Line Combos: Poll 6 - HF Hawks Decides : Seth Jones Partner

Who do you want to see paired with Jones to start the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
See 1st poll for details. Polls will be open for 2 days.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to spell this name off memory alone and by the time I do he’ll probably be gone anyway. A-t-h-a-n-a-s-i-o-u wins poll 5. Or maybe…

7EA57AC9-3211-49AB-95BC-18BC24948B10.gif

Results

Forward Lines

Domi (37.5%) - Toews (71.8%) - Kane
AA is way easier(77.8%) - Reichel (42.1%) - Raddysh (66.7%)
Poll 10(%) - Poll 9(%) - Poll 11(%)
Poll 13(%) - Poll 12(%) - Poll 14(%)

Pairings
Poll 6(%) - S.Jones
Poll 7(%) - Poll 7(%)
Poll 8(%) - Poll 8(%)

Past Threads:

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Link for Jones and Johnson’s time together in Columbus. They didn’t play much together but I thought it might be a little more than this. When you think about it though their styles don’t exactly complement each other.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Who will best cover for S.Jones beibg so out of position so mich (giving rise to the horrendous -37 talky in his +/-)?

Caleb Jonesxwas actualkycax+3 in his own plus/minus but of course was not playing top lines ke S.Jones did...so doubts aboutctge 2 brother 1st pairing.

McCabe too slow to get to loose pucks thatvoppsxwill keep in longer and thus expose S.Jones for more opportunities to get homselfvoutvof position.

Maybe Jack Johnson can get to those loose pucks and prevent those extra long shifts in the d-zonexwhich gives too much provablity S Jones will takevhomself out of the play too much?

I know Vladic can get to those loose picks betterand thus lessen the time spent chasing in our zone thus limiting the biggest flaws of S.Jonrs dreamed when he gets chasibgvand leaves position and gets caught with notvenough defenders ckoggibgvtgecskotcarea..

I do not think any dman can"cover" for when S.Jonrs makes these egregious bad decisions to leavebpisitjon and then fails to gain back puck when chsdibgnor checking...so at minimum cut down the time spent chasing the opps puck carriers if the LD can get to pose picks and clear properly...in tbis sense Vlasic ought to be the choice..but itcseems they are hell bent on probably grooming hom 1 seadon in Rockford and will use the vets are to blame mantra for porous D in the Tank attempt.

So if tge goal is to Tank...be OK with another -37 or worse from S.Jonez .and then it hardly matters who his unfortunate d-partner is.

S Jones s style is to leave position chase ant tdy to take pucks way...but heviften fails to achieve stopingvtge attack...taking pucks away and then getting it out ...

Maybe Luke Richardson will get tge forwardscto help tge dmen more do tgat tgey do not need to leave position and chase so much?
But do not hold your breathe for a dramatic change from our forwards as thecexamplecsey bu not interested in checking Kane rubs off as "acceptable" by tge coaching staff..without a bad example do not expect other forwards will embrace the hard checking required to get pucks back and then out quickly...so Seth will again be chasing and failing on his engagement with tgebopps puck carriers to stop the flow of attack and take it the other way I stead.. thus leaving position this will create an extra opening te slot and whoever is S Jones es d-oartner simply cannot himself cover 2 guys now crowding the slot.

Unless the forwards pitch in better to stymie tge opps in our zone,S Jones will invariably create chancrsxagaibst due to hos style of leaving g position and chasing..

So unless our forwards cover for S.Jobes wandering off tk get list in the corners,it hardly matters who they partner with S Jones.

But IF tge LD can get to ploose pucks on hos side or get and cut off puck carfiersxon his side ofvtge ice and akso then cleR it back out,then S Jones will stY in his position and no need to worry of hom chasing alk thexwY over to left side...So by cutting the ice in half it should help cut the wandering opportunities exhibited by S Jones and limit these errors to just his own right side.

This is why I think Vlasic can be tfe cut off giy for pucks being over on the left side...I am less certaintgat Caleb Jones,Jack Johnson or McCabe could do tgat left side cut- off as well..

But if Vladic is going to be developed more in Rockford because we want worse partners for S Jones who cannot cut off drives fron the left side,then lick your poison...McCabe being tge slowest woukd be the best Worst LD to partner with WanderingSeth.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Who will best cover for S.Jones beibg so out of position so mich (giving rise to the horrendous -37 talky in his +/-)?

Caleb Jonesxwas actualkycax+3 in his own plus/minus but of course was not playing top lines ke S.Jones did...so doubts aboutctge 2 brother 1st pairing.

McCabe too slow to get to loose pucks thatvoppsxwill keep in longer and thus expose S.Jones for more opportunities to get homselfvoutvof position.

Maybe Jack Johnson can get to those loose pucks and prevent those extra long shifts in the d-zonexwhich gives too much provablity S Jones will takevhomself out of the play too much?

I know Vladic can get to those loose picks betterand thus lessen the time spent chasing in our zone thus limiting the biggest flaws of S.Jonrs dreamed when he gets chasibgvand leaves position and gets caught with notvenough defenders ckoggibgvtgecskotcarea..

I do not think any dman can"cover" for when S.Jonrs makes these egregious bad decisions to leavebpisitjon and then fails to gain back puck when chsdibgnor checking...so at minimum cut down the time spent chasing the opps puck carriers if the LD can get to pose picks and clear properly...in tbis sense Vlasic ought to be the choice..but itcseems they are hell bent on probably grooming hom 1 seadon in Rockford and will use the vets are to blame mantra for porous D in the Tank attempt.

So if tge goal is to Tank...be OK with another -37 or worse from S.Jonez .and then it hardly matters who his unfortunate d-partner is.

S Jones s style is to leave position chase ant tdy to take pucks way...but heviften fails to achieve stopingvtge attack...taking pucks away and then getting it out ...

Maybe Luke Richardson will get tge forwardscto help tge dmen more do tgat tgey do not need to leave position and chase so much?
But do not hold your breathe for a dramatic change from our forwards as thecexamplecsey bu not interested in checking Kane rubs off as "acceptable" by tge coaching staff..without a bad example do not expect other forwards will embrace the hard checking required to get pucks back and then out quickly...so Seth will again be chasing and failing on his engagement with tgebopps puck carriers to stop the flow of attack and take it the other way I stead.. thus leaving position this will create an extra opening te slot and whoever is S Jones es d-oartner simply cannot himself cover 2 guys now crowding the slot.

Unless the forwards pitch in better to stymie tge opps in our zone,S Jones will invariably create chancrsxagaibst due to hos style of leaving g position and chasing..

So unless our forwards cover for S.Jobes wandering off tk get list in the corners,it hardly matters who they partner with S Jones.

But IF tge LD can get to ploose pucks on hos side or get and cut off puck carfiersxon his side ofvtge ice and akso then cleR it back out,then S Jones will stY in his position and no need to worry of hom chasing alk thexwY over to left side...So by cutting the ice in half it should help cut the wandering opportunities exhibited by S Jones and limit these errors to just his own right side.

This is why I think Vlasic can be tfe cut off giy for pucks being over on the left side...I am less certaintgat Caleb Jones,Jack Johnson or McCabe could do tgat left side cut- off as well..

But if Vladic is going to be developed more in Rockford because we want worse partners for S Jones who cannot cut off drives fron the left side,then lick your poison...McCabe being tge slowest woukd be the best Worst LD to partner with WanderingSeth.
Blah blah blah blah. It’s not even word vomit, it’s just random letters mashed together like a little baby smashing a keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
See 1st poll for details. Polls will be open for 2 days.

I don’t think I’ll ever be able to spell this name off memory alone and by the time I do he’ll probably be gone anyway. A-t-h-a-n-a-s-i-o-u wins poll 5. Or maybe…

How about this: someone named Nathan A. owes you money. Nathan A's IOU -- then take off the first N and the apostrophe. Athan as iou

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Kevin Korchinski is the ideal partner for Jones. Maybe in 3-4 years. Right now, there isn't anyone on the roster that can complement Jones on the left side.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad