Confirmed with Link: Pominville, 2014 4th to MIN for Matt Hackett, Johan Larsson, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
With Granlund/Zucker/Coyle F specs and Brodin and Dumba made Larsson expendable as well as Hackett well on our depth chart as Backs/Harding/Kuemper and then Gustaf coming in problemly next season, Hackett was moveable... Also i cant see us one of the 8 teams eliminated out of the 1st round i say we atleats are going to 2nd round as we could be playing sj/det/stl/nsh/edm/cbs the only team i think gives us a run is sj any other team we are good for second round so i say it will be about 23-26th overall so in other words kind of late 1st early 2nd... plus next yr i can see it being a late 2nd/early 3rd so Larsson, Hackett, 2nd, 3rd im kewl with... The only thing that is really a big miss is Larsson if that plus Zucker/Coyle is more developed then Larsson has. so with those 2 plus Granlund in the winds, Larsson wouldnt of saw any icetime till problemly middle of next season if that so we didnt really lose anything because the 1st/2nd who knows if it will be a key prospect or a bust... some picks in the past drafts have been a bust in the top 10 so its a few yrs away to see who actually won this trade

Karate Johnson*

With Granlund/Zucker/Coyle F specs and Brodin and Dumba made Larsson expendable as well as Hackett well on our depth chart as Backs/Harding/Kuemper and then Gustaf coming in problemly next season, Hackett was moveable... Also i cant see us one of the 8 teams eliminated out of the 1st round i say we atleats are going to 2nd round as we could be playing sj/det/stl/nsh/edm/cbs the only team i think gives us a run is sj any other team we are good for second round so i say it will be about 23-26th overall so in other words kind of late 1st early 2nd... plus next yr i can see it being a late 2nd/early 3rd so Larsson, Hackett, 2nd, 3rd im kewl with... The only thing that is really a big miss is Larsson if that plus Zucker/Coyle is more developed then Larsson has. so with those 2 plus Granlund in the winds, Larsson wouldnt of saw any icetime till problemly middle of next season if that so we didnt really lose anything because the 1st/2nd who knows if it will be a key prospect or a bust... some picks in the past drafts have been a bust in the top 10 so its a few yrs away to see who actually won this trade

So the 1st, in the 1st round of 30 picks, is actually a second?

AirBriere48

Oct 22, 2006

Haha, uh what? There is a difference between picking 23-26 and picking 31-34. Maybe not for the purposes of your argument, but certainly in the real world.

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
i say we atleats are going to 2nd round as we could be playing sj/det/stl/nsh/edm/cbs the only team i think gives us a run is sj any other team we are good for second round so i say it will be about 23-26th overall
Draft position doesn't change for teams that make the playoffs except for the Stanley Cup finalists and champions.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pierre McGuire said it wouldn't not surprise him if Johan Larsson became a captain down the line.

Well this kid is ruined now.

McGuire hyping some kid he loves?! You don't say.

I get the joke here, because nobody likes Pierre, but Larsson very well could be a future captain, or at least an A depending on who else you have in the system. I was sad to see him go. You've probably heard this before from us, but he does seem to be very Koivu-esque, though I'm not sure of his offensive potential. Could be anywhere from 40 points to 65 points depending on linemates, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
either way ur looking at like pick 24-25 atleast in round 1... It's too early to say if that 1st will be a bust or a project

Are we? If you want to go that route, it's too early to say we are "looking at like pick 24-25" when in reality we could be "looking at like pick 18-19" just as easily.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Are we? If you want to go that route, it's too early to say we are "looking at like pick 24-25" when in reality we could be "looking at like pick 18-19" just as easily.

This. I think the pick will be in the early 20s (20-22, but depending on how the rest of the season goes, it could end up being 17-19. Both of those are huge differences from 31-34.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm certainly hoping that pick will be #30. :naughty:

As a Wild fan, I think we overpayed for Pominville, but I don't care. We have plenty of chips (prospects/picks) in our stack and there is nothing wrong with cashing in some of them for a player like JP. The addition of Pominville makes the top line for the Wild one of the tops in the League, IMO.

I'll be following Larsson from afar hoping he turns into the player for the Sabres that many Minnesota fans were hoping he would turn into playing for the Wild.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
:facepalm:
That really, really sucks if true. I cannot believe Regier wouldn't take that :rant:

Regier can always revisit Staff for Burmistrov in the off season. For as much as we all hate Stafford, Burmistrov hasn't exactly done anything. If he did, you think the Jets would be so keen on trading him at 21?!

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
From Russo's blog - we are paying some of Pominville's salary this and next year? That's allowed?

-- I have confirmed the Buffalo Sabres is picking up part of Pominville's $5.5 million salary and $5.3 million cap hit this season and next. The Wild right now is a little more than $100,000 from the cap ceiling, which is why the Wild's got to be careful with its callups. If Buffalo wasn't picking up part of the salary, the Wild would be above the cap. Together with the webmaster of capgeek.com tonight, we went over numbers. He estimates that Buffalo must be picking up around $225,000 of Pominville's salary this year, which would translate to around $900,000 next year. The good news is in a daily cap world, you accrue cap space daily. If the Wild ever gets in a pickle though, I think the only way out of it would be to LTIR Josh Harding.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
This means that the Sabres can retain salary on only two more players next season because the CBA permits a team to retain salary on no more than three players in a season. Something to keep on mind if/when we shop Miller, Vanek, and/or Stafford.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->