OT: Poll: How many $ for a full season of Canes TV Broadcasts?

How much would you pay for full season of Canes TV Broadcasts?

• Total voters

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The thing is if teams were able to control their media rights, they could do the same thing they do with season tickets. Offer packages, offer tiers with add ons like exclusive merchandise or exclusive discounts on parking, concessions, apparel to subscribers who go to games as well. Offer off-season coverage, interviewing players, following them, create a series. Do SOMETHING to provide value. Teams and the league as a whole COULD still find a way to make a shit ton of money without selling regional cable TV rights but they're just lazy and afraid to experiment.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The thing is if teams were able to control their media rights, they could do the same thing they do with season tickets. Offer packages, offer tiers with add ons like exclusive merchandise or exclusive discounts on parking, concessions, apparel to subscribers who go to games as well. Offer off-season coverage, interviewing players, following them, create a series. Do SOMETHING to provide value. Teams and the league as a whole COULD still find a way to make a shit ton of money without selling regional cable TV rights but they're just lazy and afraid to experiment.
I wouldn't do this my self and as a whole I think web cams are pretty boring ( I sell and install CCTV and security for the last 24 years) but 8magine coming home from work, logging into your Canes stream account and opening up the gum cam and getting a live feed of video and sound in the Canes team gym?

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'd pay around $100, so I picked the $100-$149 tier. I'm with all of those that suggested packaging streaming rights w/STMs. Not exclusively, but as a potential add on for season ticket holders. I'd be surprised if most didn't take the team up on it.

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
I wouldn't do this my self and as a whole I think web cams are pretty boring ( I sell and install CCTV and security for the last 24 years) but 8magine coming home from work, logging into your Canes stream account and opening up the gum cam and getting a live feed of video and sound in the Canes team gym?
If that happens get ready to have some players cancelled

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I think I pay $20/mo now for Bally Sports. I was finding streams for a couple years after it got axed on YTTV (which still pisses me off), but got tired of the hassle. I honestly think $20/mo is entirely fair especially for diehards like everyone reading this.

Btw, while I'm being old and sick of it, waiting until Saturday February damn 11th for the next game is outrageous. If you all want to cancel something call Karen at the NHL scheduling office 1-800-DAM-YOUS.

Last edited:

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I mean the Canes are a huge part of my identity. If a TV provider wanted to be a butt head, they could probably charge me a couple thousand dollars each season and I’m still buying in. But would love a sour taste in my mouth.
I don't know if I'd say a huge part of my identity but I get a ton of enjoyment out of watching the Canes especially with them being this good, so I agree if it really came down to it I'd have no problem spending a few grand a year. $5-10/hr for entertainment is not a bad rate at all. If the Canes sucked like the Hornets or Panthers I may not be as invested but especially these last several years I try to catch as many games as I can every year. Cost isn't a big concern to me, I honestly don't even know what I pay for ESPN+ and I only use it to watch the Canes, occasionally other NHL games but nothing else

Reactions: LostInaLostWorld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad