"Positive" thread

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So much negative stuff being posted on here lately that I decided to start a thread to discuss the positives of this team.
Mention something that you see as a positive-
Here goes-

Nathan Beaulieu is showing that he has huge NHL Potential from what I have seen the past 3 games. This bodes well for the upcoming off season decisions that await MB.

27 million in cap space and being able to bid adieu to several guys who need to go.

Tinordi and Payeryn are progressing nicely and could both be in the starting 6 come next season.

What other positives are there?

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
We're gonna win the next game boys and girls even if we lose more reason to fire therrien! Is this positive enough?

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
So much negative stuff being posted on here lately that I decided to start a thread to discuss the positives of this team.
Mention something that you see as a positive-
Here goes-

Nathan Beaulieu is showing that he has huge NHL Potential from what I have seen the past 3 games. This bodes well for the upcoming off season decisions that await MB.

27 million in cap space and being able to bid adieu to several guys who need to go.

Tinordi and Payeryn are progressing nicely and could both be in the starting 6 come next season.

What other positives are there?

You mean on the Habs? Because none of those things you listed are directly related to our season.

The ONLY positive is that were still in the playoffs and we all know that won't be the case for long, so it's really looking bleak.

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
VA
I really like the Pateryn, Tinordi and Beaulieu part. Fingers crossed!

I also like how Gallagher battles every night.

Price is solid despite a ****** team in front of him.

That's about it...

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
:laugh:

I remember the positive thread last time before we fired you know who.
I said in that tread...I'M POSITIVE WHERE DONE.
Turned out right....

I say it again...LOL

ad·ver·si·ty
adˈvərsitē/
noun
noun: adversity; plural noun: adversities

difficulties; misfortune.
"resilience in the face of adversity"
synonyms: misfortune, ill luck, bad luck, trouble, difficulty, hardship, distress, disaster, suffering, affliction, sorrow, misery, tribulation, woe, pain, trauma; More

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Price, Subban, Plec's. the end

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
-We are generating the economy by going to the SAQ more often
-We can't be relegated to the AHL
-We'll get to cheer for a team that cares, in the olympics
-At least we're not the Oilers

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Something positive?

We don't have smaller players than David Desharnais. It could be seriously worst ;)

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

We have a franchise C, D and G, now the only thing we need is a smart GM.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK
A positive?

The GM making all the players stay back to face the media after last night's game. This sends a message that some of the players have some growing up to do and that when things get tough you just can't blame the coach and duck the media. Many were on this team when they tuned out Martin, and then continued to dig their heels in against Cunneyworth. Bergevin is known to really promote a "stick together" culture in the room, and he is showing consistency with that right now.

Many players hate their coaches, but at the same time winning teams can set aside their personal gripes in order to achieve the team goal. You think Scotty Bowman was loved by his players? Dick Irvin? Ken Hitchcock? I am not suggesting Therrien merits Jack Adams consideration here, but to abandon the organizational plan so early in its execution will set this team back even further, and deeper into mediocrity. Bergevin needs time to mold this roster, and if Therrien needs to be a hard ass at times to deliver a message, so be it. Hiccups along the way will occur (coaching decisions, bad signings), but every team goes through this. Hitting reset every 2-3 years does not accomplish anything however.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad