Pontus Aberg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Just wanted to know;

1. Did we sing Pontus Aberg to a contract?

2. If so, when do you guys think we'll see him getting a taste at the NHL level. He seems interesting.

1.) He's under contract in Sweden until 2014-15. I don't know how all those things work but, I guess that's the situation there.

2.) 2015?

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
he's still really young. seeing how we rushed Smith and wilson, I think it will be a couple of years. the kid is suppose to have a wicked shot.

my guess is poile will be gone by the time Nashville sees him.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
We rushed Smith and Wilson? Guess I have a different opinion of rushed. We rushed Hartnell and Legwand. Smith was drafted in 09 and didn't play for 3 seasons. Wilson played another season in college and half a season with the Ads before, that's not really rushing to me.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
We rushed Smith and Wilson? Guess I have a different opinion of rushed. We rushed Hartnell and Legwand. Smith was drafted in 09 and didn't play for 3 seasons. Wilson played another season in college and half a season with the Ads before, that's not really rushing to me.

Agreed.
We haven't rushed a prospect in ages

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011

I thought wilson had never seen Milwaukee. still think he was a bit rushed. smith never saw Milwaukee and beyond that... after playing in the NHL, it would have been nice to let him get some time in the AHL but couldn't cause of waivers. he's obviously struggled for a while.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If they're in their 20s and played several years of college hockey I don't think that's rushed, in my mind anyway.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Isn't a bit too early to say whether or not either of Smith or Wilson were "rushed"? What if Wilson continues playing like he has, and improves? Does he go from "rushed" to "not rushed"? Is that even possible? Smith is in his second season. I don't think bringing up his lack of conditioning relative to the grueling schedule of the NHL compared to the NCAA is suddenly unreasonable.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
ya I watched a highlight video on Aberg last night and his moves and shot are so skilled and nice. He's gonna be a good player if we can get him up around 20-21

Reason I was wondering is because alot of teams are seeing early success from their rookies i.e) Montreal and Tampa Bay; Galchenyuk and gallagher and then Conacher. I just didn't know Aberg's age right now and just thought early on would of been a nice chance to test the waters.

Now knowing his contract situation and age I see why. I still think it'd be something to look ahead to. He seems like he could be a nice sniper for us. I like the pick.

Last edited:

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I personally believe neither was rushed. Wison dominated college and was near PPG in his half season with the Ads and Smith had a great WC's then dominated at prospect camp last year. Neither one might become the first liners we hope for but both will at least be good secondary offensive players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad