Post-Game Talk: Polak Costs Us | 2-1 Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
See I don't think that Hyman's pass is as tape to tape, was it a tap in opportunity yes? But the pass was too hot to handle, when the d pressures you, you make plays much faster and b cause of that d pressure you don't make the play as effectively as you would make with no pressure. That to me is context instead of saying that yea Matthews was there and the pass came to him.

Eye test on its own is subjective if you claim something wrong is with how I view the game then I will throw that sentiment right back at you

What?

Matthews gave him a drop pass and proceeded towards the net.

Tanev lost him in coverage.

Hyman pass's it to Matthews and Matthews attempts to tip it five hole.

Pass too hot to handle? LOL

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Oh boy.... now just one period? How about you just talk about one shift then tell people how wrong they are....

Just stop man seriously.

First it was a shot from a bad angle now Hyman's pass was not tape to tape and "too hot to handle".

Just watched that exact play and you couldnt be further from the truth.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What?

Matthews gave him a drop pass and proceeded towards the net.

Tanev lost him in coverage.

Hyman pass's it to Matthews and Matthews attempts to tip it five hole.

Pass too hot to handle? LOL

LOL indeed! My eyes are better than your eyes.... sure........ whatever

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Just stop man seriously.

First it was a shot from a bad angle now Hyman's pass was not tape to tape and "too hot to handle".

Just watched that exact play and you couldnt be further from the truth.

haha the truth based on what? Your belief in what your eye test says? Lol okay.....

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
See I don't think that Hyman's pass is as tape to tape, was it a tap in opportunity yes? But the pass was too hot to handle, when the d pressures you, you make plays much faster and b cause of that d pressure you don't make the play as effectively as you would make with no pressure. That to me is context instead of saying that yea Matthews was there and the pass came to him.

Eye test on its own is subjective if you claim something wrong is with how I view the game then I will throw that sentiment right back at you
I don't understand how you can say it wasn't tape to tape. It's literally from Hyman's tape to Matthews tape.

Hyman's also not pressure and Tanev gets confused and goes Brown (trailer), so where's this pressure you speak of?

Reactions: weems

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Like I said we can have someone post the video of these plays if you'd like?

And then do what? You will claim some gun games is a good play I will say it is not a quality chance. When that happens what is the third metric that decides? Data could support some arguments I have already provided you with stats but apparently you and your first period eye test is all that matters right?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't understand how you can say it wasn't tape to tape. It's literally from Hyman's tape to Matthews tape.

Hyman's also not pressure and Tanev gets confused and goes Brown (trailer), so where's this pressure you speak of?

Which one are you talking about? One where Matthews tipped the puck and goalie made the save or the one where Matthews missed the tap in?

weems

Jul 3, 2008
And then do what? You will claim some gun games is a good play I will say it is not a quality chance. When that happens what is the third metric that decides? Data could support some arguments I have already provided you with stats but apparently you and your first period eye test is all that matters right?

I just posted a video
If it doesnt work go to youtube and search Markstrom backstops canucks to 2-1 win against Leafs.

Go to 1:25

It clearly shows your grasp of that play is way off.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

1:25

Might need help with uploading this

Had to go straight to youtube to watch it but thats nice pass by Hyman and a beauty tip by Matthews and Markstrom stops it and makes a nice save on the rebound too. Brutal play by Tanev not to stay with Matthews there as he pulled away for no reason as he had a forward back defensively to cover the nearest Leaf.

A different keeper in net and Matthews may have multiple points that night.

Dump Itch

Sep 9, 2017
Pretty disappointed the Leafs couldn't beat the Canucks despite having a better roster.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
Well if you want to be pedantic, the first shot was tipped so not exactly anything Andersen could have done and Polak handled the puck like a grenade on the play that resulted in the second goal. But sure, it's easy to make broad sweeping statements.

The Leafs started yet another game with a bad 1st period. Which is a big issue. But sure lets blame one player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad