Poll: What was favorite goal of the playoffs?

What series had your favorite goal from the playoffs?

• Total voters

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I just rewatched this game and I think this deserves most underrated important goal. Everyone shrugs off that Sharks series but before we put half their team in the medical ward this series was not looking great.

Blown out in game 1, but they did come out in game 2 with some fight to get a quick goal and then played a pretty even game after it but got another to go up 2-0. Then they made some horrible give aways and in a couple of minutes it was 2-2 and Pietro was -5 in as many periods. Getting the lead back there was crucial especially with hindsight of how game 3 played out.

This team wasn't going to wilt, they were out to break their opponent or get broken and unlike the Sharks, we came back from a loss with an extra gear. The minute the Sharks played that "Hand Goal" s-it was when we started sending their boys to the ER. I HATE the Sharks with a deep passion and I enjoyed every minute of that series. Every. Damn. Minute.

To play the Bruins and avenge a Finals loss almost 50 years ago (that created the most famous and storied image in hockey) ON BRUINS ICE no less, is sweet music to my ears.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
This team wasn't going to wilt, they were out to break their opponent or get broken and unlike the Sharks, we came back from a loss with an extra gear. The minute the Sharks played that "Hand Goal" s-it was when we started sending their boys to the ER. I HATE the Sharks with a deep passion and I enjoyed every minute of that series. Every. Damn. Minute.

To play the Bruins and avenge a Finals loss almost 50 years ago (that created the most famous and storied image in hockey) ON BRUINS ICE no less, is sweet music to my ears.

I’m with you on the hate for San Jose lol

Reactions: GoldenSeal

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
It is very hard to pick a favorite but one that sticks out in my memory was Schenner on the PP against the Sharks in Game 6 when it was still a 2-1 game. Schenn had been doing everything right and not getting rewarded but when he scored that goal and snapped his stick and half over his knee you could just see the weight of the world come off his shoulders.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
First off, gut reaction is to vote for the cup clinching goal for 3 reasons: First, it was the cup clinching goal, enough said. Second, it lead to the dirty rat's crying face being plastered everywhere on the internet, I can't stand Marchand's antics at all. Finally, I'm a BC resident and have been for most of my life, though I don't cheer for the Canucks, seeing the destruction wrought after the 2011 loss on the city of Vancouver was pretty disappointing. I don't hang the riots around Boston's neck, Vancouver did that to themselves - but Boston is tainted by association in my mind and god damn did it ever feel nice to watch Boston suffer a near mirror image of that playoff series with home ice advantage.

But...

That game 7 vs Dallas is easily the closest to being eliminated we were at any point in the playoffs. Ignoring many of the clutch saves Binnington pulled off - I'm going to focus on the fact that despite us dominating most of regulation, Dallas pushed us HARD in the 1OT. That Benn wrap around (one of the few criticisms I can offer objectively on Binny is his post to post movements, specifically leaving him vulnerable to wrap arounds through the playoffs) was way too close for comfort.

In the forum here, there was a poll of what would consist of a successful season - I can't seem to dig it up, but I seem to remember that the general consensus was that if we made the WCF, we'd lived up to the 2018-19 pre-season expectations. So this goal, prior to the run itself was the goalpost for expectations. Everyone dared to dream, and man what a ride everything after was - but this goal and the story along with it (primarily Maroon) was unimaginable.

I mean, there's arguably some additional bias from me - Thomas is one of my favourite Blues. Seeing his role in getting the game to this pivotal sequence and his role in this play probably heightens the significance for me.

Reactions: Blueston

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Every series had a goal that I knew the series was over. Those 4 all hold special sentiment, but seeing Brent Burns look like he can’t skate from a steen check will be something I’ll remember forever

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->