Poll: Drouin's Performance at Center next Season

If Drouin plays center next season, Will he..

• Total voters

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Drouin is the new DesHarnais

Nouveau ChouChou
524E4B87-9F6D-4053-ACCA-1126C85FEA84.jpeg

51B0E3AA-BD31-451A-9FAB-0DE9567F2773.jpeg

Sergachev has #1 D-man potential
Drouin has 2nd line LW potential

Horrible trade, but Bergevin wanted a French winger with hattitude.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Nouveau ChouChou
View attachment 134135
View attachment 134137

He kinda has the same kinda face as DD too.

Pretty sure Michou would've dorloté JD like he did DD.

Although, don't know if you've heard but DD is one of the rare ex-habs who've criticized the Grindosaur.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
DD and Briere are two of the rare players to come out against MT

DD : "« C'était la façon de fonctionner de Michel. Si tu connaissais un match ordinaire, il ne te rencontrait pas lors de l'entraînement suivant pour clarifier les choses ou pour te donner des outils afin d'améliorer ton jeu [...] Pierre Gervais venait te chercher deux heures avant le match [pour t'amener voir Therrien]. Puis là, il te rentrait dedans! Tu te faisais remettre tes erreurs dans la gorge et tu te faisais ramasser juste avant le match. Ensuite, tu commençais ton match en étant frustré, fâché, sans être concentré sur la tâche à accomplir."

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Nouveau ChouChou
View attachment 134135
View attachment 134137

He's also the new target of anti-francophone prejudice.

Why not, hey?

Not surprising, really. We've gone through Bouillon, Therrien, Desharnais as targets and ferociously moved on to Bergevin.

Drouin is a higher profile player, so why not as a higher profile target.

I'm disappointed that we lost Sergachev because he was MY choice at that draft for a #9 pick. I think Bergevin shot himself in the foot when he failed to re-sign Radulov, personally. His continued inability, that off-season, to add a top-6 C also didn't help. With Radulov and a top-6 C in the lineup, Drouin' addition to the roster would have produced better offensive results, mostly because the youngster would have been in a more appropriate seat as he continued to progress at the NHL level.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He kinda has the same kinda face as DD too.

Pretty sure Michou would've dorloté JD like he did DD.

Although, don't know if you've heard but DD is one of the rare ex-habs who've criticized the Grindosaur.
Even DesHarnais could see that it wasn’t fair to the other Centers lol. But seriously how can anyone defend Therrien’s abuse of some of the players.. Just look at the video of him yelling at Subban, it’s craziness! I can’t think that a good guy like DesHarnais would put ut with that kind of stuff.

Reactions: Peanut

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Even DesHarnais could see that it wasn’t fair to the other Centers lol. But seriously how can anyone defend Therrien’s abuse of some of the players.. Just look at the video of him yelling at Subban, it’s craziness! I can’t think that a good guy like DesHarnais would put ut with that kind of stuff.

It's probably why Therrien always used DD. Because whenever he'd yell at DD, he would take it, smile and say 'yes sir', he'd just shut his trap, turn around and bend over without a peep. He seems too much of a doo-gooder to talk back to Therrien or even just react a bit frustrated. Bullies love those. Bullies make those their henchmen, because no matter the amount of abuse, the henchmen will smile back.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He's also the new target of anti-francophone prejudice.

Why not, hey?

Not surprising, really. We've gone through Bouillon, Therrien, Desharnais as targets and ferociously moved on to Bergevin.

Drouin is a higher profile player, so why not as a higher profile target.

I'm disappointed that we lost Sergachev because he was MY choice at that draft for a #9 pick. I think Bergevin shot himself in the foot when he failed to re-sign Radulov, personally. His continued inability, that off-season, to add a top-6 C also didn't help. With Radulov and a top-6 C in the lineup, Drouin' addition to the roster would have produced better offensive results, mostly because the youngster would have been in a more appropriate seat as he continued to progress at the NHL level.
Bouillon? Not really, he has always been good for us. DesHarnais was Therrien’s chouchou. Therrien was a racist a-hole garbage coach. Bergevin is the worst GM in Habs history who has shown biases.

So because we expose these biases than that makes us anti-francophone? But many of us are French speaking as well.. It doesn’t hold up.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Bouillon? Not really, he has always been good for us. DesHarnais was Therrien’s chouchou. Therrien was a racist a-hole garbage coach. Bergevin is the worst GM in Habs history who has shown biases.

So because we expose these biases than that makes us anti-francophone? But many of us are French speaking as well.. It doesn’t hold up.

Actually, he's right. Bouillon was deriled in Therrien's first stint because he gave him the same treatment (they won the memorial cup together with the Preds).

DD got the Bouillon treatment.

It was already a thing waaaay before DD came into pro hockey.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Actually, he's right. Bouillon was deriled in Therrien's first stint because he gave him the same treatment (they won the memorial cup together with the Preds).

DD got the Bouillon treatment.

It was already a thing waaaay before DD came into pro hockey.
I don’t remember ever being that frustrated with bouillon’s usage. I don’t remember him being overplayed or badly used to that point on the power play.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
He just comes across as someone who is happy at the status quo because he can fall back on I never wanted to be a centre so if he doesn’t succeed he’ll blame everyone else. He’s got his contract, he’s got his excuse so what the hell and he’s French Canadian so it won’t be his fault. I just hate his attitude more than anything, shame Gally’s attitude doesn’t rub on him

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
It's probably why Therrien always used DD. Because whenever he'd yell at DD, he would take it, smile and say 'yes sir', he'd just shut his trap, turn around and bend over without a peep. He seems too much of a doo-gooder to talk back to Therrien or even just react a bit frustrated. Bullies love those. Bullies make those their henchmen, because no matter the amount of abuse, the henchmen will smile back.

I can't imagine Eller responding with 'yes sir'. lol

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Can’t see him being worse, and with his own admissions that he is coming into this season more prepared and in better shape I would think at least a marginal improvement is almost a lock.
The optimist in me wants to think that he becomes a 0.8 point a game player this year.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Dude... just the fact Bouillon was often USED on the powerplay should tell you a little something.

Ask anyone here who remembers.
I was watching canadiens in the bouillon time and I can't tell positive he was over used in PP unit. Nope. Maybe except when one of the first 2 pair d was injured, bouillon was a 5 to 7'th d.
He wasn't good but wasn't bad in PP. Bouillon was excellent in some things, he did have some good fights and won, he was a fast skater and played bigger than his short body. He did nice body checks.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I was watching canadiens in the bouillon time and I can't tell positive he was over used in PP unit. Nope. Maybe except when one of the first 2 pair d was injured, bouillon was a 5 to 7'th d.
He wasn't good but wasn't bad in PP. Bouillon was excellent in some things, he did have some good fights and won, he was a fast skater and played bigger than his short body. He did nice body checks.

He was over used every second he played on the PP.

Reactions: groovejuice

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He was over used every second he played on the PP.
Our top 4 D wasn't that great at the time. Markov, Quintal, Souray and Brisebois were injured a lot.
I don't care if Bouillon wasn't great in PP, there wasn't really anyone else better on the bench. Hamrlk wasn't great either in PP. But these messages shows me how bully Therrien was and it's a shame this organisation hired him twice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad