Poll: Jori Lehtera

Should Jori Lehtera have a roster spot on the Flyers this season?

• Total voters

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How did he end up with this contract? During his best season (2014-2015) he had 44 pts and since then he's gone down each year by at least 10 pts.

latest

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I really wanted to gather the numbers to be honest - since this is a topic we go round and round on. Curious to see if there is some silent group out there who is apathetic to Lehtera playing

We do have a clever troll vote by @SoundAndFury That helps normalize the validity of the poll, it's a free and honest election of sorts. The fly in the ointment that proves the set-up wasn't sterile, but organic.

Reactions: Rebels57

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
We do have a clever troll vote by @SoundAndFury That helps normalize the validity of the poll, it's a free and honest election of sorts. The fly in the ointment that proves the set-up wasn't sterile, but organic.

Hey now - I didn't put anything suggestive in the original post. I asked a straight forward poll and shared his numbers exactly how they are displayed on nhl.com - I really did want to get the most honest results.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The question should be:

"Is Jori Lehtera the worst player in Flyers history?"

A. Yes
B. No, R.J. Umberger existed.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
The question should be:

"Is Jori Lehtera the worst player in Flyers history?"

A. Yes
B. No, R.J. Umberger existed.

Was trying to offer up an unbiased poll to get some sort of measurable results.

Also C. Hextall brought back of them to this team while they were on the severe decline (though idk how decent Lehtera ever was)

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Back when the Flyers were the Stanley Cup winners they had a player who was nearly as bad as Lehtera and Umberger, his name was Tom Bladen. Flyers fans used to chant "GET BLADEN OFF THE ICE!"

Haven't been to a game since the Pens game where all fans have a mutual enemy - does Lehtera get boo'd at games? Anyone know? I know Hak was getting heckled for a little while there, is that still the case as well?

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Haven't been to a game since the Pens game where all fans have a mutual enemy - does Lehtera get boo'd at games? Anyone know? I know Hak was getting heckled for a little while there, is that still the case as well?
I never hear a damned thing from the fans. They mostly chant the football chant, or they boo the refs. I stream the games, so my reception may not be as clear as it is in the building, but I don't know why players like Lehtera and Manning aren't booed loudly each time they step on the ice.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
I never hear a damned thing from the fans. They mostly chant the football chant, or they boo the refs. I stream the games, so my reception may not be as clear as it is in the building, but I don't know why players like Lehtera and Manning aren't booed loudly each time they step on the ice.

Gone are the Pitkanen days, haha!

Last game I went to, I boo'd at MacDonald several times

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
If Barzal battled Jori along the boards instead of in open ice, young Barzal would’ve been no match for the All-Star.
I doubt there’s anyone good enough in the NHL to handle Jori along the boards. His advanced statistics there are off the charts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad