GDT: Poop: Devils @ Predators, 8 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn’t nail Domingue on either of the first two goals, although I’m pretty sure a goalie will get hit with that deflection on goal 1 more times than you’d think. It just doesn’t hit the bad goalies as much as the good goalies.

Goals 3-5 were all poor. That tip on that dribbler through his legs was not a good goal at all.

This was yet another loss you can chalk up to weak goaltending. It wasn’t like either of the Buffalo blowouts or that Boston game Blackwood played a couple weeks ago. I’d say this game, the Arizona game and the Florida game were all games where you could blame goaltending for losing us and maybe we’ve lost points in a couple others as well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I’ve wanted him more than Domingue all along.

My guess is that Pittsburgh wanted to charge considerably more for him than what we paid for Domingue, which was basically free.

Especially since there's probably a division tax for someone they deem useful. This isn't quite taking Beau Bennett off their hands.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Domingue effectively coming in for Cory and taking his spot as the worst goaltender in the NHL.

At least 2 of those goals, if not 3 of them were weak.

Goal 5 was horrific.

And it wasn’t another 7-1 or 5-1 loss.

VERY winnable game sunk by a horrible goalie performance.
was the reason schneider was demoted the team had zero chance at winning w him in net. not sure that things are any diff. with domingue

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I didn’t nail Domingue on either of the first two goals, although I’m pretty sure a goalie will get hit with that deflection on goal 1 more times than you’d think. It just doesn’t hit the bad goalies as much as the good goalies.

Goals 3-5 were all poor. That tip on that dribbler through his legs was not a good goal at all.

This was yet another loss you can chalk up to weak goaltending. It wasn’t like either of the Buffalo blowouts or that Boston game Blackwood played a couple weeks ago. I’d say this game, the Arizona game and the Florida game were all games where you could blame goaltending for losing us and maybe we’ve lost points in a couple others as well.
The Toronto 7-6 loss?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Domingue effectively coming in for Cory and taking his spot as the worst goaltender in the NHL.

At least 2 of those goals, if not 3 of them were weak.

Goal 5 was horrific.

And it wasn’t another 7-1 or 5-1 loss.

VERY winnable game sunk by a horrible goalie performance.
Looks like him winning 14 in a row last year, 21-5 overall, and then not making Tampa's NHL squad this year was a warning sign.

Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You can "Lol" all you like, your "argument" only has 2 logical constructs:

1) Hughes should have been the Devils draft pick, but he should be in the AHL this season.

2) The Devils should have taken someone else #1.

There is no 3rd option.

So, which is it? And if it's #2, who should they have picked.

(((((((gets out the air-popper))))

They could've not started him the NHL this year too.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Another loss...how was Hughes? That’s all i honestly care about. Reports on twitter are positive and i see an assist last night

BulletTheBlueSky

Feb 25, 2009
Old Bridge, NJ
Either way you slice it THE DEFENSE is between the goals and us scoring goals. If all you did at this moment was overhaul the defense we would instantly be better. Bunch of pansies. Vats is the only one who even knows what to do with the puck at any given moment. Butcher is a little leaguer. Time to go! Greene is done. Tennyson is “learning”, Severson is lazy......it never ends

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Especially since there's probably a division tax for someone they deem useful. This isn't quite taking Beau Bennett off their hands.

We paid a 3rd rounder for Beau Bennett, wasn't exactly taking him off their hands. :laugh:

And DeSmith is in Wilkes-Barre, Jarry is their backup. We gave up a conditional 7th for Domingue, I'd happily give a higher, lesser round pick for DeSmith.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014

1d607eb1a0aff7dfbfd172d05e9a018e8b40a9537ac23002da6a20cd581d9f92.jpg

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Another loss...how was Hughes? That’s all i honestly care about. Reports on twitter are positive and i see an assist last night
He was meh but scored. The game before he was sensational but didn’t have any points. I was told his performance can only be evaluated by his point total though, so I’m confused.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Toronto 7-6 loss?
I was trying to think of that one and was like “Wait, have we even played Toronto yet this year?”. That was Tampa and how could I forget that one? That was the game that ultimately got Schneider waived, with the Edmonton game being the final nail. That was the biggest goalie loss of the year, where Schneider allowed 7 goals on 23 shots or something and quite a few weak short side weak ones and a game winner where he gave up a huge rebound on a routine shot and through himself way out of position and caused a scramble, before somehow recovering to be in position to make the save and still getting beaten short side yet again.
Looks like him winning 14 in a row last year, 21-5 overall, and then not making Tampa's NHL squad this year was a warning sign.
He won quite a few of those games because Tampa out scored his suck. Look at his game log from last year. He allowed 3 or more goals in 11 of his 21 wins. He’s the best example in recent years of why using goalie wins without context as evidence that a goalie is good is DUMB.

And I remember from my goal reviews last year that he was good for some of the most soft and leakiest goals. I know I gave him softy of the night quite a few times for some one that only appeared in 26 games.

Reactions: devilsblood

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Can’t we find some way to pry Casey DeSmith out of Pittsburgh right now?

I find it hard to believe he’s still their 3rd string goalie when he put up decent numbers the last two years. I feel like he’d be better than Domingue too.

Why would Pittsburgh trade is a goalie? They are perfectly happy if we languish in last place.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
We paid a 3rd rounder for Beau Bennett, wasn't exactly taking him off their hands. :laugh:

And DeSmith is in Wilkes-Barre, Jarry is their backup. We gave up a conditional 7th for Domingue, I'd happily give a higher, lesser round pick for DeSmith.

Shero could have avoided this by picking up DeSmith when he was waived and sending Blackwood to the AHL. Going into the season with no real third goaltender was a malpractice.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shero could have avoided this by picking up DeSmith when he was waived and sending Blackwood to the AHL. Going into the season with no real third goaltender was a malpractice.

Then people would be ripping him for demoting a guy who deserved to be on the NHL roster, for one guy that sucks with an immovable deal and another that probably would suck on this team too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->