Poll: Are you willing to pay to move from #5 to #2?

Would you trade #5 and our 4 2nds to move up to #2

• Total voters

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
the Senators are far below the cap floor. They need to spend the money so why not keep White around to see if he can get his game back.

Off the top of my head the first two things that come to my mind is a) he isn’t very good and b) he is overpaid.

Last year he was protected from the prospect glut ... this year there will be less room to hide. Guys like Norris, Balcers, Formenton, Chaplik, and Abramov deserve a chance if they can outplay him.

I’d rather move White with NYI than Brann, Brown, 33OA, Lassi etc to upgrade the pick.

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
That's the question I ask.

#5 and all four of our 2nd rounders to move up to #2?

Walk away with the Stutzle and Byfield .

Hell no. All four seconds? Trust your scouts. We'll get a great player at five and more chances at good ones in the second.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Off the top of my head the first two things that come to my mind is a) he isn’t very good and b) he is overpaid.

Last year he was protected from the prospect glut ... this year there will be less room to hide. Guys like Norris, Balcers, Formenton, Chaplik, and Abramov deserve a chance if they can outplay him.

I’d rather move White with NYI than Brann, Brown, 33OA, Lassi etc to upgrade the pick.

In the "current" season the Sens cap hit is $74 million which includes Boedker $4 million, Hainsey $3.5 million, Anderson $4.75 million plus Callahan and McArthur on LTIR at a combined $1o.45 million. That's almost $23 million coming off the books. Next year the Sens Cap hit projects around $65 million which includes raises for Tierney, Duclair and Brown etc. and includes White.

The Sens will have to pay some guys to hit the cap floor so why not keep paying a young guy that showed a great deal of promise one year ago? In a year ( 20-21) where not much is expected from the team and money is not the issue that is a perfect time to see if he can rebound. If not you cut him loose next summer.

Reactions: h2owned

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I would be very surprised to see any playoff contending team dropping an ELC protected Lafreniere for anything.

I could see Edmonton do it because they're badly in need of depth and won't have the cap room for three superstars long term.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Instead of moving up to #2, what I really want Dorion to do is move up with the Islander pick. Draft Raymond at #5 and somehow move up to get Holtz. It's probably fantasy but I think it would be great to have the two Swedes play together.

Blotto71

I was wrong...the worst is NOT behind us.
May 12, 2013
Over There

So you'd rather add a guy that "isn't very good" and "overpaid" to the NYI 1st to move up in the draft?

Turn that around and suppose a team picking 22 - 31 came to Dorion and offered their pick plus a guy that "isn't very good" and is "overpaid" for the NYI 1st. Is that a deal you think he should jump at?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Instead of moving up to #2, what I really want Dorion to do is move up with the Islander pick. Draft Raymond at #5 and somehow move up to get Holtz. It's probably fantasy but I think it would be great to have the two Swedes play together.
I would bet he tries to move up for someone , not necessarily Holtz.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I would bet he tries to move up for someone , not necessarily Holtz.

NYI pick and White might get Minnesota to bite. Their centre depth doesn't look great at the moment, though I freely admit I don't know much about their situation. Also can't see White moving so soon.

Reactions: Sweatred

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Rather than trading 5 picks for 1, I'd rather just try to add a couple of those seconds with the NYI pick and try to get another player in Dorion's second tier of 4-12.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rather than trading 5 picks for 1, I'd rather just try to add a couple of those seconds with the NYI pick and try to get another player in Dorion's second tier of 4-12.
Thats what they likely try and do. It makes the most logical sense, if the Islanders lose to Florida it would be a very real possibility.

Leaving this draft with three of the top 12 players would be an amazing step in the right direction.

Byfield, Drysdale, Quinn or Byfield, Raymond, Sanderson would be a wild haul.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Byfield, Sanderson, Askarov would be my choice & I would again try to make another move to get back into the first rd after that NYI pick to acquire one of Schneider or Barron. Or hope that Barron or Schneider fall out of the 1st rd, Schneider might since he probably more than others lack the offensive upside to produce a lot of pts. Either of Schneider or Barron at #33 would be great, I don't see Guhle lasting that long & should go mid-1st rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->