TSN: Polak won't make Leafs - Lou

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Quote? From what I read, it was more that Polak is here to train with the team and rehabilitate for now. It didn't say that they won't sign him when he's ready.

Though I would be surprised if they did at this point.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Quote? From what I read, it was more that Polak is here to train with the team and rehabilitate for now. It didn't say that they won't sign him when he's ready.

Though I would be surprised if they did at this point.

I totally agree with you, but they would have signed him by now

"Roman Polak will not be signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs after completing his professional tryout with the team - Lamoriello"

"Polak may, however, stay with the team as a practice player while he continues his recovery from a playoff leg injury" - Lou

Last edited:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Not a bad idea to keep a guy like Polak around for now. If there's an injury, if the D falters, while he's not going to be a huge difference maker, he can fill in well and add some sandpaper

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Polak is a good leader to have around the club, especially since the Marlies are close too, he can be a big asset to the club. If he gets an offer from another team, so be it, but nothing wrong with having him trying to get back into form and if the Leafs run into issues with injuries he could be an emergency option

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Supposedly he's sticking around to practice with the team, so whether it's a favour to Polak or they actually want see a bit more of him.

Either way, best of luck to him after that awful leg injury.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Exactly what they should do with these sorts of guys. Have them around for practice and the dressingroom, but not to clog up the actual NHL roster.

This also seems like another example of "Lou takes care of his guys", ie vets who are good troopers tend to get at least minor league deals

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
As per Lou Lamoriello, Polak and Lilgegren (no surprise)

With the addition and emergence of 2 Swedes it was very apparent - discuss

Interesting so now the battle is between

Carrick, Rosen (waiver exempt), Borg (waiver exempt), Marincin

lol;

I think it is pretty obvious now

Rosen Carrick
Marincin

Borg (waiver exempt) would be the odd man out here... this sucks for the guy, he was pretty good.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

lol;

Rosen Carrick
Marincin

Borg (waiver exempt) would be the odd man out here... this sucks for the guy, he was pretty good.
Swap Borgman and Carrick.
Both was practicing with Carrick today which leads me to believe that will be our 3rd pairing.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
The Leafs defense is still not settled.

There could be a trade, or they dress 7 defensemen and play them, to see how they do under real game conditions.

The question about Carrick, IMO, is the game too fast for him? Is he really just a 5th or 6th defenseman.

The two rookie Swedes, can they handle the North American game?

The organization might try the Swedes first.

Lou will make Roman Polak a scout or some sort of assistant. Weight trainer or something. Roman will show Marner how to effectively use a medicine ball.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rogie

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

lol;

Rosen Carrick
Marincin

You got your Swedes backwards. Maybe not so obvious after all?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad