Player Discussion: Poll - Which Young Jet Will Surprise and Show Most Improvement This Season ?

Poll-Which Young Jet Will Surprise This Year and Show Most Improvement ??

• Vesalainen

• Niku

• Stanley

• Lemieux

• Petan

• Appleton

• Roslovic

• Dano

Results are only viewable after voting.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
The Jets have a wealth of young talent, and everyone has their favorites. One or 2 of these young guys listed in the poll will likely really surprise and really come into his own, and be a future star for the Jets.

For myself, I think it will be Roslovic, as he looked very impressive to close last season, and was also great in the playoffs. I think he'll get around 50 points,or more, this upcoming season, and I get the feeling he's ready to explode on to the scene. I would not be surprised to see him take over the #2 center position. It seems like Roslovic can do it all- great skater, fast, good playmaker, and can also score goals. He can do it all.

Which of the young Jets do you think will really turn heads and surprise this year ??

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I think a few of the above, we expect or have seen what each is capable of such as Niku, Appleton, VESA and Roslo. So I am crossing them off the list of who will show the biggest improvement. I think the biggest surprise will be Stanley. I think he is going to have a pretty steep learning curve for the first month or so, but I think paired with the right partner, he will surprise a lot and come into his own in the second half of the season. Not earth shattering numbers by any means but he will learn to adapt to the speed of the game and develop a solid, consistent game.

Reactions: GNP

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
If it’s “surprise” I think it will be Lemieux.
I expect Roslovic to have a great year but I wouldn’t be surprised by it.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I say Stanley as well, have really liked what I’ve seen from him. My goodness that reach. But Lemieux and Vesalainen can also surprise if they make the team.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The Jets have a wealth of young talent, and everyone has their favorites. One or 2 of these young guys listed in the poll will likely really surprise and really come into his own, and be a future star for the Jets.

For myself, I think it will be Roslovic, as he looked very impressive to close last season, and was also great in the playoffs. I think he'll get around 50 points,or more, this upcoming season, and I get the feeling he's ready to explode on to the scene. I would not be surprised to see him take over the #2 center position. It seems like Roslovic can do it all- great skater, fast, good playmaker, and can also score goals. He can do it all.

Which of the young Jets do you think will really turn heads and surprise this year ??

:laugh: There's 2 different questions here. Roslovic will show the most improvement .... surprising almost no one. Dano will step up quite well, surprising most.

Reactions: Jet and GNP

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I did go with Stanley. If he stays on his skates and gets couple of OK NHL games under his belt, he will surprise and improve most.

I expect Roslovic to have a huge season, so while he will be maybe the best by far of these guys, that's not surprise. Also he was already so good last season that his improvement would be proportionally smaller than that of Stanley.

Reactions: GNP and Ibanezrokr

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I voted Stanley. His improvement from last year's preseason game really impressed me already, so if he keeps that trajectory, he's a shoo-in for most improved

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Lemmy took a big step forward last year, and I think this could be his breakout season. I expect him to be over a PPG player on the Moose, show improved discipline and play quite a few games for the Jets.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Weird question, someone surprising me vs who I think will have a great year are really two different things. The question can be broken down 3 ways
1. Which young player will surprise a lot of people
2. Which young player would it be a surprise if he did.
3. Which young player is going to improve the most this year.

My answers are,
1. Dano
2. Petan
3. Roslo

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Roslovic should have a good season. 40-50 points would be solid.

I'll bet either Dano or Lemieux gets a spot out of camp and holds it. That'll be the surprise since I think a lot of people have written off both of them.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have to agree with the majority, here. I don't think you can really answer the question as is.

Of the people who could suprise, I don't think they will (Lemieux, Petan, Dano). I think you get what you have seen with those guys.

If Niku, Roslo or Vesy perform well I think it will be great, but not a surprise

Reactions: Halberdier

Ares

May 8, 2018
I've been most impressed with Roslovic. He's going to have a breakthrough season this year hopefully playing center. Seems like a good kid too.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I did go with Stanley. If he stays on his skates and gets couple of OK NHL games under his belt, he will surprise and improve most.

I expect Roslovic to have a huge season, so while he will be maybe the best by far of these guys, that's not surprise. Also he was already so good last season that his improvement would be proportionally smaller than that of Stanley.

I guess some posters think these are 2 separate questions, that being, who will surprise, and who will improve the most.

For instance everyone thinks Roslovic will improve a lot -- but "won't be surprised." If Roslo racked up 70 -75 points- everyone would agree, he was the "most improved", and they will be "surprised" if he could rack up that many points.( he wins on both counts)

I think Roslovic will score around 50-55 points, and will definitely be greatly improved, and if he scored 70 points plus, I'd be very happy and surprised.

Reactions: Jets4Life

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Do not mean to nitpick, but Surprise and Most Improved should be two separate entities.

For surprise, I would have to go with Stanley. I'm an optimist, so I expect him to continue on his upward tragectory.

For most improved, I would guess Roslovic. I think this kid is going to turn heads by January.

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
It would be Lemieux for me, only because I get the impression most are down on him. Keeping a fulltime roster spot with the Jets would be a surprise for me.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Roslovic

We know he is going to be good.

How quickly.

Hoping it start game 1

Edit:

Runner up Laine

50 goals point a game player.
Faster and more experience.