Pop up overload

Status
Not open for further replies.

moby

May 1, 2003
Westbank B.C.
Visit site
All though I am not a frequent poster. I am a very frequent user of this forum. I do click on banners and advertising for things that may interest me. I don't know what the answer is, but it really is getting unbearable all the pop ups. there has to be a better balance. having to click off 4 pop ups before scanning the forum is annoying. I admit to being not very tech savvy. Is there a way to limit the pop ups? Love the forum. Anyone else having an issue with this? Maybe just venting. Maybe just frustrated.:rant:

Gary Bettman Fan

vBookie extrodinaire
Jun 6, 2015
Using HFBoards on mobile is unbearable, and in fact has caused me to stop browsing this forum a lot less when on mobile... I can't count the amount of times I've tried closing an ad, but it still opens up... A lot of websites have ads, especially on mobile, but this website is just a bit much with one coming up literally every time you click on a forum/thread...

towelie power

Apr 26, 2007
Vancouver
All though I am not a frequent poster. I am a very frequent user of this forum. I do click on banners and advertising for things that may interest me. I don't know what the answer is, but it really is getting unbearable all the pop ups. there has to be a better balance. having to click off 4 pop ups before scanning the forum is annoying. I admit to being not very tech savvy. Is there a way to limit the pop ups? Love the forum. Anyone else having an issue with this? Maybe just venting. Maybe just frustrated.:rant:

Download ******* if you're on a laptop/PC. If you're on a smartphone, then you can do what I do and avoid this forum all together. Trying to close those pop-ups on a touch screen is enough to keep me away.

edit: didnt realize that certain pop-up blockers were censored around here.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
mobile is literally hell

abnormally large ads that cover the entire page and have an unclickable "X" icon

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
There's ad bl0ck browsers for mobile as well.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Using HFBoards on mobile is unbearable, and in fact has caused me to stop browsing this forum a lot less when on mobile... I can't count the amount of times I've tried closing an ad, but it still opens up... A lot of websites have ads, especially on mobile, but this website is just a bit much with one coming up literally every time you click on a forum/thread...

mobile is literally hell

abnormally large ads that cover the entire page and have an unclickable "X" icon

Same thing happens to me on my phone. I've given up using HFBoards on my phone altogether.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
You guys are doing something wrong. I browse here on PC and mobile and I don't recall ever getting a pop up.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Trick is to not use mobile mode at all. I only access this from my phone but I'm in full site mode. Works perfectly.

Anyways this is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad