Poll - How much more hockey will there be this season?

How much more hockey will there be this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
regardless how long it takes they'll crown a cup winner , there's too much money at stake to cancel the season

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I just hope doesn't over react if 1 or 2 guys test positive, if it gets shut down make sure it NEEDS to be shut down 1 or 2 guys shouldn't shut it down because if that's all it takes you may as well shut it down because that's going to happen.

If it gets shut down there need to be NO other option

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
They seem pretty focused on finishing this season, no matter when that ends up happening. I would have thought it made sense just to hope that next season could be played in full, from it's regular start, but that doesn't seem to be their plans. Even if there are delays, it seems probable that they'll finish out this season, even if that means it stretches out into 2021.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
They seem pretty focused on finishing this season, no matter when that ends up happening. I would have thought it made sense just to hope that next season could be played in full, from it's regular start, but that doesn't seem to be their plans. Even if there are delays, it seems probable that they'll finish out this season, even if that means it stretches out into 2021.

Yikes, that's a scary thought. Starting the playoffs, then stopping and starting them up again dragging into next year would be very bush league is my first reaction. Really hope that doesn't happen.

Also, wasn't quite what I had in mind when i made the poll, I was thinking more like they are able to continue without stopping. Then again, what you suggest is by no means impossible so ... just goes to show how unpredictable and messy this situation is.

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
Although I'm a die hard Leaf fan, some how I'm just not as interested and feel the results will feel tainted with everything that is going on these days.

Looking more forward to a full, and normal season with everyone fully healthy, players and fans alike :thumbu:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If a hub was in the states it would not be able to finish. They are going to be safer than we are going out for a few groceries or work or beer :)
Tested every day,confined to the bubble, they have their own rooms. They are less at risk than a average person thats for sure.

Reactions: xxOCZMSxx

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Although I'm a die hard Leaf fan, some how I'm just not as interested and feel the results will feel tainted with everything that is going on these days.

Looking more forward to a full, and normal season with everyone fully healthy, players and fans alike :thumbu:
That will be a re LEAF

Reactions: Alamo Leafer

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If they get to stage 4 they will be fine, stage 3 is the worry, where they are not in a bubble, and can go about doing things like everyone else.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This is something I've been thinking about for some time. I think it's a very tough prediction to make so i was curious as to what others think. I've never done a poll before so hopefully this works ...
Great poll question. I had same thoughts too. I think IF teams can make it to HUBS and test out ok then NHL will finish this playoffs and award cup. But it is a BIG if. Hockey players will respect bubble. Other sports I am not sure but hockey players will.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I think if they get into the bubble stage then they carry on. Well short of the absolute worst case scenario with a player dying in which case they'd shut the whole thing down. But if they actually intend to not allow players at serious risk to play then they should be able to avoid that horrible scenario.

If they are going to be as crazy careful as it seems then I think we're fine for having this play out. Either things go really bad during the training camp stages and they can't get to the bubble. Or they get into the bubble and ride through a handful of positive tests on the way to a championship being awarded. Going to lean to the latter for the time being.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This is something I've been thinking about for some time. I think it's a very tough prediction to make so i was curious as to what others think. I've never done a poll before so hopefully this works ...
These are some legitimate concerns from Williams.
Carolina Hurricanes' Justin Williams fearful of positive tests once play begins - TSN.ca

What happens if a few players on a team (or your team) come down with the virus during any given round?

It’s mid July. Is it really worth it instead of waiting until October to start anew.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
These are some legitimate concerns from Williams.
Carolina Hurricanes' Justin Williams fearful of positive tests once play begins - TSN.ca

What happens if a few players on a team (or your team) come down with the virus during any given round?

It’s mid July. Is it really worth it instead of waiting until October to start anew.

Good questions. Here's another - what if we wait until October and the situation then isn't that much different than what it is today?

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Good questions. Here's another - what if we wait until October and the situation then isn't that much different than what it is today?

I guess The difference is that would be playing for the Cup vs unable to start the season for a few weeks if everything goes wrong. The stakes at this time. game 5 of a season, or game 5 of a playoff final.

The disappointment could be greater in a playoff format than regular season.

Either way, it’s their choice. As long as they keep people safe.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I went with option #3.

I still think the league should have scrapped the season at the end of May. But since they are hell bent on finishing this season, they'll get it going after coming this far. Not confident whatsoever though that they'll get through 2.5 months of this unscathed. All it will take is one positive test during Phase 4 to potentially cause an outbreak, which could become too much. Heck, I think if a few teams have to shut down facilities in Phase 3 due to positive tests they should push things back, but like I said, the league is hell bent at this point it's full steam ahead, everything be damned.

(Don't even get me started on the impact of play in teams playing shorthanded if tests come back positive in Phase 3...)

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

You can deal with it better then. I'd rather see teams have players missing early regular season games than Stanley Cup playoff games. I think the counter argument that it's just like a player catching a flu or getting injured is complete bunk.

More questions from me: 1. What makes this season so special that it has to be finished? (yeah yeah...money...blah blah; not like the league hasn't fulfilled a full season obligation before :rolleyes:); 2. As a result, why screw up the next 3/4/5 seasons and push them back into July and August just to finish a disjointed season that will see a winner announced 7 months after the fact?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I went with option #3.

I still think the league should have scrapped the season at the end of May. But since they are hell bent on finishing this season, they'll get it going after coming this far. Not confident whatsoever though that they'll get through 2.5 months of this unscathed. All it will take is one positive test during Phase 4 to potentially cause an outbreak, which could become too much. Heck, I think if a few teams have to shut down facilities in Phase 3 due to positive tests they should push things back, but like I said, the league is hell bent at this point it's full steam ahead, everything be damned.

(Don't even get me started on the impact of play in teams playing shorthanded if tests come back positive in Phase 3...)

But how far do you push it back? and no "as far as you have to." is not a valid answer because that could be years and we can't shut down until 2023 that's not realistic

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You can deal with it better then. I'd rather see teams have players missing early regular season games than Stanley Cup playoff games. I think the counter argument that it's just like a player catching a flu or getting injured is complete bunk.

More questions from me: 1. What makes this season so special that it has to be finished? (yeah yeah...money...blah blah; not like the league hasn't fulfilled a full season obligation before :rolleyes:); 2. As a result, why screw up the next 3/4/5 seasons and push them back into July and August just to finish a disjointed season that will see a winner announced 7 months after the fact?

Because of money blah blah
Next season is likely worse than this season for HRR if limited fans, this will be bad for 3-4 seasons before the players catch up, that’s why the cba was extended, to spread the pain over several years .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad