positives from this year - any?

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
With all the negativity flying around, what are some things you've been impressed with this year?

Trouba - looked dynamite up until the injury. Thought he was going to get the norris.

Schiefele - looks a bit tentative yet, honestly don't think he's a great fit in noels system, but there's been moments where he has looked great. Chicago game.

Seto - Honestly, pretty impressed with him. Hasn't had a breakout yet, but i think it was the dallas game where he created at least three good chances for himself.

Little - Maybe our best player this year. Between him and Kane.

Penalty kill - sweet.

** ALSO PUMPED MONTOYA IS STARTING TONIGHT

#firenoel

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I was impressed with:

Trouba stepping up into a top 4 role as a rookie right off the bat.
Kane taking control of games.
Little playing very well (although being a little fortunate with his SH%)
Scheifele has shown moments of brilliance

Pretty much it.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Enstrom has played very well as well. I do see things here and there that are improving. Breakouts seem to be doing better, but not consistently. We finally have an actual scheme rather than chipping it along the boards.

In front of net play has improved too, we're lifting sticks and taking out bodies.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
I strayed from my diet for one day and enjoyed one of those monster chili dogs at the game I attended this year. It was goooooood goodie ! A positive for me.

The game itself sucked.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
2013 draft class is my favourite of the Jets.

Corey Pronman said the Jets prospect cupboards are the greatest it's been in organization history.

Enstrom-Byfuglien were able to out-chance just as well as historically norm for them when together even with the team doing it's worse in 3 years for that area.

Jets PK is 8th best in NHL for reducing chances and #1 for creating chances.

Jets goaltending is 21st in the NHL in close game situations is the best of Jets 2.0's short history.

Noel did not use Pav in both B2B times... although yes he did in one.

Enstrom, Little, and Frolik have scored at impressive rates for 5v5 situations relative to ice time.

Wright actually looked and performed a lot better on 4th line when moved into the centre position.

Jets depth has improved a tonne with the addition of free RFA's (Hallischuk, Samson, Ellerby, Hutch, Olki).

Jets' MSM have been very acceptive of talking hockey with guys like Tim (aka Truck) and I.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
2013 draft class is my favourite of the Jets.

Corey Pronman said the Jets prospect cupboards are the greatest it's been in organization history.

Enstrom-Byfuglien were able to out-chance just as well as historically norm for them when together even with the team doing it's worse in 3 years for that area.

Jets PK is 8th best in NHL for reducing chances and #1 for creating chances.

Jets goaltending is 21st in the NHL in close game situations is the best of Jets 2.0's short history.

Noel did not use Pav in both B2B times... although yes he did in one.

Enstrom, Little, and Frolik have scored at impressive rates for 5v5 situations relative to ice time.

Wright actually looked and performed a lot better on 4th line when moved into the centre position.

Jets depth has improved a tonne with the addition of free RFA's (Hallischuk, Samson, Ellerby, Hutch, Olki).

Jets' MSM have been very acceptive of talking hockey with guys like Tim (aka Truck) and I.

How [edit] do you get those type of stats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
One positive from this year is tickets. Glory hunters are looking for something else and tickets are generally easier to get a hold of. This is despite the wait list restriction for seat exchange tickets.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Positives:

Trouba looks like a keeper

Team looked overly stronger than the past few seasons (despite their current record).

Kane is playing more and talking / goofing around off the ice less.

Buff looks like a monster out there and is finally doing what he's paid to do now that he's 30lbs lighter.

Schiefele made a believer out of me, although the past few games he has been shaky, hope he breaks out of the slump as he has given up quite a few chances including a spoon feed against Chicago where he fanned on it.

Seto & Frolik are much better than those they replaced (Antro / Wellwood).

#firenoel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->