Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Just finished my playthrough of one game for each generation (DS and on only; SS, AS, Pt., Bl, Y, US, Sh).

I don't know why Shield got so much hate. It certainly isn't a perfect, polished game but I enjoyed it and it is definitely a step up from previous games graphically.

The challenges are getting easier and easier - they really need to add a slider to EXP to allow users to pick their difficulty. It's not hard at all and there's no reason not to.

Dexit ended up not really mattering to me, but I'm also not someone who will pump hundreds of hours into each game (anymore).

I am excited for the expansion passes. Will be interesting to see what all is improved upon, if anything, or if it's just additions.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't know why Shield got so much hate. It certainly isn't a perfect, polished game but I enjoyed it and it is definitely a step up from previous games graphically.

It also had the most linear game play in the series. Routes were shorter than they have ever been and you couldn't go anywhere without Hop interrupting you.

Also the graphics were far from good. They were better than previous renditions, as they should be, the switch is far more advanced than the 3DS. It was not much of an improvement though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It also had the most linear game play in the series. Routes were shorter than they have ever been and you couldn't go anywhere without Hop interrupting you.

Also the graphics were far from good. They were better than previous renditions, as they should be, the switch is far more advanced than the 3DS. It was not much of an improvement though.

I can see that. I think the wild area is a radical enough addition to make up for a lot of that, but they certainly could've done more with it.

Pokemon has literally never had good graphics. It was nothing but sprites until what, 2013? They were a big step up from previous games IMO, but obviously still not good. They're just never going to be at the top end, though, and anyone expecting anything else should probably go back and compare old Pokemon games with other games at those times.

Reactions: robertmac43

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I can see that. I think the wild area is a radical enough addition to make up for a lot of that, but they certainly could've done more with it.

Pokemon has literally never had good graphics. It was nothing but sprites until what, 2013? They were a big step up from previous games IMO, but obviously still not good. They're just never going to be at the top end, though, and anyone expecting anything else should probably go back and compare old Pokemon games with other games at those times.

I think the Wild area was great in concept and will hopefully get Game Freak to venture more into the open world direction. It was not fleshed out enough to make up for the sub-par routes imo.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I want to be excited but I'm not fully convinced. I'll likely wait for some reviews before purchasing.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I bought it on announcement day since I thought it was dropping immediately following the fallout from the horrible reviews. I was pissed

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

Pokemon Stadium, released 20 years prior, has better animations than Sword/Shield.

Reactions: Roman Fell

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Excited for the news tomorrow. Apparently there is some news that is not DLC related as well.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Excited for the news tomorrow. Apparently there is some news that is not DLC related as well.

Cmon Pokémon Sleep!

But I’m hyped for DLC. I’ve been dabbling in Double Battling, only 2-1 online but nearly in masterball tier in the Battle Tower.

Just got my 60th shiny in Shield in Scorbunny, but no hidden ability sadly. Only 240 eggs though!

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Pokemon Snap sequel announced!

(Now where are they going to put the Snap stations with Blockbuster no longer with us? :laugh:)

Also, Pokemon Cafe puzzle game:

And Pokemon... teeth brushing assistant.

Last edited:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think I'll get Pokemon Snap but it does look gorgeous! Now can we get a vibrant looking world like that in the form of a mainline game? That is what I'm really after.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have not found the tweet myself, but apparently Pokemon advertised they are hiring 20+ more developers for a main stream game. My friend was the one who told me about this, asked him for a link.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
New Pokemon Snap?!

Finally a new version of the only good Pokemon game!

:vhappy:

it sure is unreal how the largest media franchise of all time, and the only one to soon break a trillion dollars, only good game was a photography game released in 1999

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
it sure is unreal how the largest media franchise of all time, and the only one to soon break a trillion dollars, only good game was a photography game released in 1999

That just isn't true.

G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/PT, and HG/SS are all some of the best games you could own on their respective platforms.

There's a definite argument that the games have harshly declined post DS era, but a franchise doesn't get this beloved without a solid foundation.

Reactions: HanSolo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->