Quebec City
Yep, most likely Galarian Ponyta.
My little ponyta. It's so adorbs. <3
78eed5bb7b.jpg

Reactions: tealhockey

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I’ve pretty much liked every Galarian Pokémon design so far. Much better than Alola.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I feel like there is no hype around this game.
I don't know how to describe it. I think people are finally catching on to how little GameFreak is invested in Pokemon nowadays.

I'm still gonna get it but I still haven't pre-ordered it and I doubt I will rush to get it day one at this point. Just wait for Christmas or something.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The buildings are to scale. Maybe the map is as large as some of the always-positive-people are suggesting. That is the good.

But other than that what does the game give you? My Little Ponyta and White Knight M'Lady Sir Fetched. The Pokemon feel like they were created as memes and not seriously.

They hyped up there whole Pokemon Home application and spinoffs so you could store all in one place and transfer to any games... only their first iteration on the new console will not allow you to import some Pokemon (an unknown number and list). When they were criticized instead of offering up a compromise like "we will patch it when then next Pokemon game comes out and we model the rest of them" it's "yeah this is just the future, no more pokemon games will include all pokemon. We're doubling down and clearly have no direction with this franchise".

The trailers - the world feels like it hasn't evolve at all beyond the graphics since 1997. The world does not feel lively. It feels static. Characters just stand around doing nothing. Pokemon Lets Go brought Pokemon wandering in the brush. Why not have them in towns? Why not have people walking around the towns? Make it lively.

If this does poorly in sales hopefully Game Freak wakes up or gives up the IP to a studio that can actually do something with it.

This stuff shouldn't be hard but with Nintendo and GameFreak it's like pulling teeth to get the tiniest of movements in the right direction.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I feel like Gigantamax should be as interesting to me as Mega Evolution was, but it just isn't. Maybe in practice it will be more fun than it looks.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I feel like Gigantamax should be as interesting to me as Mega Evolution was, but it just isn't. Maybe in practice it will be more fun than it looks.
The only thing interesting to me about that particular trailer is that they gave some love to Butterfree after Beedrill got the appreciation previously.

But other than that I 100% agree with you.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
The only thing interesting to me about that particular trailer is that they gave some love to Butterfree after Beedrill got the appreciation previously.

But other than that I 100% agree with you.
Yeah, the Butterfree one is pretty cool, but I wish it had a more interesting attack effect. Same with Eevee.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I would be totally for having an entire game with absolutely nothing from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh.

I'm tired of seeing different forms of the same f***ing Pokemon.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
In what appears to be one last ride for the 3DS generation, you can got to Gamestop/EBGames and get codes for Sun and Moon (both vanilla and Ultra versions) to acquire shiny Solgaleo and Lunala (In (Ultra)Sun for the former and (Ultra)Moon for the latter)

EBGames is distributing them via code cards

Gamestop appears to be using some sort of new "Pokemon Pass" phone app that links to your Pokemon Trainer Club account and uses your presence in the store to download and unlock the code you need. I suspect this means that getting enough cards for multiple versions would require multiple PTC accounts.

The promotion runs from now (actually this last Monday) until November 10.

EBGames also has a steelbook doublepack of Sword and Shield available for pre-order. I think it's like $150 Cdn, so it's slightly less than buying each game individually and appears to come with some extra bonus stuff including download codes for whatever you need for a couple of those Dynamax or whatever they're called powers that this game is introducing. It would also appear to suggest confirmation that Larvitar and Jangmo-o's lines are in the game based on the images pointing out those codes.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Was working on bringing all my Pokemon into Bank and realized I had a bunch of shinies that I never brought over from X and Omega Ruby. And I can't find my cartridges. A sad day for a bunch of shinies, but especially my shiny Aegislash, Greninja, Ninetales, Talonflame, Reshiram, and Raikou.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Was working on bringing all my Pokemon into Bank and realized I had a bunch of shinies that I never brought over from X and Omega Ruby. And I can't find my cartridges. A sad day for a bunch of shinies, but especially my shiny Aegislash, Greninja, Ninetales, Talonflame, Reshiram, and Raikou.
Sorry to hear about your losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->