(POLL RESET) Who WILL be the Sabres next coach?

Who WILL be the Sabres next coach?

• Total voters

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
We have a pretty good idea of who should be the Sabres next coach, but I think the more important, unanswered, question is who will be the Sabres next coach.

As a fanbase, we readily predicted the Sabres passing on Sergachev for Nylander because Murray didn't like Russians; the Mittelstadt pick, and Cozens over Zegras, but coaching hires have been more miss than hit.

I think the job belongs to Nate Leaman and his glorious zero NHL coaching experience. He'll be next up to drive the franchise to new lows over the next two years, before he too is fired, while collecting a couple million dollars for not coaching over the remainder of his contract.

I'm curious to find out what others think

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I went with someone not listed. I think it could be someone like Steve Ott who wasn't listed and doesn't fit neatly into any of the buckets.

Mike Peca is a guy that could be an off the board hire, as well. He is a former Sabres captain and was a respected coach in the Jr Sabres program while Adams was there.

On Leaman, I found an interesting tie between Adams and Leaman. Former Miami head coach Rico Blasi played with Adams at Miami. Blasi is currently the associate athletic director for men's & women's hockey at Providence.

Another interesting bucket would be all the coaches like Blasi, Peca, Chris Bergeron (Miami head coach), George Gwozdecky (former D1 head coach and TBL asst coach), Jay Pandolfo (Bruins asst coach), or anyone else that has a prior track record with Adams.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Chad D said that Karmanos would probably be AGM and Buffalo contacted Boudreau.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I want BB.
But since the question who they will hire I would say its either a dead dinosaur or a complete nobody

sabremike

Dr. K Forever!!!
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I went with someone not listed. I think it could be someone like Steve Ott who wasn't listed and doesn't fit neatly into any of the buckets.

Mike Peca is a guy that could be an off the board hire, as well. He is a former Sabres captain and was a respected coach in the Jr Sabres program while Adams was there.

On Leaman, I found an interesting tie between Adams and Leaman. Former Miami head coach Rico Blasi played with Adams at Miami. Blasi is currently the associate athletic director for men's & women's hockey at Providence.

Another interesting bucket would be all the coaches like Blasi, Peca, Chris Bergeron (Miami head coach), George Gwozdecky (former D1 head coach and TBL asst coach), Jay Pandolfo (Bruins asst coach), or anyone else that has a prior track record with Adams.
FB_IMG_1611203127865.jpg

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

member 329811

Sabretooth... all this circus needs is an act with tamed lions chasing clowns in clown cars on ice.

Reactions: sabremike

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Denpok, Gavin Belsom's phony spiritual guru on the show Silicon Valley.

A greedy liar manipulating a gullible egotistical billionaire.

mqdefault.jpg

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Where did Chad say they have contacted Boudreau? I haven't seen him tweet that out.
A couple things from Expected Buffalo’s most recent podcast. (1) Chad D has heard that the hiring of Jason Karmanos is almost certainly a question of when, not if. (2) The Sabres have contacted Bruce Boudreau. Chad was careful to stress that he knows nothing beyond that (when? why?) just that they have contacted him semi-recently.

MillerTime

Apr 27, 2003
Halifax
A couple things from Expected Buffalo’s most recent podcast. (1) Chad D has heard that the hiring of Jason Karmanos is almost certainly a question of when, not if. (2) The Sabres have contacted Bruce Boudreau. Chad was careful to stress that he knows nothing beyond that (when? why?) just that they have contacted him semi-recently.

Awesome thanks! I haven't listened to his podcast before.

jputt99

Nov 24, 2016
Charlotte NC
I'm hoping that this year , the Pegulas allow their GM to hire an experienced head coach . GMKA has already shown that he's willing to buck the conventional trend when he picked Quinn over Rossi and Perfetti . Hopefully , as an NHL veteran player he recognizes the value of a veteran HC to teach these young players how to play .

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Well it's Boudreau for me. Only cause Matt Freaking Ellis wasn't listed amongst the candidates in the poll.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Reactions: MillerTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->