Polish prospects?

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
I still believe Wolski one day can play for polish national team

Last edited:

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Young polish players with potencial are only Chmielewski, Kapica, Dronia, Pociecha and maybe Guzik. Really young are Fraszko and Wronka. If they leave polish league they can make progress to be a player on europian level. I saw match Sparta-Trinec and Chmielewski was great.

What about this guy? http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=280005

Never heard of him, just found his name, still 16 year old, tall, already scored a few goals in Polish league...

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
What about this guy? http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=280005

Never heard of him, just found his name, still 16 year old, tall, already scored a few goals in Polish league...

Looks really good :) But I have never saw him. He probably doesn't play in play-off. I think he should go to czech junior league until he has this opporunity. In Trinec or Vitkovice he will make progress. They know how to work with young talents (Růžička, JaÅ¡ek, Svoboda, Å tencel, Klok, Zdráhal etc.). If one of these teams have one of the best polish talents, it will be favourable for them. They can obtain some polish fans. Or he should go to CHL. If he stays at home, he will be only on Chmielewski level imo.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Jeziorski has looked impressive at the recent U18 WC. I watched him score a really nice goal against GB. Seems to have good speed and likes carrying the puck. Hope he does well.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Jeziorski has looked impressive at the recent U18 WC. I watched him score a really nice goal against GB. Seems to have good speed and likes carrying the puck. Hope he does well.

Have you seen him live or "only" through stream?

LedgerSko

Mar 30, 2015
On a total side note, why hasn't hockey been developed in Poland, although the majority of their neighbors are hockey made or at the very least country's with much better programs?

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
My best guess is that the proximity to a hockey rink is a factor. From what I have seen, hockey rinks are only in larger cities and for most people it is usually an hour or so drive. There also isn't enough interest at a country level. Poland was once decent a long time ago, but since then the interest in hockey has really died off.

So it is a combination of proximity to rinks and the motivation to drive a bit to get to the rink. That may explain why there isnt a steady stream of prospects.

But Poland has been improving lately in ice hockey, they recently gained promotion into the World Championship Ia league.

Here is the national team squad:

http://www.pzhl.org.pl/reprezentacja-polski

LedgerSko

Mar 30, 2015
If distance to the rink is a problem wouldn't there be an impetus to build more rinks?

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
If the demand is there you can pay for rinks through fees.

I personally don't see great demand for it. Poland is more interested in volleyball, handball, tennis, skiing, and ski jumping than it is in hockey. I'd love to see some effort put into growing hockey in Poland, there is no reason Poland can't be a force in hockey, how much do we differ genetically from our neighbours?

LedgerSko

Mar 30, 2015
I personally don't see great demand for it. Poland is more interested in volleyball, handball, tennis, skiing, and ski jumping than it is in hockey. I'd love to see some effort put into growing hockey in Poland, there is no reason Poland can't be a force in hockey, how much do we differ genetically from our neighbours?

That's what I'm thinking, and I just wonder if there were any social reasons through Poland's past in terms of why they've never wanted to develop or the country just doesn't care about hockey that much?

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
I know this is an older post but how is ALAN LYSZCZARCZYK doing? Will we see him in the NHL anytime soon?

He is a very big talent in the U18 Czech Jr. League for Pirati, big enough in fact that there is strong suspicion he will be playing for the Czech Jr. NT's soon.
The reason I say this is because he did not play for Poland in the recent U18 WC, and other major junior tournaments lately. His club team was not involved in any playoffs, so he was free to join the Polish NT and did not.
The Czech's would not want him if he was just another average jr. player, especially going out of their way to pouch him away from Poland. He is also being heavily scouted by teams from OHL, WHL, and QMJHL.
At 16 y/o he led his league in scoring this season as well.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?leagueid=Czech U18&season=2014

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Wolski-Szczechura-D.Zajac
Dziurzinski-Kolanos-Sislo
Kapica-Zalewski-Chmielewski
Konopka-Czarnik-Kolusz
+Kowalowka-Pasiut-Szydlowski
Urbanowitz

Oleksy-Woywitka
Kwiatkowski-Dronia
Pociecha-Wozniewski
+Dutka-Matczak
Rutkowski

Zapolski
Beskorowany
Odrobny

Bold = real Polish

Possible 4th line: Bulanowski-Konopka-Yablonski
this line will be badass :yo:

Nice :), this looks like my Polish NT on modified version of EHM2007 where I naturalized NA players with Polish ethnicity.
Poland has been playing in top 16 for last 5 seasons or so, on average finishing 10.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
That's what I'm thinking, and I just wonder if there were any social reasons through Poland's past in terms of why they've never wanted to develop or the country just doesn't care about hockey that much?

Hockey seems to be a regional sport in Poland, mostly popular in the south of Poland around the Czech and Slovak border, although lately it's gaining interest in markets in Poznan and Lodz.

But overall you're right, tradition of the sport is not as strong and seems like it mostly died off with the fall of communism. The Polish Ministry of Sport and Tourism greatly reduced funding for it after the fall of communism, probably because of the price to build rinks and buy and maintain equipment. When my father was growing up in Poland, in the 60's and 70's hockey was the #1 winter sport and he remembers playing on ponds and frozen over streets with those old skates you bolt onto your shoe.
It's unfortunate countries around Poland such as Czech Rep., Slovakia, Belarus, continued to invest in hockey after the fall of communism, but Poland stopped.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Nice :), this looks like my Polish NT on modified version of EHM2007 where I naturalized NA players with Polish ethnicity.
Poland has been playing in top 16 for last 5 seasons or so, on average finishing 10.

I also thought about czech player with polish origin. These never played in czech national team: Marosz, Kucsera, Sztefek, Kania. They can be same case like Raszka. Especially Marosz can be great reinforcement.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
He is a very big talent in the U18 Czech Jr. League for Pirati, big enough in fact that there is strong suspicion he will be playing for the Czech Jr. NT's soon.
The reason I say this is because he did not play for Poland in the recent U18 WC, and other major junior tournaments lately. His club team was not involved in any playoffs, so he was free to join the Polish NT and did not.
The Czech's would not want him if he was just another average jr. player, especially going out of their way to pouch him away from Poland. He is also being heavily scouted by teams from OHL, WHL, and QMJHL.
At 16 y/o he led his league in scoring this season as well.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league.php?leagueid=Czech U18&season=2014

I found this list of czech U18 most points winners:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards.php?award=Czech U18 Most Points

I think he should be also succesful. Half of the winners are great players. I only want to ask, if Alan can play in polish national team although he will never play in polish league?

Chomutov's U20 team is extremely succesful and works with young players well (KaÅ¡e brothers, Kämpf, Å ulák). Next year will be Chomutov's coach Vladimír Růžička and he likes young players. Maybe will come first A-team opportunity ;)

I hope Alan will become player on european level, who will lead polish national team to highest group. But I don't believe he will play in NHL when he will stay in Czech republic. If he wants to play NHL, he probably should go to CHL next year.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
I found this list of czech U18 most points winners:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards.php?award=Czech U18 Most Points

I think he should be also succesful. Half of the winners are great players. I only want to ask, if Alan can play in polish national team although he will never play in polish league?

Chomutov's U20 team is extremely succesful and works with young players well (KaÅ¡e brothers, Kämpf, Å ulák). Next year will be Chomutov's coach Vladimír Růžička and he likes young players. Maybe will come first A-team opportunity ;)

I hope Alan will become player on european level, who will lead polish national team to highest group. But I don't believe he will play in NHL when he will stay in Czech republic. If he wants to play NHL, he probably should go to CHL next year.

This is a good question, I'm not 100% clear on the IIHF ruling regarding if a player has to play professionally or only in junior leagues for two seasons in the league of the country he wishes to represent. Alan did play for the junior teams in Podhale Nowy Targ prior to going to Chomutov, so if junior leagues count he could play for the senior team, also he has played multiple times for the U-16, U-18 and U-20 Polish NT so I'm assuming the answer is yes. He can of course change his mind and play for a different senior NT team once he's met the min. seasons played in a different league.

In this interview in the Polish press he did say his goal is to play in the NHL, even going to camps in Canada in the off season. He said next year (2015-2016) he would be eligible for the CHL draft and seems like he would go that way.

http://eurosport.onet.pl/zimowe/hok...lak-na-drodze-do-najlepszej-ligi-swiata/c6f9z

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
At WC1A Kolusz had very good performance... Any interest from better europian league? Pasiut also played really good. Two or three players in Sweeden or Finland can help national team.

LindenBae

Feb 26, 2016
Alan looks to be a third round pick and he is supposed to represent Poland at the up coming World Championships being held in Poland. Would be cool for the future of Polish hockey to make his NT debut in Poland.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
At WC1A Kolusz had very good performance... Any interest from better europian league? Pasiut also played really good. Two or three players in Sweeden or Finland can help national team.

I agree, however they should have done this earlier in their career, and this goes for a few other Polish players who prefer to be a star in a low level league over a role player in a stronger league. Some of the younger players like Chmielewski or Lyszczarczyk and others have a bit more ambition to try their luck beyond Poland's borders.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Yes, I believe he will first play in the U18 Div. 2A WC and then attempt to get a spot on the senior Div. 1A WC team. I think it will be a good experience for him playing in Poland at the WC, he may not get a great amount of ice time being younger but nonetheless it will help him grow.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn

LindenBae

Feb 26, 2016
One Polish prospect who could have a bright future is Patryk Wronka from Podhale Nowy Targ. He's a very dynamic, creative, 20 year old with great vision of the ice. At his early age he's quickly becoming the Polish NT's brightest player. I think in a year or two he should be able to join a solid club in the Czech league or even in Sweden or Finland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-Vvk4zu_M
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=223416

It all depends on if he will leave Poland. Something becoming more common though for young poles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad