Poll of the Day: Why Do We Suck?

What are the major reasons this season has gone off the rails?

• Total voters

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
...and who say's the Coyotes don't develop players? Many who leave, excel!

Anyway, "moving to the Central Division" wasn't a poll choice, but it's obviously the issue...Yotes are 7-2 since the news.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Yandle is KILLING it the last two seasons.

Yep only 7 years after a season in which everyone presumed he would go for 60+ or even 70+ points every year and be a consistent top 5 Norris finisher.

But I digress - good for him and his PP scoring is key.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I don't see any buttons to vote, not on Firefox nor on Chrome. Do I have to disable Adblock etc to see them?

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Re: Richardson and lap dancing.

IIRC.... Ritchie had a couple of offers from other teams but they were only for one year. Yotes were willing to offer him two and he didn’t have to move.

Sometimes it’s just as simple as that.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't see any buttons to vote, not on Firefox nor on Chrome. Do I have to disable Adblock etc to see them?

You aren't a "veteran" poster yet and thus cannot vote.
45 days past join date you get the buttons, ability to change username, some other stuff.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
How sad is it that were the only team that doesnt have a player over 8 goals. The Kings have one at 9 goals but thats the only team thats as close to sad as we are. Ugh. Does it matter who plays goal when whomever it is must pitch a shutout every night. Thats not a recipe for success.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
How sad is it that were the only team that doesnt have a player over 8 goals. The Kings have one at 9 goals but thats the only team thats as close to sad as we are. Ugh. Does it matter who plays goal when whomever it is must pitch a shutout every night. Thats not a recipe for success.
10 goals for Brad Richardson now, we have a break through:)

Reactions: Jakey53

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I'm genuinely surprised players underperforming is ranking higher than the GM failing to assemble a playoff team.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I'm genuinely surprised players underperforming is ranking higher than the GM failing to assemble a playoff team.

Me too. The injuries have hurt :o, but even 100% healthy this team was on the bubble. GM takes some blame, but also need to give him more $$$ to play with.

Reactions: Jakey53

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Me too. The injuries have hurt :o, but even 100% healthy this team was on the bubble. GM takes some blame, but also need to give him more $$$ to play with.
Its the chicken and the egg...

The scouting over the past 8 years for 1st rounders has been terrible...
Strome , Perlini, Domi, Sammuelson, Murphy, Gormley Visentin

For scouting you need money.... To get players... you need money....

So I get why people are saying that underperforming players is the issue... But Did anyone think stepan was going to get 70 points this year?

Top end talent is a major issue... theres a lot of middle six players on the team.

Reactions: Heldig

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Hard to win when half of your forwards are First or second year players.

I’m not a Tocchet fan though as coach. He’s very mediocre and not the developer of youth that I think we need.

Our drafting has been abysmal for a decade. We need to hit a home run at some point.
I was curious, so I went to look. You are right. The drafting has been beyond poor. However, it's hard to hit a home run without completely sucking and winning the lottery. What's been missing is getting solid contributors in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The pro scouting doesn't seem to being the team any favors either.

Dirty Old Man

Anti-chatter Engine
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
since the 3 playoff appearances of 10-12, our chance of missing *all* the lotteries were about 31%. so, bad luck, yes, but not crazy bad.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I've gotten used to, and grown to enjoy, Coyotes fans debating why the team is bad on this forum. It's much less enjoyable when a Leafs fan and Bruins fan chime in to the debate. Kind of like how venting about your family to your partner feels good, but then when the partner vents about your family it feels like shit.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I was curious, so I went to look. You are right. The drafting has been beyond poor. However, it's hard to hit a home run without completely sucking and winning the lottery. What's been missing is getting solid contributors in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The pro scouting doesn't seem to being the team any favors either.
We had a skeleton scouting dept. up to the sale from the NHL. I don't think there is any one reason, rather a combination of reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->