NHL Entry Draft POLL: Would You Be Fine With Sanderson At 5?

Ok with Sanderson at 5?

• Total voters

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I also think that evaluating the “drafting record” also avoids the obvious other side of the coin which is player development.

Once a player is drafted, what are the odds that they become every day NHLers?

There are teams out there who have years and years of 1st rounders who never even end up as NHL professionals.

Is that bad drafting or bad development?

A player isn’t frozen in time the instant their name gets called on the podium.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Sanderson would be a great pick at #5 for an all around good 200' player who can play in all situations against any line in all three zones. The importance of a player like that on this defence would be enormous & IMO move the team closer towards being a very good playoff team. Ottawa doesn't need any more one dimensional players, they need good all around players who can play in all situations & can play in physical or speed games.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Not that decisions for the main roster should be made based on the farm, but I wonder if Dorion might give Brannstrom playing RD a second thought if we take Sanderson.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
It always amuses me how some fans can so confidently proclaim one player they’ve barely ever watched much better than another player they’ve barely ever watched.
I would have liked this post twice if I could have.

Senator Blutarsky

I'll take the NHL for $2,000 Alex
Apr 18, 2007
Ottawa
I'd pick Rossi and want forwards at 3 & 5, but if they pick Sanderson I'll believe instantly he was the best option at 5.
Drafting is the only thing I have blind faith in this organization to get (mostly) right.

OUTHOUSE

Feb 16, 2008
99 Rideau
It always amuses me how some fans can so confidently proclaim one player they’ve barely ever watched much better than another player they’ve barely ever watched.

I’ll have you know I watched a 7 minute Quinn video, and can confidently say that the Sens scouting staff is going to make a big mistake if they don’t draft him at 5.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

That's litterally what we all do as fans.

After 40 games in the season, we'll be talking about which 4th line forward is better, despite them playing 8 minutes a night. So after watching them play for ~3 hours we make entire threads with paragraph after paragraph of whose better.

So obviously a fan who's seen half an hour of video from a few different players will give their opinion about who they think is better.

At what point do you know what you're talking about? After seeing someone play for 30 mins? 3 hours? 30 hours?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I desire elite offensive talent, it's a huge organisational need. However, if they want to stabilise the backend for the next decade, I'm fine with it.

That said, us being terrible next year and apparently a strong D draft in 2021.. yeah. I think I prefer the offence for this draft.

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
the more i watch the kid the more i can say i will not be disappointed in the pick because i do see him becoming a solid NHL player, however i do think there are better options available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->