Line Combos: Poor Morgan Reilly. A great player without a partner

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
you'd think the GM would know what type of dollars and term Muzzin will demand, if he walks the trades a fail, if he's signed to a bad contract in either/or dollars and term the trades a fail. Chances are the trade will favor LA when all is said and done, barring the Leafs making it out of the 1st round let alone winning anything else.

I fail to see how the Leafs failed in this trade. A non-lottery 1st and two B-prospects for 1.25 seasons and 2 playoff runs of a #2 d- man. This after back to back seasons of a 2nd and a depth prospect or two for a quarter season of a 4th line center. Market value would dictate the first plus at least one decent prospect even if Muzzin was a rental, so really the Leafs are getting his 2019-20 services for peanuts.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
I think everyone would agree that a bad trade is far worse than no trade at all. Short term, Muzzin helps, but the 1st and Grunstrum could end up being something they will regret trading long term if Muzzin is here for a cup of coffee or is resigned and fades fast like so many 30+ D men do.
If we beat Boston and were staring across at Carolina in the ECF right now it wouldnt look so bad. Hindsight is 20/20 but you gotta make the move to give us a chance. What would the score of our first round series be if we didnt have Muzzin?

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I would love to work out some trade for Larsson (Kappy?) and get another 2nd Pair RHD if we can get rid of Zaitsev (Gudas, Pysyk) And once Dermott is healthy run

Rielly - Larsson
Muzzin - Gudas/Pysyk
Dermott - Liljegren/Rosen
Liljegren/Rosen - Hainsey/FA

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
If we beat Boston and were staring across at Carolina in the ECF right now it wouldnt look so bad. Hindsight is 20/20 but you gotta make the move to give us a chance. What would the score of our first round series be if we didnt have Muzzin?
IF's and BUT's.................

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
A deal involving Kadri + ?? for RFA Trouba would be something worth offering.
That's an expensive solution capwise but if Trouba's coming to Toronto I'll package Kadri and Johnsson if it means a Rielly-Trouba top pairing.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That's an expensive solution capwise but if Trouba's coming to Toronto I'll package Kadri and Johnsson if it means a Rielly-Trouba top pairing.

Jets need a cap friendly #2C and Trouba might be too rich for them to resign having to deal with other RFAs.

Kadri at $4.5 mil and AJ at ~ $2.6 mil allows the Leafs to resign Trouba for $7-$7.5 mil and using him with Rielly in the top pairing.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Morgan is a top pairing D-man offensively but defensively he's a #4.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think everyone would agree that a bad trade is far worse than no trade at all. Short term, Muzzin helps, but the 1st and Grunstrum could end up being something they will regret trading long term if Muzzin is here for a cup of coffee or is resigned and fades fast like so many 30+ D men do.
Still for some Leafs fans there is nothing right they can do.

In 2018 some complained how Lamoriello did not trade their 1st round pick and some prospects to the Rangers for Ryan McDonagh.

In 2019 Dubas trades their 1st round pick, Grundstrom and Druzi to the Kings for Muzzin and some people think the trade was bad.

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
I fail to see how the Leafs failed in this trade. A non-lottery 1st and two B-prospects for 1.25 seasons and 2 playoff runs of a #2 d- man. This after back to back seasons of a 2nd and a depth prospect or two for a quarter season of a 4th line center. Market value would dictate the first plus at least one decent prospect even if Muzzin was a rental, so really the Leafs are getting his 2019-20 services for peanuts.

Dude it's hf b level prospects and a late1st>>>>>>>>28 year old stanly cup winning num2 D

Reactions: NHL WAR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->