Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
What a goal by Connor last night , i've watched the replay 4 times and i still don't know how he roofed that from so in tight to the goalie . And a glimmer of hope that Buff is coming back , man that would help the Jets big time .:nod:

Reactions: GNP

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Dance you freaks

upload_2019-3-23_20-45-29-gif.203997
I came to see the freaks dance because it's been a while .:naughty:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Its going to take this team a half season to get its bearings set. To much change, to much youth to expect this to go any different than it has.

If we can stick around the wild card spot for the first half, I think we can get it together in the second and make a run for a spot.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Hang around until Buff comes back and who knows? Buff doesn't come back and this is a great year to be drafting in the top 12 slots.

I zero pressure this season and so far have managed my expectations better. I heard a trusted poster make fun of celebrating lowered expectations and calling it the ultimate Winnipeg moment but honestly I don't agree. I think the challenge was getting my expectations way out of whack last season when we looked like a contender preseason. What are the odds of winning a cup for even the best teams, is it 17%? What was it for the Lightning last year coming off the mother of all seasons? Even the best teams kind of seem to have a 1 in 5 shot at best.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Hang around until Buff comes back and who knows? Buff doesn't come back and this is a great year to be drafting in the top 12 slots.

I zero pressure this season and so far have managed my expectations better. I heard a trusted poster make fun of celebrating lowered expectations and calling it the ultimate Winnipeg moment but honestly I don't agree. I think the challenge was getting my expectations way out of whack last season when we looked like a contender preseason. What are the odds of winning a cup for even the best teams, is it 17%? What was it for the Lightning last year coming off the mother of all seasons? Even the best teams kind of seem to have a 1 in 5 shot at best.

I also had very sky high expectations last season (as many did). Stressed about every loss etc. It makes you easy pickings for trolls and friends who fill like making digs at your team, and that isn't much fun. Also felt crushed after the playoffs.

I decided to temper them this year and it has been much more enjoyable and stress free. If we end up with a high draft pick, so be it that isn't a bad thing. I think if Buff does come back we can probably squeak into a wild card spot.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
first time in the 8 years i havent watched a full game .. been so busy and the team sucking makes watching the pvr's less enticing. just doesnt feel like theres a connection with this team so far this year where as other years i am always excited and felt like the team was all so likeable and had an identity of fast aggressive exciting hockey.

but im positive we can turn it around.. i hope

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
We have a team to watch. And although they irritate us sometimes, it still gives us something to watch.

Oh and I get to attend a belated Ukrainian Thanksgiving dinner tonight. So really everything is coming up Milhouse! :laugh:
Yeah for Milhouse! Is he still coaching?
Oops, sorry. That was Milbury, right. Never mind...Go Milhouse!

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
first time in the 8 years i havent watched a full game .. been so busy and the team sucking makes watching the pvr's less enticing. just doesnt feel like theres a connection with this team so far this year where as other years i am always excited and felt like the team was all so likeable and had an identity of fast aggressive exciting hockey.

but im positive we can turn it around.. i hope

Absolutely, positively, praying for a fantastic outcome this year, if we can turn things around, right?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny

So ultimately...Go Jets Go.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wow , had to go 3 pages back to find the positivity thread , 20 games in and we are in a playoff spot . :thumbu: If Buff comes back and our goaltending holds up i like our chances . Morrissey looks better , Pionk was no where near as bad as many said and Laine looks very good again . :nod:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Wow , had to go 3 pages back to find the positivity thread , 20 games in and we are in a playoff spot . :thumbu: If Buff comes back and our goaltending holds up i like our chances . Morrissey looks better , Pionk was no where near as bad as many said and Laine looks very good again . :nod:
Pionk hasn’t been bad is positivity? He’s been great!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad