Boston Globe PORTER: Could the Bruins get Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in a trade involving Torey Krug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I wouldn't want to go to Edmonton either (no offense to posters who are from/live there)

I would. Getting a chance to play with McDavid.

Of course I'm as close as you can get too Canada, without actually being from Canada, but I am a long ways away from Alberta.:laugh:

Krug running that PP and being on the ice with McDavid he would be able too write his own contract after next yr.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don’t like to play the “let me pick a window to help my argument”.

When I say RNH scores less than Krejci I mean on average as in their yearly scoring history.

Who cares about average yearly scoring?

Both players are of vastly different ages, at vastly different stages of their development. I took last year and this year, a big enough sample size. What Krejci scored in 2011 or 2013 vs. what RNH did as a 18-19-20 year old at the same time isn't even relevant. Recent history is really all that matters when comparing two players.

Even if I went back one more year and included 2016-17 totals (both guys played 82 games), RNH has more goals than Krejci ( 52 to 44) and is just four points less than Krejci (124 to 120).

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Who cares about average yearly scoring?

Both players are of vastly different ages, at vastly different stages of their development. I took last year and this year, a big enough sample size. What Krejci scored in 2011 or 2013 vs. what RNH did as a 18-19-20 year old at the same time isn't even relevant. Recent history is really all that matters when comparing two players.

Even if I went back one more year and included 2016-17 totals (both guys played 82 games), RNH has more goals than Krejci ( 52 to 44) and is just four points less than Krejci (124 to 120).
Krejci scoring at age:
22 (73 points)
23 (52 points)
24 (62 points)
25 (62 points)
26 (33 points in 47 games)
27 (69 points)

RNH:
20 (56 points)
21 (56 points)
22 (34 points in 55 games)
23 (43 points)
24 (48 points)
25 (29 points in 31 games)

Not sure why you choose to ignore that Krejci has outscored Nugent Hopkins. Krejci has scored over 70 points, over 60 points (3x). While Nugent Hopkins best season was 56 points (twice).

My only point is Krejci gets bashed frequently around here, I’m guessing Nugent Hopkins would as well

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah he would probably be jacked to come back

I wouldn’t be jacked to have him back w his contract being what it is and him being a bad hockey player nowadays. Probably am not just speaking for myself either

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
This from 3 hours ago.

Milan Lucic had an assist Tuesday night, giving him two assists in 10 games since Hitchcock took over. The scoring isn’t there yet, but what the Oilers have done is fit him with a “heavy” role alongside
https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/kyle-brodziak/253323
[URL='https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/zack-kassian/504282'] The only option is to keep trying to find a way and he’s looked a lot more like his old self. I remember then-Chicago GM Dale Tallon saying about Brian Campbell (paraphrasing), “Stop thinking about the money. It’s done. Be the player you were to get it.” [/URL]
But it’s not always easy.
“You want to win, and you want to be relevant,” Lucic said Monday from Denver. “It is personal pride to sign a big contract and live up to it. I was upset when [Todd McLellan] was fired, because I let him down. I couldn’t be the player I really wanted to be for him.”
18. Before discussing his current role, let’s go back to the summer. Lucic wanted a new start, and asked to be traded. Has that changed?
“Yes, yes,” he answered. “I have embraced being in Edmonton and being an Oiler. I am here as long as they need me.”
The powerful winger met with a sports psychologist to change his attitude.
“We worked on changing my thought process. Stop living in the past. Stop thinking, ‘What if?’ Stop thinking so much about what happened in Boston. Yeah, it was great. But stop living in the past and trying to recreate the past. Focus on being part of a group trying to create something for the future.”

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
In 31 thoughts there were some on looch, saying he had asked for a trade after last season but after seeing a sports psychologist he reset his expectations and is happy to be an Oiler.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This from 3 hours ago.

Milan Lucic had an assist Tuesday night, giving him two assists in 10 games since Hitchcock took over. The scoring isn’t there yet, but what the Oilers have done is fit him with a “heavy” role alongside
The only option is to keep trying to find a way and he’s looked a lot more like his old self. I remember then-Chicago GM Dale Tallon saying about Brian Campbell (paraphrasing), “Stop thinking about the money. It’s done. Be the player you were to get it.”
But it’s not always easy.
“You want to win, and you want to be relevant,” Lucic said Monday from Denver. “It is personal pride to sign a big contract and live up to it. I was upset when [Todd McLellan] was fired, because I let him down. I couldn’t be the player I really wanted to be for him.”
18. Before discussing his current role, let’s go back to the summer. Lucic wanted a new start, and asked to be traded. Has that changed?
“Yes, yes,” he answered. “I have embraced being in Edmonton and being an Oiler. I am here as long as they need me.”
The powerful winger met with a sports psychologist to change his attitude.
“We worked on changing my thought process. Stop living in the past. Stop thinking, ‘What if?’ Stop thinking so much about what happened in Boston. Yeah, it was great. But stop living in the past and trying to recreate the past. Focus on being part of a group trying to create something for the future.”

So basically the opposite of asking for a trade, lol.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Well since we know this subject was pure speculation I think we are done and can go back to the proposal thread we have been working off of.

But again if anyone wants to post a rumor without a link be prepared to be restricted in further use unless you have been vetted by the site in advance.

Per the very rules you agreed to uphold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad