Speculation: Poll: Who would you Fire, if anyone

Who needs to go

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
All of them aside from JD, but none of them will be fired until next offseason.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Gas the whole gang.

JD has the ultimate responsibility. I don't know why anyone would want to keep that poseur around.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Torts for now. Take Jarmo’s keys away this offseason if he f***s up the trade deadline. JPM doesn’t have the balls to get rid of JD.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Just curious as to who some would suggest replace Jarmo. IMO he's in the top half of GM's in the league and plenty of other teams would take him over their current GM.

But forget about my opinion of Jarmo. Let's just say we're firing him for the sake of argument. I am entirely ignorant as to who would be a good candidate for a GM position. Does the Fire Jarmo crowd want to rule out a first-time GM? What are the other options? Some has-been that's still part of the Old Boys' Club that is most of the hockey world, which is to say, someone who is stuck in the past?

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub
Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I don't know, is it the amateur scouts? Is it the development staff? Is it the GM? The coaching staff (all of them)?

I'm probably going to vote with my wallet and feet. I went from going to 40 games per season for 10 years down to about 10 games per season and now about 4-5 per season. Next year maybe none. I don't find them entertaining any more.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Without seeing how the rest of this trade deadline pans out..

I went with all 3. And I still consider myself a huge fan of Torts himself, but his schemes just are not made for today's NHL.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I don't know, is it the amateur scouts? Is it the development staff? Is it the GM? The coaching staff (all of them)?

I'm probably going to vote with my wallet and feet. I went from going to 40 games per season for 10 years down to about 10 games per season and now about 4-5 per season. Next year maybe none. I don't find them entertaining any more.
A high energy team is infectious. If players don't look like they care it is hard for me to justify taking all the time and money to be there on game day. I feel cheated like if a concert artist just floats through a performance.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I don't know, is it the amateur scouts?
Yeah, i think these guys are ok to awerage, but that Pro-scouts group suuucks.
And this JM can't evaluate a pro player to save his life. 7 years to 28y.o Cam, 7 years to 30 y.o JJ. All these leftovers he brought in. He had 1 good move this season/offseason, thanks to Hawks capspace problems.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I need clarification before I can answer this question - although right now I'm on board for the Amalric-ian "Kill (Fire) em all and let God sort em out."

The team was better last year. Most of the season, even when it wasn't as successful, the players looked like they understood what they were doing and played in concert.

Offseason Brandon Saad is moved for Artemi Panarin.

This year the team looks totally out of sorts. But Panarin, supremely skilled, seems to be the only piece on offense that's working.

Conclusion, Panarin is great and rest of team sucks, must get rid of as much of rest of team as possible and remake team in Panarin's image.

Can someone explain this to me? If you've been paying attention, I'm pretty open minded, or at least willing to be convinced. I'll admit that the notion that Panarin being great shakes doesn't do it for me in this on-the-road-to-being-wasted season. But if we can allow for a moment that the above narrative is true, then why has that become the case? Why is a group of guys who played so well together last year now such a hot mess?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Also Hartnell, Cagner and Karllsson, as a result there is no 4rth line. And this team wasn't good since the streak. Did you miss 7 loss in a row?

I allowed that the team last year wasn't always successful. You did read that part, right?

So you're saying that the loss of those three players from last year's team is why this year's team is so poor?

Also, could you elaborate on why the loss of those players means the rest of the team can't seem to complete a pass, carry the puck into the zone or miss the goalie's chest with a shot?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I allowed that the team last year wasn't always successful. You did read that part, right?

So you're saying that the loss of those three players from last year's team is why this year's team is so poor?
Well yeah, don't you think? What was the main strength last season? To roll all 4 lines, that way we compensated our lack of talent. This year 4rth line barely see the ice, and Josh Anderson a typical 3rd liner is playing 1st line minutes. Also PP. From 30% to 11% since streak.

And you're suggesting that Panarin is the problem? That post reads like it.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Well yeah, don't you think? What was the main strength last season? To roll all 4 lines, that way we compensated our lack of talent. This year 4rth line barely see the ice, and Josh Anderson a typical 3rd liner is playing 1st line minutes. Also PP. From 30% to 11% since streak.

And you're suggesting that Panarin is the problem? That post reads like it.

Matt Calvert saw time on the fourth line last year. Lukas Sedlak centered it most of the season. They're still here, reprising those roles as often as not.

Panarin is arguably the team's MVP this year. I just want to know why it's worse with him this year than it was without him last.

And I'll reiterate my edit-added question from above about why those players being removed from the lineup suddenly means that the rest of the roster no longer appears to know how to make or receive a pass?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I’m holding off on voting Jarmo for now, until after the deadline because I’m confident that he is going to make a bold move out of left field, always seems to. Whether that move is beneficial or not, we’ll see. But I solely voted for Torts. He lost the lockerroom all the way back in January. He continues to lose it more and more after every game, which quite frankly, I’m not sure how that’s even possible but he’s managing to do it.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Panarin is arguably the team's MVP this year. I just want to know why it's worse with him this year than it was without him last.
Problem is, it wasn't working last year either! After PP was exposed and streak ended they went for 13-11-1 in January+February. Then in March Bob went into a god mode, he had 4 SO and 3 games with 1 goal allowed and they had 10-3-0. Then they dropped 7 in a row.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I’m holding off on voting Jarmo for now, until after the deadline because I’m confident that he is going to make a bold move out of left field, always seems to.
And if he doesn't do any move?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad