(Poll) Who is "Untouchable" for the 2018 TDL and Offseason?

Select which players you would NOT trade this TDL or offseason (assuming fair market value):

• Total voters

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Who would you NOT trade this year (TDL and offseason)?

Assume a reasonable/fair return. If there's someone you would rather not trade but would let go if the Capitals received a ridiculously unfair and unlikely return then that person is considered "untouchable" because nobody is going to pay your price.

(select all that apply)

Ovechkin
Eller
Wilson

That’s it, and that’s all. I grew up watching the Poile teams, and he traded everyone...so I’ve learned not to get too attached to any one player.

Ovechkin is a different story, as I am attached to him. We all should be.

Eller and Wilson are 2 of our best players, and they are possession monsters and what I see as glue. I don’t see us getting better by trading them, period.

Man Machine

Jan 6, 2018
Agree on 8 and 43.
One is the player of a generation and it should be an honor to have him retire as a Caps player.
While there are a lot of better players than Wilson, he is a great profile and a fan favorite.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm the lone "other prospect" voter. The Fair Market Value for goalie prospects is low, so it makes no sense to trade Samsonov.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Backstrom (We need a true 1C to win)
Djoos (Good young d-man, I also don't think his value is likely anywhere near his actual worth at this point)
Eller (In my opinion is the team MVP this season after Ovechkin)
Holtby (We know what he's capable of, we just need to see it)
Kuzy (See Holtby description)
Niskanen (A great vet presence to have at the blue line)
Orlov (Really coming into his own)
Ovechkin (Probably don't need to explain)
Stephenson (Again I think our best bet moving forward is staying with the youth and i love what I've seen)
Vrana (I really believe Vrana has the ability to be Kuznetsov lite, poor guy just can't get a freaking opportunity to work out his slump. He's got the yips)
Wilson (I just think Tom Wilson will likely never return what he's worth in trade value.)

I'm actually really on the fence about Grubauer, I understand he's likely our biggest trade chip moving forward but the Holtby struggles makes me think twice. Also I just have a feeling Grubauer could go straight Halak/Fleury on another team if we had to make the call in the playoffs.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
bWSMufO.jpg

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
May not be too early to start looking at this again. 2 games into the playoffs, I wonder if any minds have changed...

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Nobody.

Ovechkin will never be traded unless he wants it himself. I wouldn't stop him if that was the case.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->