Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
No kid announcements, but our house purchase has been finalized by the bank and now off into the hands of lawyers. I'm hoping we have money left for some ramen noodles and KD after all of the closing costs lol. Throwing off the landlords yoke and throwing on the banks ha

Last week I have barely had anytime for hockey...so much to do, so many phone calls and emails. Buying houses was so easy playing Monopoly.

But we are excited as hell. I can't wait to see our dogs be able to go off leash and run around in their backyard. They probably won't know what to do haha.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Some positive news is my new kids book is getting some good media coverage 'This is who I am and I'm fine with that': Kids' book featuring heroine with autism celebrates self-acceptance | CBC News and and I'm
headlining at Wee Johnnies November 9th in Winnipeg.
Oh yeah that and that the Jets have such fantastic players that I'm hopeful they'll make the playoffs.

This is great! I wasn't diagnosed being on the spectrum until I was 41 so I am glad there is education, resources and understanding for children now. It seems entire generations were "missed" when it came to lower end of the spectrum autism diagnoses, when I was a kid you were just looked at as weird/weak etc etc. I would have loved to have this book to read, it could feel very lonely feeling like no one else understood you.

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Congrats! Me and my GF are expecting our first one to arrive in January. She won't become a hockey player though, but my GF is strongly suspecting a footballer or gymnast based on the amount of somersaults and kicking. :D

Exciting times ahead!

Congrats! That huge!

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Last year after 14 games on November 6, the Jets had a 8-3-3 record for 19 points.
After 14 games this year they have a 8-5-1 record for 17 points.

The sky isn't falling...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two things I am expecting an uptick in are team shooting % especially at evens and Helly’s save % both of which I hope regress to the mean as we head towards Christmas. :crossfing

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Last year after 14 games on November 6, the Jets had a 8-3-3 record for 19 points.
After 14 games this year they have a 8-5-1 record for 17 points.

The sky isn't falling...
No but at this point last season people were intently focused on how our 3 OT loses proved we were the worst OT team in the league and the lost points would be our downfall. I've learned that no conditions exist where someone or some group won't be upset about something. IMO anyways there is so much parity in the league and so much in hockey can turn on puck luck and goaltending you just have to grind out a season trusting that having the talent will gradually turn the tide towards success. Then once you get into the playoffs it is a free for all where anything can happen. I do love the sport.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
I have a joke about cations.

Two atoms are walking down the street together.
The first atom suddenly stops, pats himself down, and says "damn, I lost an electron!"
The second atom says "oh, no! are you sure?"
The first atom says "yeah... I'm positive."

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets have moved up to T-9 in points% without playing this week. Tied with the Avs but holding the ROW advantage. Shows just how hard it is get points consistently in the NHL.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This week off keeps moving up the points % ranking. We have now moved into T-8th with the Caps with the better ROW. Now if we win a few of the games in hand we will have we will be nicely positioned come American Thanksgiving.
I'm sure we were in a Wildcard spot a few days ago and now we've moved up to 3rd in the division! :laugh:

It's amazing there are still 4 teams who've played fewer games than the Jets...

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have a joke about cations.

Two atoms are walking down the street together.
The first atom suddenly stops, pats himself down, and says "damn, I lost an electron!"
The second atom says "oh, no! are you sure?"
The first atom says "yeah... I'm positive."

Grooaannnn! :rolleyes: :laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Too funny the less the Jets play the better your points% looks in comparison to the rest of the league. After last night we are T-6th in P% with Washington and holding the ROW advantage.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Too funny the less the Jets play the better your points% looks in comparison to the rest of the league. After last night we are T-6th in P% with Washington and holding the ROW advantage.

Nice! Do nothing - get better results. Maybe I'll try this formula for success in my work life as well. Now if we win tonight, we move up to top 5.

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor
Windsor Community Center now has outdoor ice, thank you French Jesus that I live literally a stones throw away from Windsor that I can go for a skate this evening before my hockey game at the Highlander. Go Life! Go Skate! Go Jets!

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
No kid announcements, but our house purchase has been finalized by the bank and now off into the hands of lawyers. I'm hoping we have money left for some ramen noodles and KD after all of the closing costs lol. Throwing off the landlords yoke and throwing on the banks ha

Last week I have barely had anytime for hockey...so much to do, so many phone calls and emails. Buying houses was so easy playing Monopoly.

But we are excited as hell. I can't wait to see our dogs be able to go off leash and run around in their backyard. They probably won't know what to do haha.

Congrats man, my younger brother moves into his first home on Friday!

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

JohnStaymoose

Bring Back The Trough
Jul 2, 2016
Mordor

Congrats, my fiance and I bought our first (hopefully only) house just over a year ago in the Elm Park area. Best of luck with the new house!

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Jet's moving closer and closer to 1st place as the Preds lost again to the Coyotes tonight - it's a very tight race though.

1) Preds-- 13-5-2

2) Wild -- 12-5-2

3) Jets -- - 11--5-1

If the Jets win their next game against the Sabres, we'll be pretty close to a 3 way tie for first place. ( very closely bunched)

I also think we've proven we can beat the Wild, so I like our chances of finishing 1st or 2nd, if the early part of the season reflects what's to come.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
We just took 7 out of a possible 8 points in this homestand... and that's after coming back from Finland and not playing for an entire week! Love this team!!!

P.S. I can't decide whose jersey I'm getting next... #44 or #81... they are both soooo damn good!!!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
We just took 7 out of a possible 8 points in this homestand... and that's after coming back from Finland and not playing for an entire week! Love this team!!!

P.S. I can't decide whose jersey I'm getting next... #44 or #81... they are both soooo damn good!!!

Connor is lights out at present. He plays so hard on the puck.

Reactions: jefferoni

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb

funny you should say that. I just talked to my son in Vancouver and he is trying to decide between the same two players lol.

Reactions: jefferoni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad