Polish prospects?

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
is there any good polish prospect who is playing in some good league and is dominating?

in czech youth league for Chomutov Pirates is playing Alan Lyszczarczyk and he's currently 4th in points ... I've seen him few times and he's very talented ... smart move by him to play here

he'll be polish Kopitar or Vanek one day :)

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
is there any good polish prospect who is playing in some good league and is dominating?

in czech youth league for Chomutov Pirates is playing Alan Lyszczarczyk and he's currently 4th in points ... I've seen him few times and he's very talented ... smart move by him to play here

Oh boy if this guy ever makes the NHL imagine what kind of horrors the announcers will face trying to pronounce his name :laugh::laugh:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Oh boy if this guy ever makes the NHL imagine what kind of horrors the announcers will face trying to pronounce his name :laugh::laugh:

It ain't that hard though... Well it is, but not if you know the rules.

L-y(i like in Intercepted)-sz(sh like in shamwow)-cz(ch like in change)-a (like in awesome) and you follow the same thing for the rest of his name.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn

I would say there already was a Polish Kopitar, that was Mariusz Czerkawski.

I would say currently based on the latest U-18 and U-20 WC, there really hasn't been any super stars.

Kacper Guzik was voted best player of the last Div. 1B WC, he had 11pts in 5 games and Poland got promoted to Div. 1A for next year. He's 19 now though and will have to find his way onto the senior squad next year.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=35305

Damian Kapica is another young talented player, however he's never been tested in North America and is 20 now doing pretty well in the Polish League.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=20417

The problem with young Polish hockey players is that only now is the developmental system starting to focus more on the youth. Most of the academies and youth programs have been neglected for a very long time, therefore not letting talent develop to their full potential. Many of these young players lack ambition to leave their country and pursue their career in a country where hockey is more developed and there's more competition.

Now with a new president of the Polish hockey federation and newly hired highly renowned Russian coaches and consultants (Parfionov, Bykov, etc.) things are starting to look much brighter for hockey in Poland and it's development of young players. Hopefully in the next 10-15 years there will be many more NHL'ers coming out of Poland.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I would say there already was a Polish Kopitar, that was Mariusz Czerkawski.

Now with a new president of the Polish hockey federation and newly hired highly renowned Russian coaches and consultants (Parfionov, Bykov, etc.) things are starting to look much brighter for hockey in Poland and it's development of young players. Hopefully in the next 10-15 years there will be many more NHL'ers coming out of Poland.

Yep Poland have had great players before.
It seems very positive with this development. With some organisation Poland should be able to get back as an A-nation as it was in the 70-80s.
They have made great stars more and less out of nowhere in ski jumping and cross country skiing so why not again in hockey! So in 10-15 years you could have a good team - with talents getting the right training from now on, you might even get a NHL'er even faster!

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It was announced yesterday that club from Gdansk applied to KHL. Club´s plan is to join MHL and VHL later. That can help. President of polish hockey federation, Mr. Hałasik, met with guys from MHL to talk about joining MHL. Seems there is ambition of PZHL and Gdansk club to develop polish hockey. Who knows? We will see.

Last edited:

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
It was announced yesterday that club from Gdansk applied to KHL. Club´s plan is to join MHL and VHL later. That can help. President of polish hockey federation, Mr. Hałasik, met with guys from MHL to talk about joining MHL. Seems there is ambition of PZHL and Gdansk club to develop polish hockey. Who knows? We will see.

If we say that this Gdansk team is successful in their application to the KHL, how do you think they are going to get around the rule regarding five Polish players in the squad? Not to sound too disparaging but I can't see anyone, even from the Polish national team, who could step up and contribute at a KHL level, let alone the compulsory five.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If we say that this Gdansk team is successful in their application to the KHL, how do you think they are going to get around the rule regarding five Polish players in the squad? Not to sound too disparaging but I can't see anyone, even from the Polish national team, who could step up and contribute at a KHL level, let alone the compulsory five.

the same as Donbass Donetsk. 5 ukrainians? Dont count Babchuck, Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky. Btw, this rule is not holy bible, can be abandoned. Gdansk can have polish guys, they will find a few of then, young one.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
the same as Donbass Donetsk. 5 ukrainians? Dont count Babchuck, Fedotenko, Ponikarovsky. Btw, this rule is not holy bible, can be abandoned. Gdansk can have polish guys, they will find a few of then, young one.

The rule can be abandoned? I'm not overly keen on moving those goalposts if I'm honest.

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn

There are a few guys who could play on 3rd and 4th lines for sure. If Oliva Gdansk does become a team and joins the KHL they will be the whipping boys in the beginning.
I'm sure the authorities representing Oliva will deman x minimum amount of Polish players to play on this team as one of the stipulations of them joining, who knows how the KHL will react to this.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne

Well. In the Polish NT there are enough guys who could play 4th line in the KHL, at least in a bottom team like Gdansk would be in the first years. :nod:

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
what about this guy? I always remember him having great stats. and he played in the czech U20 league. dont know much about him or his style though

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=20417

I listed him above in my post, he seems to be one of the brighter young players in Polish hockey. I just hope he has the right mental attitude to develop his talents in some of the more powerful hockey nations. Given the fact he played for HC Trinec U20 and then left to come back to play in Poland tells me otherwise though. He was playing well, so I'm not sure what his reasoning behind the move was.

Filip Starzynski is a bit of a mystery to me since when he plays for the NT he plays well, however if you look at his number in the NAHL, they're far from impressive.

The Lyszczarczyk kid might be impressive though, only 15 but by the look of his numbers seems very talented.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

The point for the KHL in Poland is to grow the game. In the beginning it doesn't matter who plays for Gdansk even though I am very sure there will be Polish players on it, but to get the city and the nation into hockey.

I am more curious about if (or when) Gdansk will be adding a MHL team because that (in some ways) will be more important than the KHL team.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
If they have the money to join the KHL, they probably have the money to entice some of the following players:

In NA:

Wojtek Wolski
Stéphane Da Costa
Krys Kolanos

In Europe:

Alexander Polaczek
Evan McGrath

Problem solved! :)

How is Michal Kotlorz doing these days? He impressed me waaaay back in the Pool B WJC in Odense back in 2006 or thereabouts...

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
If they have the money to join the KHL, they probably have the money to entice some of the following players:

In NA:

Wojtek Wolski
Stéphane Da Costa
Krys Kolanos

In Europe:

Alexander Polaczek
Evan McGrath

Problem solved! :)

How is Michal Kotlorz doing these days? He impressed me waaaay back in the Pool B WJC in Odense back in 2006 or thereabouts...

Will be great to see these ones in Gdansk jersey. But i still miss retired Krisztof Oliwa :D

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
I know this is an older post but how is ALAN LYSZCZARCZYK doing? Will we see him in the NHL anytime soon?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Fast check to Elitprospects - 42 games in CZE U18 -> 27 + 39 = 66 points.

Nothing special. So, i dont say he has no future, but i very doubt , we will see him in NHL.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Wolski-Szczechura-D.Zajac
Dziurzinski-Kolanos-Sislo
Kapica-Zalewski-Chmielewski
Konopka-Czarnik-Kolusz
+Kowalowka-Pasiut-Szydlowski
Urbanowitz

Oleksy-Woywitka
Kwiatkowski-Dronia
Pociecha-Wozniewski
+Dutka-Matczak
Rutkowski

Zapolski
Beskorowany
Odrobny

Bold = real Polish

Possible 4th line: Bulanowski-Konopka-Yablonski
this line will be badass :yo:

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014
Or they can use some czech players and naturalisate them:

Marosz, Kucsera, Sikora, Sztefek, Kolarz, Kania, Raszka, Hawlik, Sztruc, Ciencala

And some german players:

Nowak, Gawlik, Polaczek, Schymainski, Gawlik, Lewandowski, Mieszkowski (Plachta and Gogulla already played in german national team)

Young polish players with potencial are only Chmielewski, Kapica, Dronia, Pociecha and maybe Guzik. Really young are Fraszko and Wronka. If they leave polish league they can make progress to be a player on europian level. I saw match Sparta-Trinec and Chmielewski was great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad