Line Combos: Poll 7 - HF Hawks Decides : Murphys Partner

Who do you want to see paired with Murphy to start the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
McCabe wins poll 6 with 50% of the votes.

Results

Forward Lines

Domi (37.5%) - Toews (71.8%) - Kane
Athanasiou (77.8%) - Reichel (42.1%) - Raddysh (66.7%)
Poll 10(%) - Poll 9(%) - Poll 11(%)
Poll 13(%) - Poll 12(%) - Poll 14(%)

Pairings
McCabe (50%) - S.Jones
Poll 7(%) - Poll 7(%)
Poll 8(%) - Poll 8(%)​

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I think Murphy needs to be paired with someone who can at least somewhat move the puck, since he himself is awful at it.

Out of these 4? Let C. Jones play Bobby Orr with Murphy backstopping him.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was trying to make myself forget that Murphy is still on the Blackhawks. If we can't trade him, dress 7 Dmen in games and make him the #7..... or as a reserve.

• Haha
Reactions: Pertti

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
They have a guy who is a good puck handler but questionable defensively who either makes it this year or goes to bartending school.
I put Mitchell with Murphy.
Let’s see what we got.

Since in this exercise he’s not a choice I chose C. Jones for kind of the same reason.

BLKHKhockey

Aug 28, 2009
I'll preface this by saying I am certainly no Murphy fan myself.

Part of me thinks that Murphy is a type of player who lives and dies by their coach/structure. He's a hard worker, wears an "A" so coaches must like him, but he is far from a smart player. Should be interesting to see how he and the team play under Luke.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
They have a guy who is a good puck handler but questionable defensively who either makes it this year or goes to bartending school.
I put Mitchell with Murphy.
Let’s see what we got.

Since in this exercise he’s not a choice I chose C. Jones for kind of the same reason.
Mitchell is a RD--put him with Jack Johnson or Stillman. I choose Vlasic since Murphy can possibly be valuable on-ice helping a younger guy.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Mitchell is a RD--put him with Jack Johnson or Stillman. I choose Vlasic since Murphy can possibly be valuable on-ice helping a younger guy.
Put him with Stillman. If Mitchell is competent carrying the puck at this level it lets Stillman settle into a defensive D role he’s more cut out for.
I’m a Stillman fan. I liked him on the panthers (see trade thread for my opine back then).
If Mitchell is as Musto advertised we could have a very good young 2nd pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad