Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I'm really starting to hate the proliferation of subscription service stuff for gaming. I get it, I already pay like $8 Cdn a year or whatever it is for Pokemon Bank, but there should be a deal that if you have Bank already you get a discount on Home. Because if I don't want to move all my stuff to Home while those mons are unavailable to be used in... anything, I have to keep it. And if I want to use other online features of the Pokemon games on the switch, I have to have the Switch Online Service content paid for as well.

So that's like $8 for Bank
$25 for Switch Online
Probably $20 for Home given that the Switch Online price isn't a straight-up exchange rate conversion

$50 a year almost just for full access to my pokemon games and their storage and full playability capabilities.

It should be something like if you already buy Bank and keep it outside of that free month then they knock the price for Premium down by like 1/3rd. Just have it that every time you renew your bank subscription you get a coupon code to use towards a cheaper purchase of Home or something.
Or just include Bank in the cost of the premium Home.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Or just include Bank in the cost of the premium Home.

I considered saying that, but chances are that, for now at least, it's more expensive to operate both. Maybe in like a year or two when the only holdouts on the 3ds side are a tiny population of absolute hardcores and most of the national dex is available in some form or another on Switch games they can fold them in together.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I considered saying that, but chances are that, for now at least, it's more expensive to operate both. Maybe in like a year or two when the only holdouts on the 3ds side are a tiny population of absolute hardcores and most of the national dex is available in some form or another on Switch games they can fold them in together.
I just don't see much cost on their side for the storage of that data, but maybe that is my ignorance speaking. I see much more value overall in the functions that Home offers than Bank does, but even then, I feel like a lot of those features could just be in game. I'm not completely sour on Home because it at least provides a platform that they can grow off of, but I thought that was what Bank was supposed to develop into. I guess the more I think about it, the more it bothers me the approach that they've taken with it generally. Hopefully they provide some actual support for Home unlike what they did with Bank.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Someone surprise traded me a level 100 shiny Gastly named Rick Gastly. Clearly hacked, but made me laugh.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Pokemon Home has been released:

Also, enjoy your free, completely non-special, Pikachu :eyeroll::

EDIT: You can also get a Kanto starter of your choice in the mobile version (I'd personally choose either Bulbasaur or Squirtle, since Charmander is obtainable in SWSH's postgame).

Last edited:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Transferred all my Pokemon from Bank to Home. Was pretty quick on mobile. Only missing 3 Pokemon for a complete living dex.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm currently playing through USun and I'm planning to move all my pokemon to Home, but it kinda sucks that you can't use any of those in VGC.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
lXMmSOV.jpg

Caught a full-odds shiny Sneasel earlier. :D

Reactions: JWK and wingsnut19

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Who's buying MD day one? Looking forward to a Pokemon game with some kind of challenge to it.

shello

Mar 5, 2011
Dana Point, CA
Who's buying MD day one? Looking forward to a Pokemon game with some kind of challenge to it.

I'm excited for it as I played the original countless times growing up, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting it day one. Mainly because of Animal Crossing releasing so soon after but man am I tempted

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hadn't picked up my Switch in a few months, but the last couple weeks I've been working to complete the Galar dex (as well as put together a full living dex along the way). Setting up Home has helped in that regard. I'm in the final stretch now, with ~315 of 400 acquired.

Reactions: robertmac43

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
If someone still plays on the 3DS and has a spare, mind trading me Zeraora? I have spares of multiple events + shiny HA Ho-Oh + Lugia.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Anyone else get the mystery dungeon game?

I just downloaded it, first time ever playing one. So far so good. Nice and simple.

Not exactly sure what the deal is with combat sometimes though. My charmander just starts shooting people with fire from really far away sometimes when I’m not controlling him, but it seems like when I am he needs to be so close to use an attack

Just beat the first “boss” if that’s what they’re called on the mountain

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I just downloaded it, first time ever playing one. So far so good. Nice and simple.

Not exactly sure what the deal is with combat sometimes though. My charmander just starts shooting people with fire from really far away sometimes when I’m not controlling him, but it seems like when I am he needs to be so close to use an attack

I absolutely love it! Have 30 hours played already (had a strange amount of time off this week). It's super addictive and it has a level of challenge Pokemon has not had in too long.

If you ever die in a dungeon and need to be saved shoot me a PM!

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

I have it too! One thing I miss from the originals is just the plain attack, now PP management is a much bigger part of the game. You can go into the menu and 'turn off' moves for each Pokemon in your team to conserve PP or let other moves grow. I'm finding myself relearning the range on some of the moves too.

Any other MD players wanna swap friend codes? And who did you get in the quiz results? I got Chikorita, which I've never really used in other games before. Was tempted to switch for Totodile but have stuck it out and it's growing on me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->