Pokemon Thread #25 - A new Tera

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I was skeptical at first, but after watching the direct and thinking about it a bit, I'm pumped for this! Better then the alternative of buying a third version of the game @ full price with an entirely new save file. Awesome that this is a direct build off of of my already made file.

I love that Game Freak is making these games more about exploration, building off the wild zone was one of the main things I wanted as this franchise moved forward.

MD is something I will be getting on day one, I loved that game when it first came out and those graphics look amazing!

Also calling it now. Urshifu is the next Smash character!

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Seems a bit early for an expansion pack - typical developer putting aside 25%~ of a game that was already made at launch and then capitalizing on it as DLC.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Seems a bit early for an expansion pack - typical developer putting aside 25%~ of a game that was already made at launch and then capitalizing on it as DLC.
Yeah, it is a general practice that I really dislike, but unfortunately one that the entire industry has gone towards. One thing I loved about PS4 God of War was that they released a full game and said upfront that they weren't going to be adding any content via DLC.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think the big thing for me is you will be able to control your camera angle. Hopefully that doesn't mean this 2 part expansion will have a small wild area where you can rotate your camera... but that everywhere you will be able to rotate your camera. That's been an early source of frustration for me. I'm glad they're bringing in Pokemon from the previous generations and expanding the Pokedex. We'll see as more is revealed.

Reactions: robertmac43

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
A couple of wide distribution gifts are expiring this week:

Code: K0UN1NMASC0T
Gift: 1 each of a fast ball, moon ball, and level ball

Code: 1YAHAYA
Gift: 1 each of a heavy ball, lure ball, and beast ball

Code: 0KUGAFUKA1B0RU
Gift:
1 each of a love ball, friend ball, and dream ball

The "0" in the above codes are zeroes, not the letter o. This shouldn't be an issue given that the keyboard for codes doesn't let you use the letter.

All codes are done via the Mystery Gift option from the game menu, then "get via code". They all end on January 15 (Wednesday)

The other expiring gift is a Gigantamax-capable Meowth that also expires on the 15th. That one you don't need a code for. Just select "Get via internet" and select it from the available gift options (of which it is the only one)

there are a bunch of other active gifts right now that aren't as imminent:

PRESENT gets you 10 Luxury Balls. 0T0SH1DAMA has 10 Dive Balls. Both of those run until the end of January.

G1GANTAMAX gets you 20 battle points until Jan 30
and
KAMPFTEAM also rewards 20 BP until the end of February (and Gamefreak = nazis confirmed :sarcasm:)

AREAS1LVESTRE grants 10 Premier Balls and runs through Feb 27.

GALAR rewards 1 bottle cap through Feb 28

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Decided to mess around in Battle stadium singles and built a Super Luck Togekiss holding scope lens, which gives it a 50% chance to crit, thing is hilarious. Swept a guy with it by getting 8 crits in a row. Might actually try to build a serious team around it.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Hey, any chance someone has a hidden ability Sableye (prankster)?
This is unfortunately one of the ones I don't have, and since I'm playing Sword I can't find it for you either. If you do find one, please let me know, I'd like one too. I've got a fair few other HA Pokemon available to trade.

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
This is unfortunately one of the ones I don't have, and since I'm playing Sword I can't find it for you either. If you do find one, please let me know, I'd like one too. I've got a fair few other HA Pokemon available to trade.
I might just have to catch one on my brother’s game. I didn’t want to chase that 5% appearance rate, but I might have to.

Also, I didn’t catch enough of the event snorlax, so if someone has an extra Gmax snorlax with the hidden ability (gluttony) I would pay handsomely for one.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I might just have to catch one on my brother’s game. I didn’t want to chase that 5% appearance rate, but I might have to.

Also, I didn’t catch enough of the event snorlax, so if someone has an extra Gmax snorlax with the hidden ability (gluttony) I would pay handsomely for one.
I definitely have an extra Gluttony Gmax Snorlax I could trade you, though no guarantees on the nature or IVs.

Reactions: GeniusSuperior

GeniusSuperior

Sep 30, 2010
I definitely have an extra Gluttony Gmax Snorlax I could trade you, though no guarantees on the nature or IVs.
Awesome! If I find a prankster sableguy, is that a trade you will make? I’ll start searching. I don’t expect perfect nature or ivs from raid Pokémon, but low speed would be cool. I’ll pm you when I find one.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Awesome! If I find a prankster sableguy, is that a trade you will make? I’ll start searching. I don’t expect perfect nature or ivs from raid Pokémon, but low speed would be cool. I’ll pm you when I find one.
Yeah, that works for me. I don't think I have an extra low speed one, unfortunately. I'll take a look later what I have available and give you options.

I have a bunch of breedjects if people are interested. Off the top of my head I have the following:

Drilbur (HA)
Larvitar
Corsola (HA)
Hawlucha
Sinistea (HA)
Eevee (HA )
Magikarp (HA)
Farfetch'd (HA)
Vulpix (HA)
Mimikyu
Dreepy
Rookidee(HA)
Snom(HA)
Togepi(HA)
Charmander(HA)
Rotom
Duraludon (HA)
Deino
Impidimp
Axew
Toxel
Ferroseed (0 speed)

... and some more that I can't remember right now. Some are in apricorn balls, but most are just normal balls like premier or luxury ball. Can send any of them with a good nature and at least 4IV. Most of the ones I have in HA I also have non-HA if they are viable.

And if anyone has special requests, let me know. Generally interested in breeding projects anyways.

EDIT: Thanks to GeniusSuperior, I also now have:

Gothita (HA, 0 Speed)
Sableye (HA, 0 Speed)
Indeedee (HA)

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Is it difficult to get G-MAX pokemon? I still don't have my Switch Lite yet but I'm getting one just for this game. Just curious if getting competitive pokemon is a real grind or not.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is it difficult to get G-MAX pokemon? I still don't have my Switch Lite yet but I'm getting one just for this game. Just curious if getting competitive pokemon is a real grind or not.
It’s not that hard once you beat the game especially. Not that hard in general though. I think I had 3-4 G-max Butterfrees before the second gym.

Reactions: YNWA14

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Anyone here involved in the competitive battling scene?
I'm not particularly good, but I do enjoy the competitive side on cartridge, but only singles so far. Looking at getting started in doubles since it seems more popular, but none of my Pokemon are really bred/ trained for doubles, so it'll take a bit to transition. Don't really play on showdown, and with the ban of dynamax, that isn't likely to change.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Does the premium get you pokebank as well? Or do you need both?

No, but Bank (and PokeTransporter) will be free for a month once Home is released:

To commemorate the release of Pokémon HOME, we will make Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter available at no cost for a one-month period after Pokémon HOME is released. You’ll be able to bring Pokémon from various Pokémon series games using Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter. Once you've got your Pokémon in Pokémon Bank, you'll then be able to move them to Pokémon HOME!

Move Pokémon to Pokémon HOME

Reactions: robertmac43

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
I think the free version should allow more than 30 Pokemon to be stored, and I think that GTS should still be an in game function rather than only available in this app, but overall I'm okay with this. It is quite a bit more than Bank, but it seems like a much better program as well. One thing I hope is possible is to sort the Pokemon you have stored, by name, number, level, etc. That would make going through what is in there a lot easier, and allow to organize and see what Pokemon you're missing from a living Dex.

Also came across this resource for those still doing raids: Pokemon Wild Area Map

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm really starting to hate the proliferation of subscription service stuff for gaming. I get it, I already pay like $8 Cdn a year or whatever it is for Pokemon Bank, but there should be a deal that if you have Bank already you get a discount on Home. Because if I don't want to move all my stuff to Home while those mons are unavailable to be used in... anything, I have to keep it. And if I want to use other online features of the Pokemon games on the switch, I have to have the Switch Online Service content paid for as well.

So that's like $8 for Bank
$25 for Switch Online
Probably $20 for Home given that the Switch Online price isn't a straight-up exchange rate conversion

$50 a year almost just for full access to my pokemon games and their storage and full playability capabilities.

It should be something like if you already buy Bank and keep it outside of that free month then they knock the price for Premium down by like 1/3rd. Just have it that every time you renew your bank subscription you get a coupon code to use towards a cheaper purchase of Home or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad