Polish prospects?

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
16 year old Dominik Pas(http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=359050) had 10 goals at the U18s and 10 points in 28 games while playing in the top Polish league with SMS U20 Sosnowiec.
16 year old Dominik Olszewski (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=215917) also had a great tournament with 10 points(2 goals, 8 assist) and is one of the top scorers in the USPHLU16

I agree those players all have promising futures, I would also add Bartlomiej Jeziorski who plays for GKS Tychy senior team which were runners up for the championship this past season. He had 15 pts in 34 games at 17 years of age, not bad.

SMS U20 Sosnowiec plays at the senior level in the PHL (Polish league) so even though they finished last in the league they play vs. relatively a very high level of competition. There are a few players from that team on the U18 national team, the effects of competing against older and better players are showing.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
One Polish prospect who could have a bright future is Patryk Wronka from Podhale Nowy Targ. He's a very dynamic, creative, 20 year old with great vision of the ice. At his early age he's quickly becoming the Polish NT's brightest player. I think in a year or two he should be able to join a solid club in the Czech league or even in Sweden or Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-Vvk4zu_M
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223416

Now he is rumoured to come to Finland. Probably Mestis(Fin2) for now.

Edit: Watched the video and he got some talent and i think would do fine in Mestis. Even know that game looked more like Fin3 level. One thing that caught my eye is that he seems to have kind off a short stick.

Last edited:

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Now he is rumoured to come to Finland. Probably Mestis(Fin2) for now.

Edit: Watched the video and he got some talent and i think would do fine in Mestis. Even know that game looked more like Fin3 level. One thing that caught my eye is that he seems to have kind off a short stick.

He's pretty short, (172cm) so naturally his stick will be shorter. On that note though almost all the great players play with shorter sticks, none higher than neck level, the exception would be some defenders.

I did see the Finland transfer rumor on Eliteprospects regarding Wronka, however Cracovia Krakow is trying to really strengthen their squad since they will be playing in the CHL next season and I know they really want Wronka. I hope he chooses Finland or Sweden instead, even Switzerland would be a good choice.

LindenBae

Feb 26, 2016
He's pretty short, (172cm) so naturally his stick will be shorter. On that note though almost all the great players play with shorter sticks, none higher than neck level, the exception would be some defenders.

I did see the Finland transfer rumor on Eliteprospects regarding Wronka, however Cracovia Krakow is trying to really strengthen their squad since they will be playing in the CHL next season and I know they really want Wronka. I hope he chooses Finland or Sweden instead, even Switzerland would be a good choice.

He is having an amazing World Championship tournament. Really hope teams are watching.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
He is having an amazing World Championship tournament. Really hope teams are watching.

He was voted best forward of the tournament by the coaches, scouts were most certainly there. Today it was confirmed he has transferred to Orli Znojmo of EBEL. I think it's a safe but good choice, certainly in the right direction if he wants to develop more. It's not Sweden or Finland, but maybe a smaller step before going there is a better idea for someone who has never played outside of Poland.

LindenBae

Feb 26, 2016
He was voted best forward of the tournament by the coaches, scouts were most certainly there. Today it was confirmed he has transferred to Orli Znojmo of EBEL. I think it's a safe but good choice, certainly in the right direction if he wants to develop more. It's not Sweden or Finland, but maybe a smaller step before going there is a better idea for someone who has never played outside of Poland.
True just needs to have a good season there then could transfer to a stronger league.

LindenBae

Feb 26, 2016
Former Polish U18 Captain, Noureddine Bettahar signed in the DEL yesterday. 21 and did okay in the Germanys third league

Babula

May 31, 2012
One Polish prospect who could have a bright future is Patryk Wronka from Podhale Nowy Targ. He's a very dynamic, creative, 20 year old with great vision of the ice. At his early age he's quickly becoming the Polish NT's brightest player. I think in a year or two he should be able to join a solid club in the Czech league or even in Sweden or Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-Vvk4zu_M
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223416

Patryk joins Hc Orli in Ebel for 16/17 season.

LindenBae

Feb 26, 2016
Alan Lyszczarczyk

Alan Lyszczarczyk goes undrafted, but gets an invite to the Leafs prospect camp.

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
I've seen that no one has posted in this thread in a while, but has anyone here mentioned Jakub Lewandowski? He plays for Vitkovice's u18 team and lead the team in points with 36, averaging a point per game, and is just 16 and already 6'2" (188 cm). I think he could be drafted quite high in a couple of years.

Reactions: czech

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018
Jakub Lewnadowski has continued to progress, and has gotten 8 points in 4 games in the Czech u19 league. He is also the highest point scorer amongst u18 players, who aren't on that OP Red Bull team

Jabs102501

May 16, 2018

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad