POLL: Avengers: Endgame vs Game Of Thrones

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• Avengers: Endgame

• The Final Season Of Game Of Thrones

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Avengers for me. I feel like many people take for granted this entire MCU that has been set up and 10+ years in the making. To finally have a culmination for that just seems like a milestone, and I've truly enjoyed all the recent Avengers films so I have confidence they will end it all with a great movie.

I'm a huge A Song of Ice and Fire fan, but as the series has gone on, the TV show seems to have lost the political intrigue and charm that it had in the early seasons. Many things feel predictable, and the plot twists thrown in seem forced. I don't know if that is just how the series is supposed to turn out or because they're diverted from GRRM's writing, but I don't feel as invested as I was for the first half of the series. I don't have faith in the shows writing that they will have an ending that is really impressive.

I'm willing to change my mind after seeing them both however. Guess we'll know in a few months.

Reactions: Pilky01

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Endgame will be more predictable, but it’ll be predictably excellent. It’s the culmination of a universe built over ten years and 20 movies.

GoT could be anything. It could be stunning, or it could be a zombie CGI action-packed disappointment. Seasons 5&6 were far from perfect and the way 7 handled Arya and Littlefinger has me very concerned. 7 seems like it was saved by a bunch of really cool battle and “oh shit!” moments, but the writing hasn’t been as captivating since the season 4 finale

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Game of thrones has gotten progressively worse as they’ve moved further from the source material. There was some cool moments in last season but by and large a jumbled mess of legitimately bad telivision.

Marvel movies conversely have been the inverse. Started out with a few gems, but also quite a few misses. But lately have been putting out consistently good comic book movies.

I’m looking forward to both, but I have much more that the avengers movie will have a more satisfying pay out.

GOT was certainly more consistent in the earlier seasons, but episodes like Hardhome and Battle of the Bastards are still on another level from anything churned out by the MCU. The big, bloated, CGI-stuffed action sequences with little-to-no tension are my main beef with the MCU, and seemingly every one of those movies ends with one (with Endgame sure to follow). GOT's big action scenes, on the other hand, have been pretty fantastic throughout.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not only am I far more invested in Game of Thrones at this point, but it's also going to provide more hours of entertainment than Endgame

I'm all in on superhero movies, but I've never been as excited for anything in my life as I am for the final season of GoT

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I haven't watched a superhero movie since The Dark Night Rises, they just don't interest me anymore. I'm debating watching Avengers movies to try to get in on the hype.

GOT is the easy choice for me.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
tenor.gif

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
How much GOT spoilers can we talk?

GOT really lost me last season with the capturing a white walker stuff, and the kid who sprinted the length of the island, and the disappointing Little Finger payoff. It just started to feel like the story was an afterthought to the handful of set piece battles they knew that wanted to film.

I’m still interested but I’m not dying of anticipation like I was earlier in the series.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
the most overrated tv series vs the most overrated series of films

Avengers I guess.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
How much GOT spoilers can we talk?

GOT really lost me last season with the 1) capturing a white walker stuff, and 2) the kid who sprinted the length of the island, and the 3) disappointing Little Finger payoff. It just started to feel like the 4) story was an afterthought to the handful of set piece battles they knew that wanted to film.

I’m still interested but I’m not dying of anticipation like I was earlier in the series.

1) they captured a wight, not as ridiculous and difficult as capturing a white walker
2) Gendry spent a lot of time offscreen rowing and and then training his legs so as not to skip leg day, so it's not unreasonable that he's now an elite athlete who can run the length of the island
3) Little Finger was destined to fail the farther away he got from a large city like Kings Landing or the Vail (the smaller the town, the closer knit the people are and people talk)
4) the story worked in synergy with the large set piece battles they knew they wanted to film.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
1) they captured a wight, not as ridiculous and difficult as capturing a white walker
2) Gendry spent a lot of time offscreen rowing and and then training his legs so as not to skip leg day, so it's not unreasonable that he's now an elite athlete who can run the length of the island
3) Little Finger was destined to fail the farther away he got from a large city like Kings Landing or the Vail (the smaller the town, the closer knit the people are and people talk)
4) the story worked in synergy with the large set piece battles they knew they wanted to film.
What island? Gendry didn't sprint across any islands, they were a few hours north of the wall and he ran south back to the wall...

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
What island? Gendry didn't sprint across any islands, they were a few hours north of the wall and he ran south back to the wall...

You're right. But the point was that Gendry is no mere kid and Gendry can quickly run that distance from their location to the wall. It's not impossible.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
the most overrated tv series vs the most overrated series of films

Avengers I guess.

If it’s overrated what tv show do you think is not overrated and is up to your standard?

Game of thrones appeals to so many people. Men, women, young, old.

I can’t remember a more diverse audience that is global in scale watching a tv series

Reactions: The Night King

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If it’s overrated what tv show do you think is not overrated and is up to your standard?

Game of thrones appeals to so many people. Men, women, young, old.

I can’t remember a more diverse audience that is global in scale watching a tv series
Say what you will about whether or not the statement is justified, but what you're listing are prerequisites that are inherently required for it to make sense for a show to be considered overrated in the first place, not a counter-argument.
You're right. But the point was that Gendry is no mere kid and Gendry can quickly run that distance from their location to the wall. It's not impossible.
That's very poorly communicated and feels ridiculous in the way that it's presented, though, which is ultimately what matters (not whether or not it's technically possible). To have half an episode of them slowly trekking what feels like an epic journey only to have him be able to run back the same distance on foot in time to alert someone who is able to resolve what seems like imminent "need-to-deal-with-this-right-away" danger, and have that entire process play out over what feels like a couple of minutes of screen-time was definitely clunky/awkward storytelling, and anything but graceful writing, to say the least.

The show seems to have a lot of trouble convincingly presenting the illusion of time and space in general.

Last edited:

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The show's issues with time and space before season 7 were really only a factor with Littlefinger's character. Other than that they did a good job with demonstrating the passage of time. Mainly because they had 10 episodes to actually flesh things out.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
If we're talking about unrealistic time jumps, Infinity War was just as guilty

I mean, Thor, Rocket and Groot made it to that dying star in what, an hour or two? Maybe a day? They were only in a little escape pod

And at one point Tony referenced they were billions of miles from Earth, but again, it had only been a few hours at most, so how is that possible?

It just seemed a little too unrealistic given the vastness of space that all these destinations were reached so quickly

Sure, it's easily dismissed by assuming some kind of warp speed capabilities were in play, but it's hard to believe an escape pod would be equipped with such a thing, let alone have enough fuel for such a trip

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If we're talking about unrealistic time jumps, Infinity War was just as guilty

I mean, Thor, Rocket and Groot made it to that dying star in what, an hour or two? Maybe a day? They were only in a little escape pod

And at one point Tony referenced they were billions of miles from Earth, but again, it had only been a few hours at most, so how is that possible?

It just seemed a little too unrealistic given the vastness of space that all these destinations were reached so quickly

Sure, it's easily dismissed by assuming some kind of warp speed capabilities were in play, but it's hard to believe an escape pod would be equipped with such a thing, let alone have enough fuel for such a trip

Fast travel just makes a lot more sense with superheroes than it does for medieval fantasy.

And did Danerys just ride that dragon the entire length of the island up to north of the wall? Seems like an awful long flight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->