Boston Globe PORTER: Could the Bruins get Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in a trade involving Torey Krug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003

Leeeeeeee leeeeee leeeeeeeee leeee......with Krejci, Acciari and Kuralyyyyyy...

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I guess I can see the allure because he’s a big kid, and a former Top 5 pick, but I look at what he’s done over parts of the last three seasons (112 games, 15g/15a, -1), and it leaves me very very underwhelmed.

I keep seeing Yakupov 2.0 (only JP has done less).
Yak2.0 is definitely a concern, but I think you need to ignore the NHL numbers. That's part of what's wrong in Edmonton, they force teenagers into the NHL before they're ready.

I look at his 37 points in 53 AHL games as a teenager. That to me, is a good sign. Those numbers (.7ppg) are a little better than what Jake Debrusk did in the AHL and JDB was a year older/stronger. We look at Senyshyn as a guy who's turning the corner and starting to look like a top6 forward and he has 12 points in 25 AHL games at 21.

Not everybody who produces in the AHL ends up being a scorer in the NHL but I do think there's a stronger correlation between guys who can produce at 20 and 21 becoming NHL players.

If I acquired Puljujarvi he'd spend the whole year in the AHL to build his confidence back up and I'd look at him making a push for an NHL job at 21 or 22. That would put him on the same path as DeBrusk and even then JDB was an unusual case. Both Krejci and Marchand needed some time in the AHL at 21 before they were really ready to make an impact in a top6 role.

No denying the risk, but the B's are deep at LD and can afford to swing for the fences with one of those guys. Plus, I like how Sweeney develops kids and think his approach could help this kid reach his potential.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
RNH for Krug and a couple other pieces sounds great to me.

Commit to Gryz as the offensive LD. Get some center insurance behind aging DK and Bergy and have a 3 headed monster when all area healthy. And hes only 25 even though it seems like hes been around forever dude could take a big step forward and play like a #1 overall pick if he gets out of Edmonton.

I don't want any of their D men in return. I think Nurse kind of sucks and is overrated. Would like Lucic with a bunch of money retained because our team is soft. It sucks there is no way we can ship Backes out.

I hate friggen NMCs and NTCs its a joke the entire team has them.

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
Hmmm so we're signing Stempniak? I actually asked about him a few weeks ago. Even if his play has dropped off, which it probably hasn't much (last year he was injured), he is still of a much higher calibre than Acciari, Kuraly, and Wagner. It would have been a disservice to Stemp to string him along for so long without offering him a contract.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Debrusk and krug for a 50 point player!? Hahahahaha that’s a good one.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Porter is very good actually and I believe was on HF and this Bruins board awhile.

That said I like the creativity because that’s a component of deal and would likely be 3 for 3 players but Krug won’t waive I’m sure

Why would any Bruin that has been on the team for a few years waive? We give out NTCs to everyone and its their right to spend their entire career in Boston. For Edmonton LOLOLOLOL.

Trades are honestly great for players. They might not like them but look at Vegas last year that was essentially a team full of guys who had all just been traded. Krug on the PP with McDavid could propel himself into the 9m per range.

But its pretty much a certainty that he'll opt for another 16 months in MA vs the chance to play with McDavid and have his defensive shortcomings overlooked.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
In any case, Krug has a NTC.

Could a player be traded to one of the 8 teams on the list but what if that team trades him to the Oilers?

Or does the original NTC list survive and such trick cant happen

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’d rather see Backes with Krejci and DeBrusk. Krejci doesn’t need speedy wingers as he plays an east/west game.

Acquire Kassian to fill Backes role on 4th line.

Make a big push for Brayden Schenn.

Hopefully Heinen Bjork Senyshyn can bump Backes out of that spot soon

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Yak2.0 is definitely a concern, but I think you need to ignore the NHL numbers. That's part of what's wrong in Edmonton, they force teenagers into the NHL before they're ready.

I look at his 37 points in 53 AHL games as a teenager. That to me, is a good sign. Those numbers (.7ppg) are a little better than what Jake Debrusk did in the AHL and JDB was a year older/stronger. We look at Senyshyn as a guy who's turning the corner and starting to look like a top6 forward and he has 12 points in 25 AHL games at 21.

Not everybody who produces in the AHL ends up being a scorer in the NHL but I do think there's a stronger correlation between guys who can produce at 20 and 21 becoming NHL players.

If I acquired Puljujarvi he'd spend the whole year in the AHL to build his confidence back up and I'd look at him making a push for an NHL job at 21 or 22. That would put him on the same path as DeBrusk and even then JDB was an unusual case. Both Krejci and Marchand needed some time in the AHL at 21 before they were really ready to make an impact in a top6 role.

No denying the risk, but the B's are deep at LD and can afford to swing for the fences with one of those guys. Plus, I like how Sweeney develops kids and think his approach could help this kid reach his potential.

All good points.

I guess I would be willing to take a chance on JP if the cost was reasonable. My concern is that I believe he is only waiver exempt for another 48 games and this year? If that’s true, then you would have to send him down this year for the remainder of the season, and he would need to get a spot for sure next Fall.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t want to deal JDB, but for Krug and DeBrusk from a value standpoint, you are looking at RNH and Nurse (plus maybe something else) imo.

I wouldn't even do that, unless the something else was rather significant.

I wouldn't deal DeBrusk straight up for RNH. DeBrusk can put the puck in the net, RNH not so much. Its pretty close to a wash, all depends on what you want in a player, and Id much rather have what Jake brings too the table than RNH.

Nurse isn't any better than Krug defensively and he certainly cant come close too Krugs offense. Nurse is stronger and more physical but that's pretty much all he doe's better than Krug.

Value standpoint it would have to be Klefbom instead of Nurse.

Reactions: ORR2Sanderson2ORR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad