POLL: Avengers: Endgame vs Game Of Thrones

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

• Avengers: Endgame

• The Final Season Of Game Of Thrones

Results are only viewable after voting.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The most anticipated film in history is set to be released around the same time the most anticipated final season in television history is set to air

So, which one are you looking forward to the most?

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I feel like I kinda already know how endgame will go. Avengers will win, with a few deaths. I’m not as emotionally connected to those characters. But GOT, who the f*** knows what’s gonna happen. GOT all the way

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I have issues with how quickly they're trying to wrap up GoT - the pacing is off from the earlier seasons which eliminates a lot of the drama and gravitas.

So I'm not sure it'll be done properly.

Avengers - Endgame has been designed for purpose for quite some time so I have higher expectations and am looking forward to it more.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
GOT for me

Avengers is likely to end in a very traditional ending, with some losses but for the most part a return to normal. I'm curious how it ends, but I don't anticipate something that really surprises me. The MCU is consistent. It's lead to lots of well made films, but I don't go into any of them expecting any major curveballs. That limits what you can really expect out of this film. Because the franchise is expected to continue it's also not going to give you an definitive end. It's just another chapter, albeit with likelihood of the death of major characters.

GOT can go and lot of different ways. Some potentially very disappointing. However, if the ending is truly what GRRM has laid out to the showrunners, it does havr the potential to really surprise. As there's no talk of a spinoff set beyond the current timeline, it's going to hopefully allow for a definitive end point, and a fundamental change to the world it takes place in.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Most anticipated film in history? I thought Infinity War was?

Either way I am looking forward to GOT more. The MCU is fine but not that important to me.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I haven't seen any of the Avengers movies, don't care to and don't like the vast majority of modern day superhero movies, so Game of Thrones wins by default. I'm not a huge GoT fan, but I'm looking forward to it, which is more than I can say for Avengers.

Also, I'm not sure that I would call the Avengers movie the most anticipated movie of all time. I doubt that most superhero movies are anticipated much outside of the comic fan base and the younger generations. I would guess that one of the Star Wars films (ESB, RotJ, TPM or TFA) was the most anticipated of all time. Those were cultural phenomenons that generated large interest across nearly all demographics and tastes. I wouldn't say the same for the Avengers movies.

Last edited:

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
GOT started out good and has gone on a rapidly declining downward spiral and will likely end that way. MCU has been trending upwards but was generic and uninteresting to begin with and hasn't risen high enough to break out of that.

I'll go with GOT by default, because there's at least an unlikely chance of a return to form, but I'm not excited about either.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I haven't seen any of the Avengers movies, don't care to and don't like the vast majority of modern day superhero movies, so Game of Thrones wins by default. I'm not a huge GoT fan, but I'm looking forward to it, which is more than I can say for Avengers.

Also, I'm not sure that I would call the Avengers movie the most anticipated movie of all time. I doubt that most superhero movies are anticipated much outside of the comic fanbase. I would guess that one of the Star Wars films (ESB, RotJ, TPM or TFA) was the most anticipated of all time.

Endgame is the conclusion to Infinity War

List of box office records set by Avengers: Infinity War - Wikipedia

I think you're under-appreciating the size of that comic fanbase

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Endgame is the conclusion to Infinity War

List of box office records set by Avengers: Infinity War - Wikipedia

I think you're under-appreciating the size of that comic fanbase

Those box office records aren't adjusted for inflation. Infinity War is at "only" #35 all time when adjusted for inflation. All of the Star Wars films that I listed are higher on the list, suggesting that they all sold more tickets, and I would say that ticket sales are a better indication of anticipation than gross revenue.

All Time Box Office Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Those box office records aren't adjusted for inflation. Infinity War is at "only" #35 all time when adjusted for inflation. All of the Star Wars films that I listed are higher on the list, suggesting that they all sold more tickets, and I would say that ticket sales are a better indication of anticipation than gross revenue.

All Time Box Office Adjusted for Ticket Price Inflation

DOMESTIC GROSSES

Those are only counting tickets sold in the US

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
how many f***ing comic book films can come out in the last 20 years? What makes this one any different? Big deal. I'll watch it just because but it's not gonna be anything epic. We all know how that shit goes. Too much candy ass. Give me grit.

Speaking of grit....

GOT...f***in eh...that shit is special. The books are awesome, read them. Looking forward to the season and the series finale. GOT AINEC

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Game of thrones has gotten progressively worse as they’ve moved further from the source material. There was some cool moments in last season but by and large a jumbled mess of legitimately bad telivision.

Marvel movies conversely have been the inverse. Started out with a few gems, but also quite a few misses. But lately have been putting out consistently good comic book movies.

I’m looking forward to both, but I have much more that the avengers movie will have a more satisfying pay out.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad