Porter waived - Update: cleared

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
Surprised to see Cracknell up and Porter down.

The Blues chose to keep Cracknell, in part, because the club has a logjam of players at left wing, Porter’s best position. Cracknell is viewed as a more versatile center and right winger.

Good to know Porter cleared waivers and assigned to the Wolves, but so did everyone else who was waived around the NHL.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
The Blues chose to keep Cracknell, in part, because the club has a logjam of players at left wing, Porter’s best position. Cracknell is viewed as a more versatile center and right winger.

Good to know Porter cleared waivers and assigned to the Wolves, but so did everyone else who was waived around the NHL.

not here to correct anyone but I'm pretty sure Porter is the better center of those two and also centered the CPR line.

I think Hitch didn't like what he saw from Porter in camp. it doesn't seem that it was a hard decision to send him down and keep Cracknell.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
not here to correct anyone but I'm pretty sure Porter is the better center of those two and also centered the CPR line.

I think Hitch didn't like what he saw from Porter in camp. it doesn't seem that it was a hard decision to send him down and keep Cracknell.

Well, we THOUGHT Porter was the better center, but that contradicts the most recent set of quotes from Hitchcock (in terms of how he views Cracknell at this time). I guess we'll see, but I doubt Cracknell needs to play center anyway.

Rizzo90

Nov 10, 2011
Surprised to see Cracknell up and Porter down.
a few guys including J rutherford & louie K said it had more to do with Porter's contract being more than Cracknell's, Cracknell only 600k & more likely to be snatched up... a gamble & better scenario in keeping them both, which the teams wants to

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
a few guys including J rutherford & louie K said it had more to do with Porter's contract being more than Cracknell's, Cracknell only 600k & more likely to be snatched up... a gamble & better scenario in keeping them both, which the teams wants to

This is exactly right, and I doubt Porter goes the whole season without playing a game. he's gonna get an NHL shot one way or another. Injuries do happen.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
So, what happens with Porter now? He is still under contract with us and we still have to pay him per the contract he signed last Spring, right? Will he be playing for the Chicago AHL team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad