Poll: Thoughts on Ron Francis

Thoughts on Ron Francis

• Total voters

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Eric Staal. The true 1C we have had since Weight, Bindy, and Francis.

#neverforget

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Aho also will be eligible to sign a contract on July 1st, and I bet his deal gets done before any of the others.

Aho: $6x6
Hanifin: $5x7
Lindy: $5x4
TVR: $2.5x3

I don't want to give Lindy or Hanifin that kind of money. I wouldn't be bent out of shape if either or both of them were on the block this summer to bring us a big scorer or a No. 1 goalie.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
No no, BD58 said he was a 1C for us, so it must be true.

No he was a 1C but played on our 3rd line due to having Staal and Brindy. Weight was the ultimate set up man and a threat every time he touched the puck and set up behind the net.

If a guy who put up 104 and 90 point seasons along with multiple 70 point seasons. If that's not a 1C even a cheap mans 1C then I simply don't know what is.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No he was a 1C but played on our 3rd line due to having Staal and Brindy. Weight was the ultimate set up man and a threat every time he touched the puck and set up behind the net.

The 1C / ultimate set-up man who 4G, 9A in 23 games after he was acquired? Doug Weight, had 57 points between St. Louis and Carolina that year. Staal had 102, Brindy had 70. Weight, was not a 1C playing on our 3rd line no matter how much you try to say it. He was a veteran presence who was good on our 3rd line.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
The 1C / ultimate set-up man who 4G, 9A in 23 games after he was acquired? Doug Weight, had 57 points between St. Louis and Carolina that year. Staal had 102, Brindy had 70. Weight, was not a 1C playing on our 3rd line no matter how much you try to say it. He was a veteran presence who was good on our 3rd line.

Nope he was still a 1C at that time and would have eben the clear cut 1C here at this point in time. You do realize that more decides if someone is a 1C other than playing on the 3rd line? That's right up there with someone saying Skinner is only a 3rd liner because he plays on the 3rd line.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Nope he was still a 1C at that time and would have eben the clear cut 1C here at this point in time. You do realize that more decides if someone is a 1C other than playing on the 3rd line? That's right up there with someone saying Skinner is only a 3rd liner because he plays on the 3rd line.

Nope. 57 points vs. Staal having 100 and Brindy 70. Yeah, sure BD58. Weight's 57 points was good for 39th in the NHL that year among centers. 2nd line center at best. Try again BD58.

Plus, you said Staal was the true 1C "Since" Weight. He was more of a 1C when Weight was here. Try again.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Nope. 57 points vs. Staal having 100 and Brindy 70. Yeah, sure BD58. Weight's 57 points was good for 39th in the NHL that year among centers. 2nd line center at best. Try again BD58.

Plus, you said Staal was the true 1C "Since" Weight. He was more of a 1C when Weight was here. Try again.

More like the last group of legit top line centers we last had were Staal, Brindy, and Weight. I do not want to get into a debate with some a dude who claims Weight was not a 1C because he played on the 3rd line. 39 in points for centers that year ad an argument is laughable . Many considered Weight to be the 1C for years on the blues and quite frankly he was. Because he was the 1C there. That makes him a 1C. I rest my case.

*drops mic.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
The logic that a player must be a 1C because that's what they were considered before they were traded.

Weight only played (and produced) like a 3C for us, so for us, he was a 3C. Thus, comparing Staal's ability as a 1C for us to Weight's (for us) is faulty logic.

I'm not. I simply stated Weight was a 1C. Which clearly he was.

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
What constitutes a 1C...you can look at skill/ability, you can look at usage, you can look at production, you can look at league reputation...across the board Weight was a 1c. JT would pass none of those tests as a 1C. There's no comparison. JT Miller was the 5th forward in TOI for NYR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad