Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Sun/Moon isn't totally forgotten yet. I got a newsletter yesterday announcing that at the end of October EBGames/Gamestop are going to have code card giveaways for a shiny Solgaleo or Lunala in any of either vanilla SuMo or US/UM

Yeah, I saw that too.

If anyone wants to add me for Pokemon Masters, shoot me a PM.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
The only thing that would get me excited would be a comprehensive online and multiplayer experience but Nintendo has the worst platform in the history of the world for online play and GameFreak has never done anything beyond small gimmicks so I don't have much to be hyped about.

I still have the pre-order and I'm sure I'll play through it over time but that trailer doesn't get my hyped. There's nothing in it that's unique.

Last edited:

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
A mysterious new Pokemon has appeared on the official website:

Direct link: Official Website | Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield

All that's been revealed is that it's a Fighting type with Steadfast as it's ability. Some are speculating that it could be
a Galarian Form or evolution of Farfetch'd, as there is a resemblance when the image on the page is rotated 90 degrees to the right (which makes it look like it's holding a sword and shield, with the former looking quite a bit like Farfetch'd's leek)

Last edited:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Nice that Gamefreak is going back to their roots by bringing back Missingno :naughty:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Nice that Gamefreak is going back to their roots by bringing back Missingno :naughty:

I'd love that if it were real there should be like a 1/250 chance when you catch one that it'll "glitch" your game and delete your save. Just to make people flip their **** :laugh:

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
That’s a pretty damn cool design.

I see that it’s a Sword exclusive, wonder what we get for Shield.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That’s a pretty damn cool design.

I see that it’s a Sword exclusive, wonder what we get for Shield.
Aegislash but now it looks like this.

latest

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
So Game Informer visited Game Freak's HQ and got a whole bunch of exclusive Sword/Shield info, mostly mechanic/gameplay/feature-related:

• An autosave feature will be available, and can be toggled on and off.
  • Like in Generation VII, HM's won't be in the games.
  • The Exp. Share is no longer an item. with its' effects being enabled at all times.
  • There will be a whopping 18 gyms in the game, divided into a "minor league" and a "major league".

Pokémon Sword and Shield Exclusive Coverage

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
  • The Exp. Share is no longer an item. with its' effects being enabled at all times.
I've only dabbled with newer gens of the game, but I absolutely hate this feature. I feel like in the old games I had to constantly cycle my team and it really felt like you were training them. This way, I'm incentivized into just using my strongest pokemon and letting the others reap the rewards.

The 18 Gyms with minor and major leagues sounds cool though.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad