• Jacques Martin

• Randy Cunneyworth

• Dominique Ducharme

• Martin St-Louis

Results are only viewable after voting.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
It just too soon to evaluate MSL tenure......and the rest of this list makes me want to cry.
jesus we've had nothing good for the last 30 years in terms of coach.

The question who was the less worst of all the coaches we had......not one was actually good.

So I'm going with Bob Gainey cause he had the good senses to fired himself twice from the job right away!
That’s too harsh.

Gainey actually wasn’t a bad coach in his short stints.
Martin is a good coach, but with a boring system.
Vigneault isn’t the best but he can coach. A bit blue still when he was here maybe, I honestly don’t really remember.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I voted MSL. I don't know if he'll have the success we hope he will, but what he has over the other coaches is that he has the team playing an entertaining and offensive brand of hockey. Something we haven't experienced.

Always enjoyed Carbo and Jacques Martin and their passages.

I'll even give Therrien credit for his second stint because as much as we didn't like him, the team did enjoy success under him.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
How can people vote for MSL when he has not even been here for 82 games. :laugh:

I went with Martin.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
I went with Jacques. Just because it's too early to judge MSL.

Martin was a smart coach. He may have been boring, but we had a team that had to play smart boring hockey. That said, I was always frustrated with how passive Martin was. I kind of like when a coach gets mad at the refs a bit more. A little emotion shows you back your players.

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Interesting. I voted for MSL because I 100% agree with what I believe is his approach. But it's not even been 80 games right ? Carbo is my no.2. Martin is up there in votes, but I despised him on par with MT.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think/hope MSL will be the clear #1 at some point...

For now though, Martin stands out from the pack imo (even though I wasn't a fan of the style we played under him, his teams were the best coached of the group imo)

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
St.Louis is the ONLY good coach we have had since 2000. I hated all of the other clowns. Martin included.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
After bringing PK in slowly for game 6 and game 7 against Washington, Jock immediately leaned on him after Markov went down in Pittsburgh. In PK’s 2010-2011 rookie year he played over 22 minutes in all situations. Ol‘ Jacques doesn’t seem to get enough credit for recognizing what was in front of him and helping maximize PK’s abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad