Positive Developments

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Boston's 1,2, and 4 (Kelly) centers are set

do they let Soda go and go with cheaper Spooner and Koko? and retain Eriksson who is playing well and can play both wings and both special teams/

17-46-88
63-37-14

Smith-Spooner?-Eriksson
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

they save a couple million going with Spooner over Soda and can keep Loui another year- I'd take Loui over Soda all things, and Spooner will be cheap

They also have Talbot who can play both in case if injury.

If I put on my GM hat I would keep Loui over Soderberg but it would depend a lot on the cap and the cost of resigning Soderberg. Thing is Spooner would still undercut Soderberg by a significant amount.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Boston's 1,2, and 4 (Kelly) centers are set

do they let Soda go and go with cheaper Spooner and Koko? and retain Eriksson who is playing well and can play both wings and both special teams/

17-46-88
63-37-14

Smith-Spooner?-Eriksson
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

they save a couple million going with Spooner over Soda and can keep Loui another year- I'd take Loui over Soda all things, and Spooner will be cheap

To me, the team would be better served with Spooner as their 4th line centerman. He's young, speedy and will improve. Kelly has value so the Bruins should pull the trigger on him. But to me, our two biggest weaknesses are still there: Top scoring winger and a top 4 D-man. Unless Soda wants insane money, I would keep him around. Anyhow, we will have to "touch" the core regardless of what will happen with Kelly/Soda.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Depending on what happens this month, Chirelli might want to shop Krejci in the off season. This month will give him a very good look at a Bruins team without Krejci.

A package of Krecji and Eriksson should net a top flight goal scorer or top 2 defenseman.

It's a huge risk because Krecji is established and a top 6 player on any team in the league and Spooner is still unproven, but if Spooner produces as he has been it may be worth the gamble. 7 million is a lot of cap hit for Krecji.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad