Pontus Ã…berg and Emil Lundberg

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by DJB, May 15, 2011.

1. DJB

DJB #MELNYKOUT

2. B Boarding

B Boarding Registered User

Pontus Ã…berg is one of the best skaters I've ever seen. He's got an effortless dynamic stride, with both amazing top speed and acceleration. Probably the best Swedish skater since MPS. Good shot and ok defensively. Maybe you could ask of him to get even more involved in the game, but usually his supreme skating takes him to the right positions on the ice without much effort, so that can make him look lazy even though isn't. I predict he goes late first in 2012. IMO it's a huge mistake that he didn't make the Swedish WJC-18 this April. All the scouts were shocked by him being left out.

3. cheerupmurray

cheerupmurray Registered User

Pontus Åberg is extremely skilled, a speedy sniper, with great hands. I think he has the skillset to be a amazing player. It's crazy he wasn't invited to the u-18 squad, especially since he played so good in Ivan Hlinka and have excellent chemistry with Mika Zibanejad. It's damn hard to make Djurgårdens senior team right now, since they have so many forwards signed, but if he takes steps in the right direction I think he could play in SEL and do really well next year.

Emil Lundberg is a nice player with a big frame that needs to work on his skating if he is going to be a really great prospect.

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  4. DJB

DJB #MELNYKOUT

Appreciate the comments! :)