen at NHL level!! Very +'ve signs on 'D' for sure. I like our 'Rasmus' for the Flames as much as Buffaloe's 'Rasmus's' for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Really like the collection of young players on the team. I think it's a good mix. Last year was a calamity. Never seen a team that gave up on itself so easily. The additions of Valimaki, Andersson, Lindholm, Hanifin, Czarnik have all been impressive in their own way. Tkachuk is turning it on. Bennett and Jankowski too :naughty:

Now if some of the older $$$$ could get it going this team should contend for the division.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad