WJC: [POOL] Statsy's WJC Pool

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I don't know how you did it BigPapaSmurff, but somehow you convinced Canada to go with Subban. Looks like that pick will pay off after all.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
By the way, I forgot how bad the IIHF is at getting the scoring plays right. For now I'll just enter things as they are on the scoresheet but I will go back and do point audits when they eventually (hopefully) correct things.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
By the way, I forgot how bad the IIHF is at getting the scoring plays right. For now I'll just enter things as they are on the scoresheet but I will go back and do point audits when they eventually (hopefully) correct things.

I sure hope so, the Nuge be stealing Riellys points! :cry:

BigPapaSmurff

Sep 9, 2012
Philadelphia
I don't know how you did it BigPapaSmurff, but somehow you convinced Canada to go with Subban. Looks like that pick will pay off after all.

Well, I didn't see the game, but 3 goals against Germany doesn't sound like a performance that assures future starts...

I'll take the two points though :handclap:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Kessly- I'm sure the IIHF will change this at some point. Hockey Canada lobbies to get scoring changes when they see them but the IIHF is a bureaucracy and it takes some time.

BigPapa- The issue here is that Spott has already come out and announced Subban as his guy. It also worked in his favour that Germany was the first game. The starter always gets the first game. If it had been Slovakia first and then Germany, we could've seen Subban followed by Binnington with the better effort getting the start for game 3. As it didn't shake out that way, I think you are safe, unless something really goes wrong over the next couple of games for the Subbanator.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
This is the pool after two full days. It's also posted on the front page.

Rank​
|
Team​
|
Goals​
|
Assists​
|
Wins​
|
Shutouts​
|
Pool Points​
1​
|perry2perry|
5​
|
7​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
2​
|Khabby|
2​
|
7​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
-​
|BigPapaSmurff|
1​
|
8​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
4​
|Statsy|
4​
|
4​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
5​
|BenDover|
2​
|
5​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
6​
|WeThreeKings|
3​
|
4​
|
0​
|
0​
|
|
7​
|nabby12|
4​
|
2​
|
0​
|
0​
|
|
8​
|Kessly Snipes|
1​
|
3​
|
0​
|
0​
|
|

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
:cry:

At least he played well and got the W, will hopefully be the #1.

So Lassinantti plays 65 minutes against the Swiss but gets lifted in favour of Lundstrom for the shootout...and Lundstrom gets credit for the win? That's just perverse!

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Here are the numbers after three full days of action.

Rank​
|
Team​
|
Goals​
|
Assists​
|
Win Pts​
|
SO Pts​
|
Pool Points​
1​
|perry2perry|
7​
|
10​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
2​
|BigPapaSmurff|
2​
|
11​
|
4​
|
0​
|
|
3​
|Statsy|
7​
|
7​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
-​
|nabby12|
7​
|
7​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
5​
|WeThreeKings|
5​
|
7​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
-​
|Khabby|
3​
|
9​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
7​
|Kessly Snipes|
3​
|
8​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
8​
|BenDover|
2​
|
6​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|

Now here's what each team picked up during today's games:

nabby12 - 10 pts
Kessly Snipes - 9 pts
WeThreeKings - 7 pts
perry2perry - 6 pts
BigPapaSmurff - 6 pts
Statsy - 6 pts
Khabby - 3 pts
BenDover - 1 pt

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
That's four days in the books.

Rank​
|
Team​
|
Goals​
|
Assists​
|
Win Pts​
|
SO Pts​
|
Pool Points​
1​
|Khabby|
5​
|
12​
|
4​
|
2​
|
|
2​
|perry2perry|
8​
|
11​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
3​
|nabby12|
7​
|
11​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
4​
|Kessly Snipes|
4​
|
9​
|
4​
|
0​
|
|
-​
|BigPapaSmurff|
2​
|
11​
|
4​
|
0​
|
|
6​
|Statsy|
7​
|
7​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
-​
|WeThreeKings|
6​
|
8​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|
8​
|BenDover|
3​
|
10​
|
2​
|
0​
|
|

Here's what each team picked up during today's games:

Khabby - 9 pts (Wow!)
BenDover - 5 pts
nabby12 - 4 pts
Kessly Snipes - 4 pts
perry2perry - 2 pts
WeThreeKings - 2 pts
BigPapaSmurff - 0 pts
Statsy - 0 pts

Last edited:

Khabby

Mar 3, 2007
Halifax
So Lassinantti plays 65 minutes against the Swiss but gets lifted in favour of Lundstrom for the shootout...and Lundstrom gets credit for the win? That's just perverse!

Haha, I got a good laugh about that one, Happens to Gibson for the shutout and now Lassinantti for the win

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
We should make a list of all the screw jobs people have gotten in this pool so far. Let's see...assists the IIHF missed, goalies switched during shutouts and shootouts, suspensions, injuries, team cuts after the start of the tournament, seemingly random benchings of top players...am I missing anything? It's sure making things interesting. :laugh:

For the record, P2P, I went back and looked at that goal and it was clearly Rakell on the faceoff pulling it straight back to Djuse. Lindholm may have done a fly-by, but he didn't touch the puck.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
We should make a list of all the screw jobs people have gotten in this pool so far. Let's see...assists the IIHF missed, goalies switched during shutouts and shootouts, suspensions, injuries, team cuts after the start of the tournament, seemingly random benchings of top players...am I missing anything? It's sure making things interesting. :laugh:

For the record, P2P, I went back and looked at that goal and it was clearly Rakell on the faceoff pulling it straight back to Djuse. Lindholm may have done a fly-by, but he didn't touch the puck.

My bad, the second goal against Latvia is what I meant.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
My bad, the second goal against Latvia is what I meant.
Hmmm...He took the draw. I really have no idea how he didn't get one on that goal. Even if the opposition player pushed it forward off the draw, it's pretty customary to give the center an assist on a faceoff goal. We'll have to keep an eye on that one too. We're still waiting on that missing Morgan Rielly assist from the first game. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad